India tour of England 2018

It’s amazing that as soon as India get on top in a test the activity here increases 100 fold. Where have you all been :p

Like cockroaches creeping out of crevices as soon as it gets dark. They are always around, just don't show up.

It’s amazing that as soon as India get on top in a test the activity here increases 100 fold. Where have you all been :p

Its the serotonin, Zim! The feel good hormones are in full flow amongst us Indian fans and hence the increase in excitement. :D

Its kinda weird that at Lord's, India had a huge rub of bad luck and here at Trent Bridge, they have mostly had the better of conditions both while batting and bowling. On Day 1, they batted under mostly sunny conditions. Today it was cloudy when we bowled in the afternoon and we made most of it. And credit to them for having the skill to take advantage (many an Indian team in the past didnt have the skill to take advantage of helpful conditions).

Really disappointing that the openers got a good start but weren't able to push on. Dhawan looked set for a really good score. Hopefully Pujara does not follow suit to Dhawan and Rahul.

Did anyone observe how Pujara watched the ball in one of the over at the end of today's play? After Bairstow collected the ball, he gave the ball to 1st slip, then passed on to 2nd slip, then to other fielder and then to bowler. Pujara was watching the ball all the way till it went to the bowler. This happened around 4 times in the same over and Pujara watched the ball all the time. He may not be scoring too many runs atm, but this level of dedication impresses me a lot.

Did anyone observe how Pujara watched the ball in one of the over at the end of today's play? After Bairstow collected the ball, he gave the ball to 1st slip, then passed on to 2nd slip, then to other fielder and then to bowler. Pujara was watching the ball all the way till it went to the bowler. This happened around 4 times in the same over and Pujara watched the ball all the time. He may not be scoring too many runs atm, but this level of dedication impresses me a lot.

Don't jinx him please! :D He needs a huge one here. For India's and his own sake.

Though I saw some footage of Pujara and his technique standing at slips. The fielding coach needs to be fired!! Bad technique when standing at slips is totally the mistake of the fielding coach. R Sridhar should be sacked right after this tour. Can easily see why we have been dropping catches left, right and centre. Its the fielding coach's job description to identify the right fielders for the right spots, teach them the proper technique when standing at those spots, convey to the captain as to who needs to be the preferred resources (and who shouldn't be) for each spot, etc.

It's happen 3rd time in between session

2016 Mirpur test 100 for 0 all out after tea
Than Auckland 58 all out yesterday 115 runs
For 10 wickets[DOUBLEPOST=1534718969][/DOUBLEPOST]
Looks like it.
Dose not matter he will rested for 90 over today

Don't jinx him please! :D He needs a huge one here. For India's and his own sake.

Though I saw some footage of Pujara and his technique standing at slips. The fielding coach needs to be fired!! Bad technique when standing at slips is totally the mistake of the fielding coach. R Sridhar should be sacked right after this tour. Can easily see why we have been dropping catches left, right and centre. Its the fielding coach's job description to identify the right fielders for the right spots, teach them the proper technique when standing at those spots, convey to the captain as to who needs to be the preferred resources (and who shouldn't be) for each spot, etc.
If he score 17 more today under good weather pujara hatters will like him

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24411727/virat-kohli-legacy-defined-next-months

Here's a piece from Ian Chappel that I was just reading on cricinfo. What a ridiculous opinion honestly. Sometimes it's mesmerizing how such big players can have huge blind spots. Maybe I'm biased as I am a huge Kohli fan, but how can his legacy possibly be defined by one series, and his battle against one bowler. He's already done plenty good as a captain, and he'll have ample opportunity in the future. A world cup as captain would go a long way as well. Let's not particularize everything to Test cricket even if it is the most important format. He's made mistakes sure, but this is by no means legacy defining. Not sure what the point of this piece was really.

Also, since I criticized him before, I'll say it was a great effort from Pandya. I think he still doesn't merit a spot in the test team, for now.

I am still not convinced of Pandya's all round capabilities, but credit where its deserved.

I know stats do not represent everything, but good stats tend to show the right picture. Even if we ignore the runs scored by Pandya as being the third highest in the first two games, we should not ignore the other stats. After Kohli he had played the most number of deliveries, more than Vijay/Dhawan/Rahul/Rahane. Also Pujara, but Pujara played one less match. Plus if you watched the matches, Pandya showed a lot of application reigning in his naturally attacking instincts to play as per the situation and conditions. Plus he got to bat in the worst conditions and situations. While this was acknowledged by some, doubts still remained on his value as a bowler in the side.

And now he has answered that as well with his possibly match winning 5fer, even if they were in bowler friendly conditions. He pitched the balls in the right areas and bowled way better than our new ball pair.

I am surprised to see people still calling for his head for the next two tests after all these efforts. He is still a work in progress, but with his batting he has shown that he is willing to work on his game. And regarding his technique and style not being worthy of playing in Test Matches, that is a fair point. But then again, technique can only take you so far. We have had players with some very unorthodox and limited techniques do well in Test cricket. Success in Test cricket has always been attributed more to temperament between the ears than skill between the wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread