Mafia01 - Classic Mafia - End Game - Mafia (Zhuorb and Swirler) win

ved_

International Coach
LOLguys, didn't know you would actually lynch on MYLO. It's a classic game with 2 mafia, 1 doctor, 1 cop and 3 blues. I've actually played this setup a ton of times at epicmafia. We are actually supposed to No Lynch on Day 1, because we have a slightly better chance to lynch the mafia on Day 2. There is't supposed to be too much talk in here because that gives out doctor reads. For all of those FOS'ing me, stop trying to go with the easy lynch. No lynching is a legitimate strategy in here. If you want to go ahead and lynch, then well be it. This may turn out to be very bad though.
UnLynch:No Lynch

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
jsyk, I gave the mafia more time because I'm not allowing them to talk during the day, so don't take time zones/activity into account for what happened last night.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
LOLguys, didn't know you would actually lynch on MYLO. It's a classic game with 2 mafia, 1 doctor, 1 cop and 3 blues. I've actually played this setup a ton of times at epicmafia. We are actually supposed to No Lynch on Day 1, because we have a slightly better chance to lynch the mafia on Day 2. There is't supposed to be too much talk in here because that gives out doctor reads. For all of those FOS'ing me, stop trying to go with the easy lynch. No lynching is a legitimate strategy in here. If you want to go ahead and lynch, then well be it. This may turn out to be very bad though.
UnLynch:No Lynch

Sounds to me like someone was hoping they could slip through the first night.

We've already lost the Cop, so we haven't exactly got time to learn anything in the night, instead we'll just lose a second civilian. Potentially a doctor. I think in a way, we've been forced into a gamble because of losing such a useful ally.

You say it may turn out to be very bad though. Not will turn out to be bad. If you're not a mafia, then surely it can only turn out to be bad?

@ Hedger, I can say what I want to try and get someone talking ;) For example, you say they can't communicate during the day. So with that in mind, a pressurised mafia individual might struggle to keep supporting his fellow mafia if things are unravelling around them. Different stories (or similar ones from a previously agreed QT discussion) could show themselves.

----------

I looked up MYLO since you didn't explain what it meant when someone asked.

It means a mislynch will lose the game.

----------

And you're right.

P = 2n + x + 1

Where n is the sum of the mafia, x is the number of deaths that can occur at night, and P is total number of players.

6 = 6.

Hmm, I'm more confused than ever now :(

----------

It also makes me want to ask just how experienced is Barmyarmy? Should he know this?

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Like Puddleduck said I haven't said that and you're seeing things. Nice try...

I know you didn't say it, but that's what you were suggesting from your posts. That's what I got from it anyway. :)

Actually I said it first so he repeated what I said and I then elaborated on it.

You've made a pretty aggressive opening post which is intriguing. Usually aggressive posts like that are designed to deflect attention and seeing as Zhuorb was the only one who had been FOSed...

That said I'm going to add an FOS onto MaD as he tends to start mafia games really slowly and might need some persuasion ;)

Nothing has really stood out for me so far apart from Zhuorb. User2010 always plays a very close game which is hard to read and Puddleduck hasn't played before so can't get a great read there.

Your right you did mention that first, I must of missed it. My post wasn't intended to be aggressive, and I'm not sure that it is. Just found it strange that you were pointing out how important you are in the game.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
As someone who has successfully manipulated the GF role before, why were you so clueless at this point?
Tbh, I didn't know there was actually that much in the word 'classic'. I don't think anything else was mentioned too. Hedger didn't say this will be an open setup, did he?

Looking back at all those posts, I think PD is confusing himself or mostly us..

Zhuorb feels No lynch is right as he has played tons of games on the other site. I'd like to know from him what info will he have apart from one more townie dead (may or may not be) after night 2?

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Tbh, I didn't know there was actually that much in the word 'classic'. I don't think anything else was mentioned too. Hedger didn't say this will be an open setup, did he?

Looking back at all those posts, I think PD is confusing himself or mostly us..

Zhuorb feels No lynch is right as he has played tons of games on the other site. I'd like to know from him what info will he have apart from one more townie dead (may or may not be) after night 2?

Are you joking? He specifically mentioned how many of each role there was... So either you weren't paying attention at the start, or you're lying. So I ask again, how come so careless?

----------

The first post even says so...

----------

You are right though, I've confused myself massively haha.

(Partly because I didn't want this game to suffer from inactivity) and partly because there is at least some method in my madness. I think.

----------

User, I have posted why Zhuorb is technically correct. I actually don't think we should no lynch, I think we should. However, in checking up things, his suggestion is not as scummy as I first thought as he does appear to have actually done exactly what is textbook townie move in the current situation.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Are you joking? He specifically mentioned how many of each role there was... So either you weren't paying attention at the start, or you're lying. So I ask again, how come so careless?
If that is the case then I didn't pay attention.

User, I have posted why Zhuorb is technically correct. I actually don't think we should no lynch, I think we should. However, in checking up things, his suggestion is not as scummy as I first thought as he does appear to have actually done exactly what is textbook townie move in the current situation.

It would be alright if we had the cop to get us some info. What I want to know is, how he thinks we will have some info on day 2. We will only have one more townie dead (if doc doesn't save the right person). Yeah, the probability of us hitting the mafia increases but, it gives mafia a free kill for the night.

PD, I get nothing of your n and P calculations (:p), if that is what you posted for proving Zhuorb technically correct.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
It's from the offical mafia site so I'm gonna believe him ;)

It's what he meant when he said MYLO. What it means, is if we lynch the wrong person, and the mafia kill someone, it is already game over.

----------

However, I like to gamble, so I'm all for lynching someone :D

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
If we lynch wrong, yes it will be game over. Yeah, worth looking at it that way too. No one has been really scummy so, alright, I'm ok with a no lynch. But, I'd like to see what other people think.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I think I've said quite a lot so far, I think I know who I'd lynch if the option is there, and currently my FOS: Barmyarmy. That said, I'd like to see some debate between other people for a bit :p

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
I know I'm town, Zhuorb and puddleduck are giving me town vibes and Barmy's leaning towards mafia for me.
That leaves, swirler and User, not sure between the two...

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I'll say what I actually think when a couple of people have posted again :)

My posting mostly gibberish has given me a good idea of what I want to do.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
No lynch on day 1 is the normal tactic in classic mafia but with the cop dead a lynch on day one becomes a better bet.
Posting no lynch straight away stifles discussion and means you don't have to defend why you are FOSing someone. Also FOSing is important because firstly you can FOS more than one person and secondly it's not as strong as lynching and doesn't allow the mafia to jump in and hammer someone if they are two votes towards.

My FOS remains on Zhuorb and MaD although at least MaD has attempted to post his thoughts on who is mafia unlike Zhuorb.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
@ Hedger, I can say what I want to try and get someone talking

Yes, you can. I'm just stating that as a fact and I'd rather it not be used as the basis for a lynch but go ahead and do as you feel.

And yes, because I can't be bothered reading much at 2am in the morning, yes, I have already stated this is CLASSIC SETUP. i.e. 2 mafia, 1 cop, 1 doc and 3 villagers.

um, have there been any lynches yet? lol

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Lynch: Barmyarmy He's quite literally the only person who's posted anything remotely suspicious and I feel he's too good a player to have done so.

Well done everyone else, you all look innocent for now :)

Users who are viewing this thread