India tour of England 2018

He will play no matter what. He bowled well, and was awarded for that. He bowled in the right areas and got wickets. It's hard to consistently drop the ball in an exact area where batsmen can fish at.

I completely detest Hardik. He resembles the Hindutva brigade, brash and arrogant. You must be a bhakt

If India manage to lose the match from this position, then I dare say we deserve to have a 5-0 thrashing.

Looks like Michael Holding is the guy targeted for Hardik's 5-fer spell here! Well... Holding was not wrong! One sensational spell doesn't make Hardik a test quality allrounder yet. And all Holding said was "he is just not there yet". He didn't say "Hardik will never be there". Good for India and Hardik that he got those wickets. But let's not press the "I said so" or the "what did you say?" button yet. Let him keep up these performances over a consistent period and people will be happy to be proved wrong.
Holding is still right. Even if he took a fifer in helpful conditions he has to prove more to even become a quality all-rounder. He's hasn't shown anything notable with the bat since that 93 against SA or with the ball until now. Hardik does not deliver consistently as an all-rounder which is what Holding was trying to say this whole time. He is nothing compared to someone like Stokes, who you can always depend on to produce something with the ball and bat whether if it's 40-50 runs and 2-3 wickets. In order for Pandya to be given a proper all-rounder tag, he need to be more consistent. This fifer was a start, but he needs to carry this forward.

The thing is if Indian bowlers have bowled this well, Anderson will definitely bowl better just because of the control he has. England are unlikely to waste new ball like India did so our top order needs to be at their absolutely best to put England out of this game.

I completely detest Hardik. He resembles the Hindutva brigade, brash and arrogant. You must be a bhakt
Can someone explain what this even is? :p[DOUBLEPOST=1534693519][/DOUBLEPOST]Anderson will definitely relish these conditions. It's like bread and butter for him. I'm hoping either of the top three to convert a start into a notable score. Guys like Rahul and Dhawan have played some beautiful shots only to play a ridiculous shot and throw it all away.

If India manage to lose the match from this position, then I dare say we deserve to have a 5-0 thrashing.
Would say 7-0 , 2 extra match wins without even playing..:p

Great bowling from Bumrah and really good keeping by the young Pant..

Also for some reason the batsman are playing freely, is that any software issue or is it really happening..

Would have liked to see you actually quote me since I was the only one who talked about it. I will tell you to read my post again as I have never said that he is a test quality all-rounder yet. I did say that he needs a lot of work to reach to that level. However, its ridiculous how much criticism he has got while he has been the only batsmen apart from Kohli and Ashwin who has shown some spine while batting in the first 2 tests.

Also I haven't targeted Holding for his words on Hardik. He is actually quite right there. However, there have many instances in the series so far and also when he was working in that India South Africa series where out of nowhere he would criticise India for something completely garbage stuff. He yesterday mentioned about the black bend that India are wearing saying that "Indian players are wearing the black band not because they are 0-2 down" before he actually mentioned about Ajit Wadekar. Also remember him criticizing Pant and Hardik because they apparently have been selected based on their "IPL performance.". Immediately someone from the sky team pointed out that Pant averages 54 in first class cricket and he was all quiet. Also remember when Virat was doing pretty well in South Africa while batting, he said he needs to perform in England to prove his greatness. Absolutely ridiculous stuff that came out of mouth. As I mentioned in the previous post that I am a fan of him because he is very honest in his commentary but he sometimes comes up with something absolutely unnecessary stuff to criticize India.

Oh no Aalay! I did not have any post in mind when I wrote that. I dont even remember reading your post on this topic (I might have read it but I still don't remember; you have to guide me to the page where you posted about it).

I was following the trend on Twitter where people were targeting Michael Holding and his comments and that triggered me to post what I did.

----
I am really enjoying this ultra positive batting mindset from our openers. Looks like everyone who was ridiculed before this test, has come out with some special powers to prove the naysayers wrong. Dhawan is batting very positively, Hardik Pandya has gotten a 5-fer and Rishabh Pant has had a fantastic test so far. Good for them and awesome for India!

Not sure if I'm the only one but most of the matches I've seen recently Hardik Pandya has contributed in someway, have never seen him wicketless in any of the matches but he has never been a MOM either or scored a century if I can recall. He gets a place solely because he's a fast bowling all-rounder which we never had(except Kapil Dev and somewhat Irfan Pathan) or have barely any/no other options to choose from. He has good pace, touches 140 kph, a very good fielder and a handy batsman but he doesn't excel in any of these which is the point people put across but having him in the squad gets you a decent player who can contribute if not with the bat then maybe with his bowling and save some runs with his fielding. To me he's a much more better batsman than a bowler and I did read somewhere he started bowling not long before his professional cricketing journey started, he was a batsman. Although we gotta agree he isn't a Test material yet but let's see!

Rashid has the same role as the security guard inside the MC businesses in GTA online..:D

Mate you gotta accept you're a relative of Bumrah/related to him in the open which I assume you are, there's nothing wrong if you are and I don't know from where that thing came from. And please keep this to Cricket and not politics/Bumrah only.

Although at first I really thought you were Bumrah but since he was playing today maybe you're a part of his PR team. :p

Users who are viewing this thread