Online Play

Game online

I was playing someone who lives about a mile away and the game was lagging.:eek:I also have a 50mb connection speed.:eek::eek:

I was playing someone who lives about a mile away and the game was lagging.:eek:I also have a 50mb connection speed.:eek::eek:

That really is outrageous, isn't it. :facepalm

In this day and age, I couldn't have predicted how sub-par the online aspect of this game has turned out to be.

Fixes are absolutely required.

Game

I have just sent an email to codemasters,i will paste there reply on here.
I have also enquired about the batting difficulty online.

Reply from codemasters

This is the reply i received from codemasters
Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning International Cricket 2010.

Unfortunately we cannot confirm any plans, at the moment, to release any updates for International Cricket 2010 on the X-Box 360. We do not rule out doing an update, but this will not be in the immediate future.

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services

**********************************************************************************

Now i no how serious codemasters are i helping us... i myself wrote back to codemasters about 3 times after that reply which they gave me. I have not had any reply from them. I bought this game so i could play online but its a waste. I d be bete off selling it on e bay or something. Ill never trust a codies product ever again

I had a game with Codebreaker last night on Live. The game lost connection to host yet the private chat continued. If we could still have a natter then the fault isn't with Live or our own connections. I think Codies are being a tad disingenuous with some of their communications.

In a way this could be a good thing, they are obviously aware there is a problem with the online aspect of the game so they spin all is well or it's Live / PSN 's problem. When / If a patch is released that addresses this then they can play the good guys and we'll love them again. It's a long shot..................

Uh no, denying there is a problem means they don't have to do anything. The moment they admit there is a problem means they have to fix it, since they are basically admitting to giving us a faulty product.

I'll send a strongly-worded email later today basically showing them that the fault is theirs and not ours. Out of curiosity, what email address are you guys sending these to?

email

Uh no, denying there is a problem means they don't have to do anything. The moment they admit there is a problem means they have to fix it, since they are basically admitting to giving us a faulty product.

I'll send a strongly-worded email later today basically showing them that the fault is theirs and not ours. Out of curiosity, what email address are you guys sending these to?

[email protected]

Can someone on Xbox play a game against me? (I'm sharing the net cable between my PC and Xbox, so you'll need to let me know then wait a bit while I get in game)

I've set up my computer with my TV capture card so I can record the Xbox directly (rather than with a camera), if we could play a few games and clearly be able to link hitting boundaries with the disconnection, it might help.

Matt

Can someone on Xbox play a game against me? (I'm sharing the net cable between my PC and Xbox, so you'll need to let me know then wait a bit while I get in game)

I've set up my computer with my TV capture card so I can record the Xbox directly (rather than with a camera), if we could play a few games and clearly be able to link hitting boundaries with the disconnection, it might help.

I will play matt.

Matt even I can play, I've also setup my tv tuner with my laptop so we both can record and show them the problem from both sides.

Well i played 2 games with jaraarrow last night and both got disconnected after we hit a four and a six. I have had it with this game. I have now written an email to codemasters. lets see what they respond with, that is if they do.

Hi,

I am alioz (planet cricket member). Well I am writing you this email because I bought your game but I am not able to play it online. Now I know you will say that the disconnection problem is due to everyone’s internet and has got nothing to do with Codemasters. But don’t you find it funny that all the internet connections in the world suddenly become useless when playing IC2010.

I mean seriously, do you really think that there is no problem with this game?. I am sure you know that disconnection only happens when you hit a Six or Four runs. How come every internet becomes slow when we hit a four or a six? Please stop ignoring this issue and do something about it. I have bought a game which advertise online play but I am not able to play one game more than 3 over’s. How would you feel if you bought a car which stops after every 3 Kilometres, and car manufacturer advise you that it’s because of road condition and nothing to do with them. Think for a Minute.

Or It could be that you have made this game so advance and ahead of technology that no internet company can catch up.....If that’s the case then please let us know and I will keep this game so I might be able to play this game in the future when internet companies catch up to your technology......And please don’t give me an answer which will insult my intelligence.

Regards,

alioz

Hmmm, a scary thread indeed. I hope for all your sakes it gets fixed and you can get some complete games soon ;)

Just a couple of questions I'm interested in hearing peoples views on;

- Have they fixed the 'length' issue with bowling? or is the 'good zone' still a half-volley length?

- Is the quality of the ball still detiremined by where you put it on the pitch? (i.e. are you still restricted to bowling where the computer wants you too to get good balls, or is it more about the delivery itself that detirmines a good ball?)

- Can you have true custom fields? or do you have to put your guys on preset 'spots' like in AC09

Basically trying to work out if it's worth investing my money into this version.

So far I'm not that excited about this game based on what I have been readying... but I've also bought every cricket game for Playstation since PS1, so a big part of me wants to get it, but I have a feeling it will be a dust collector on my shelf if the online is as rubbish as it sounds like.

Hmmm, a scary thread indeed. I hope for all your sakes it gets fixed and you can get some complete games soon ;)

Just a couple of questions I'm interested in hearing peoples views on;

- Have they fixed the 'length' issue with bowling? or is the 'good zone' still a half-volley length?

- Is the quality of the ball still detiremined by where you put it on the pitch? (i.e. are you still restricted to bowling where the computer wants you too to get good balls, or is it more about the delivery itself that detirmines a good ball?)

- Can you have true custom fields? or do you have to put your guys on preset 'spots' like in AC09

Basically trying to work out if it's worth investing my money into this version.

So far I'm not that excited about this game based on what I have been readying... but I've also bought every cricket game for Playstation since PS1, so a big part of me wants to get it, but I have a feeling it will be a dust collector on my shelf if the online is as rubbish as it sounds like.

You can now ball different lenths but they do depend where you pitch them. Also if you want to play offline (which i never do) then this game is better than aco9...however dont get me started about online play :mad:......

Users who are viewing this thread