Kevin Pietersen Resigns As England Captain And Peter Moores sacked as Coach

I've just sent the ECB a bloody long email just spouting my thoughts, mainly about the ODi team. Made sure I mentioned Jonathan Trott a few times as well Foxy ;). We should definitely keep sending the ECB e-mails about him until he's called up. I tried to make my e-mail nice and pleasant though, I didn't slag them off too much, just slagged off Ian Bell and Paul Collingwood a few times. Be interesting to see if I get a reply, took me ages to write the email.

I've just sent the ECB a bloody long email just spouting my thoughts, mainly about the ODi team. Made sure I mentioned Jonathan Trott a few times as well Foxy ;). We should definitely keep sending the ECB e-mails about him until he's called up. I tried to make my e-mail nice and pleasant though, I didn't slag them off too much, just slagged off Ian Bell and Paul Collingwood a few times. Be interesting to see if I get a reply, took me ages to write the email.

I don't think our plans will work somehow :D We're probably better off emailing sky sports because the selectors seem to pick the players they hype up the most. I reckon Trott will get his call up, my little campaign to get Patel called up worked last year (well possibly Patels performances were a small factor) so maybe our Trott one will work too.

Anyway Moody looks quite likely now, just depends if the ECB are prepared to pay a lot of money, although if KP is going to turn down a contract and go off to the IPL like osme people are saying then there would be a big gap in the budget.

I cannot see KP choosing the IPL over playing for England. He'll never be able to return to England if he does that without being majorly abused, and what with his Missus being English she won't want him to do that. I'm sure £300'000 a year is more than enough for KP as well, although that's probably risen, as that's the figure Vaughan was on in 2005/6. I can't see him abandoning England for the IPL. He'll want to prove himself to the English fans.

I dunno about that, if the England selectors picked players based on Sky hype, then Napier and Malan would be opening the batting in Test Matches, with Bresnan and Mahmood opening the bowling. The Sky commentary team have been ignored as much as the fans have when it comes to England selections. I'm sure if we keep e-mail and Trott keeps scoring they'll pay attention eventually, and we'll get jobs working for the ECB :D

What a few people have missed about the whole debacle is that it seems the ECB had already decided they were going to sack both and then kp resigned. But from what I can see now they seem to have given what KP wants but without him being captain! They currently no have no head coach and that is basically what KP wanted.

I reckon strauss will be a good choice as captain but whatever happened they probably had to pick someone who wasnt in the ODI squad as there was no clear captains and they just went for Strauss as an easy option. It is only temporary so if Key performs in the Lions tour he could well be in for it. Which a lot of us would like!

Got an intresting article from The Times on Thursday/Friday to post up in a min, will scan it in for those that didnt see it.

holdenator added 44 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

img117.jpg

For those of you that are intrested as to the factions in the England camp!

Knew about The Darts Group! Harmison apparently has a portable dartboard that he takes on tour with him (hope it's not an inflatable one).

Yeh, I knew about the Darts group as well, there's a piccy of Harmy throwing arrows in their room in one of Fred's books. One question though, how exactly do the Times know about these groups so indepthly?

It has to be partially speculative, the Mirror had a similar one which has three groups (Pietersen camp, non Pietersen camp, neutrals) in which Monty was in the Pietersen camp, as an example of a contradiction to this piece.

I hope Strauss is tough on Collingwood and Bell. Both have been annoyingly bad in there performances over the last few years.

Pietersen says he was forced to quit

Kevin Pietersen has said that he was forced to resign as England captain by the ECB and had not been given any explanation as to why he was asked to stand down. He said he was informed of the ECB's decision while he was on holiday by a brief phone call from Hugh Morris, the managing director of England cricket, and that a subsequent email from the board confirmed the end of his tenure as captain.

Source

Do not miss this article...do read....

"Mate, I love you to bits and the last thing I want you to do is quit as captain."
Kevin Pietersen recalls what Steve Harmison told him in India
:rtfl:eek::D

Maybe KP imagined the first 16 words. After all most people without Pietersen's ego might find it strange for a strapping northerner to declare their undying love to them.

I think the fact that KP 'resigned' maybe signals to everyone that the ECB would still like to bring him back as captain? Surely if they had clear out sacked him then you would think he is gone for ever. But the fact he resigned then leaves the ECB going back to him without having to re hire someone that was 'sacked' as such.

Nah, he won't be back. His captaincy wasn't too impressive to be fair. The best players don't always make the best captains, and I can't see KP coming back. Can see Straussy getting a good run at it.

KP says was "forced to resign". WTF? I thought ECB was one of the best professionally managed board. Poor stuff this.

Users who are viewing this thread