India tour of England 2018

Don't worry! My reply was sarcastic. There is only one guy in that [HASHTAG]#BumrahArmy[/HASHTAG] force and we all by now know who that is! :D

I knew Bumrah is not yet test material and I am happy that sensible and analytical posters like you are pointing it out with proof from his bowling in the ongoing test.

It will seems like beating over dead meat but it again keeps coming back to the management. You need balanced people in critical positions. Bumrah should have been nowhere near the test team to be honest. You and I could have run up and bowled on those stupid SA wickets and taken wickets. Note, my use of the word 'stupid.' They were proper lottery wickets where one kept low and the other whizzed past the helmet. I have never had issues with lateral movement, be it seam, spin or swing. I think poor wickets are those where it keeps up and down. In SA, he actually bowled quite poorly to be honest.

There was no need for Bhuvi to play one game in England in the limited overs leg. If there is one place you want B Kumar playing for you then it's a test match in England. Instead, he was played in those meaningless bilaterals and now our best bowler isn't available. Kumble would have ensured these things but that coke snorting hippo is just there to carry Kohli's bags. Bumrah is a LOI bowler and that's about it. At least, for now. I think he has potential though to be a good red ball bowler!

It will seems like beating over dead meat but it again keeps coming back to the management. You need balanced people in critical positions. Bumrah should have been nowhere near the test team to be honest. You and I could have run up and bowled on those stupid SA wickets and taken wickets. Note, my use of the word 'stupid.' They were proper lottery wickets where one kept low and the other whizzed past the helmet. I have never had issues with lateral movement, be it seam, spin or swing. I think poor wickets are those where it keeps up and down. In SA, he actually bowled quite poorly to be honest.

There was no need for Bhuvi to play one game in England in the limited overs leg. If there is one place you want B Kumar playing for you then it's a test match in England. Instead, he was played in those meaningless bilaterals and now our best bowler isn't available. Kumble would have ensured these things but that coke snorting hippo is just there to carry Kohli's bags. Bumrah is a LOI bowler and that's about it. At least, for now. I think he has potential though to be a good red ball bowler!

Excellent point there. Bumrah would be one of the first names on the ODI team sheet but as a test bowler his skills are limited and his lengths are not wicket-taking at all. It might look good on TV with the edge being beaten but in reality, his bowling is only suited to up and down wickets. Even in ODIs, Bumrah is essentially a slog overs and first change bowler and not a great wicket taking option with the new ball. Umesh should'nt be playing ODIs and Bumrah should'nt be playing tests overseas. The exact opposite has happened in the last 2 tours. Umesh's pace and accuracy were both excellent in that last spell at Birmingham. Curran could'nt put bat to ball against Umesh while he was creaming it against the other bowlers. Remember, when Rashid and Curran were going strong and all our bowlers were struggling to break that partnership, it was Yadav who got the edge in his very second ball (only to be dropped by Dhawan) and then bowled Rashid with a screaming in-dipper. Those are the test match lengths I`m taking about. Bowlers who bowl attacking lengths will also go for runs in some spells (several Pakistani pace bowlers) but will pick you wickets. We already have Ishant who is this hit the deck bowler making use of uneven bounce. I totally expect this brain-dead team management to now go ahead and pick Bhuvi for tests in Australia where it will be flat and have no assistance for swing bowling. Thats how they work. Shastri and Kohli feel that going against conventional cricketing logic is modern and brave. In reality, its just stupid.

Excellent point there. Bumrah would be one of the first names on the ODI team sheet but as a test bowler his skills are limited and his lengths are not wicket-taking at all. It might look good on TV with the edge being beaten but in reality, his bowling is only suited to up and down wickets. Even in ODIs, Bumrah is essentially a slog overs and first change bowler and not a great wicket taking option with the new ball. Umesh should'nt be playing ODIs and Bumrah should'nt be playing tests overseas. The exact opposite has happened in the last 2 tours. Umesh's pace and accuracy were both excellent in that last spell at Birmingham. Curran could'nt put bat to ball against Umesh while he was creaming it against the other bowlers. Remember, when Rashid and Curran were going strong and all our bowlers were struggling to break that partnership, it was Yadav who got the edge in his very second ball (only to be dropped by Dhawan) and then bowled Rashid with a screaming in-dipper. Those are the test match lengths I`m taking about. Bowlers who bowl attacking lengths will also go for runs in some spells (several Pakistani pace bowlers) but will pick you wickets. We already have Ishant who is this hit the deck bowler making use of uneven bounce. I totally expect this brain-dead team management to now go ahead and pick Bhuvi for tests in Australia where it will be flat and have no assistance for swing bowling. Thats how they work. Shastri and Kohli feel that going against conventional cricketing logic is modern and brave. In reality, its just stupid.

I readily accept Bumrah is not a test bowler. However, I feel he has potential, and lots of it. He draws edges, though he wastes balls

Bumrah should have been tried out in easier tests first. He is not yet a test bowler, but he is only 24 and his first class statistics suggest that he has good potential

Hope the weather doesn't play spoilsport. It could either mean 2-1 or 3-0 in favour of England because a result is definitely on in that case.

If India manage to get 4 wickets by Tea, I would say they would end up being in the driver's seat. Would have loved to have one yesterday.

Lol, looks like game would finish by day 4

Have to get one of them out, as soon as we can! Ashwin has been wicketless but they were unable to score in his overs, expecting him to get a wicket here. C'mon team!

In a world where teams score 400+ runs on a regular basis in ODIs, 500+ chase could be on in Tests if the conditions are good for batting. Sun beating down on the pitch beautifully right now and unlike the first session, nothing in it for the bowlers right now. Another 120 runs today with these two at the crease today, and its actually game on for England tomorrow[DOUBLEPOST=1534862347][/DOUBLEPOST]Could have really used Umesh at this point .. make something happen

I don't see these two being troubled until the new ball atleast

Did not watch this session, but looks like Kohli's field placements were questionable again ... criticism online and on TV, being blamed for being too defensive

It looks like its going to take a lot of effort to get Buttler and Stokes. India must not let England take control of the game. Reading the commentary, there seems to be a lot of reverse swing. It's hard to see one of the batsmen staying for long at the crease but they've played a few overs of Shami reversing it.

Umesh needs to be brought next game. Bumrah hasn't done much throughout the match and always leaked runs giving momentum to the opposition. I feel like his pace and extra bounce would have been helpful on a surface where the sun is beating down.

Users who are viewing this thread