India tour of England 2018

It’s amazing that as soon as India get on top in a test the activity here increases 100 fold. Where have you all been :p
I think all were here with their posts ready of how great team India is but it just took 2 tests to click the "Post Reply" button...:D

Like the way these two are approaching the game. There's a huge amount of time left in the game. No need to play flashy cricket. Just wear the opposition down and take maximum advantage later on.

Like the way these two are approaching the game. There's a huge amount of time left in the game. No need to play flashy cricket. Just wear the opposition down and take maximum advantage later on.

Its just about batting out the whole of today. When there is no pressure, a lot of batsmen will score runs. Once the threat of the first session is out of the way I expect guys like Pandya and Pant to make merry. One good thing for India is that the three of our most reliable test batsmen (Kohli, Rahane and Che) have looked good in this test. Looking at how flat England are here, Kohli/Pujara might actually get a double. I also expect a big score from one of the batsmen following this partnership. Might even be a hundred for Pandya.

Both Pujara and Kohli are looking at ease, confident and a very well controlled fifty for both. Should be a confidence booster for Pujara, will be vital for the next two matches.

This is a crucial innings by Pujara. He's just making sure he puts the game well beyond England's reach.

I'm here to say Kohli and Shastri and them only but nobody else is responsible for Pujara's performance today, they should be sacked... Can't get over this thing LOL :p

I'm here to say Kohli and Shastri and them only but nobody else is responsible for Pujara's performance today, they should be sacked... Can't get over this thing LOL :p
You have been taking potshots for a while. So it has started to get boring. But if you think they are not to be blamed for ruining Pujara and possibly almost ending his career, then I do not know what to say.

God damn! There was a hundred there for the taking and Pujara messes it all up!

Good innings nevertheless and a mighty crucial one that will give confidence to not only him but hopefully to the captain and team management so that they persist with him.

Wonderful knock by Pujara, really grinding innings this! A pure Test knock and shows the intent doesn't necessarily mean scoring at a brisk pace but to fight it out in the middle and build on the lead for the team. If this is not intent then nothing is.

Wonderful knock by Pujara, really grinding innings this! A pure Test knock and shows the intent doesn't necessarily mean scoring at a brisk pace but to fight it out in the middle and build on the lead for the team. If this is not intent then nothing is.
Agreed..:thumbs

I think we have worn them down long enough here. Its time to kick on and not risk this game to rain. Even a collapse from here on means a run chase of 450. We ought to be able to defend that for sure. Also, it looks like the wicket is now really dead and will need all the time in the world to take 10 wickets. Its raining as well. We are going nowhere with this game at the moment.

I think we have worn them down long enough here. Its time to kick on and not risk this game to rain. Even a collapse from here on means a run chase of 450. We ought to be able to defend that for sure. Also, it looks like the wicket is now really dead and will need all the time in the world to take 10 wickets. Its raining as well. We are going nowhere with this game at the moment.

I would wear them down further. It's day 3. It means less freshness in the bowlers in the next test.

I'm a bit disappointed with the English attitude and body language. They've well and truly thrown in the towel. Apart from of course that human beast called Ben Stokes. I love how he plays his cricket. Not a second he takes off the gas!

It’s amazing that as soon as India get on top in a test the activity here increases 100 fold. Where have you all been :p
Likewise, you have gone awfully quiet :p

Users who are viewing this thread