Pakistan in India

I can't believe you guys, one bad performance and you all want them dead.

I think the bowling needs a complete over-haul.
But more so to blame is the fielding-it actually cost us the match.
Jaffer-well i dunno know why they gave him Man of the Match,it was Misbah-ul-Haq who actually deserved the award.

Zaheer Khan lacks the hunger.
Munaf Patel-a complete gone case
Harbhajan-the most over-rated off-spinner for India ?

I seriously wonder what the Team will do without Kumble,there isnt a quality spinner in the country.I say,give Murali Kartik a chance.Also,get in Ajit Agarkar-agreed he gives away a few runs,but atleast he'll pick up wickets.

P.S-If Sree and RP don't get ready for the Oz series,its T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

Agree with u on munaf and bhajji.
But zaheer no way.He will be a different bowler under australian conditions.

I was really dissapointed with the attitude though, Munaf just jogged in and bowled half heated 75 MPH balls, I know for a fact that Sree would have bowled his guts out.

We could easily won, I am going to be so mad if Pakistan win the last game.

Personally I've been baying for Munaf's blood ever since he disgraced himself on that South African tour. :D

As for Harbhajan, again, I've said before that I rate Murali Karthik as a better option for this series because he spins the ball away from the right handers and provides a good variation to the attack instead of two right arm spinners who cannot take the ball away from right hand batsmen. Kumble's leg spinner is usually so pitched up that it's a leg stump half volley. And even when pitched right, it doesn't turn much anyway.

Zaheer is OK by me. He at least tried hard. And Kumble is of course still going strong except that the pitch defeated him this time around. All in all, I rate the effort as substandard. I think they went out on the last day expecting a draw. The intensity of trying to bowl a team out was lacking.

We need fitter fielders and we need seam bowlers who can bend their backs. At least Sreesanth, if he is fit, would give that full effort.

Last edited:
Kumble completely ripped apart any theories that Pakistan would have gained a moral victory after getting a draw.

Go Anil, GO!

This match is obviously a draw, because look at it this way.....

India won't want anything less than 350 and that will take at least an hour to achieve, and then where do India get 10 wickets from? On a balanced equation it would work out as 2 wickets in the first (half, becuase India batted) session, and then 4 wickets both in the 2nd and 3rd sessions....

So its virtually impossible.

I told you so.....

any news on RP and Sree for the Bangalore test?

if they are not fit then i can't see india winning the test unless the batting is mindblowing

Last edited:

Munaf was supposed to be the fastest indian bowler.
And now he is the fastest spinner in indian cricket.:p

I'm not too concerned about our bowling. I think Zaheer and Anil bowled well. I think Harbhajan could have bowled better if he used his brain a little more. However, he did bowl a few great deliveries in the first innings to have Pakistan tottering. Munaf was the usual suspect. He just seems lazy. But we didn't really have anyone in the reserves.

It's nothing new for India to let Pakistan, or any other team for that matter, off the hook. This has been a perennial problem--not just one caused by this group of bowlers.

India played well in this test match. The one area where we lacked was attitude. When we knew that the pitch wasnt helping us much, our intensity dipped alarmingly and we went through the motions. That probably explained Jaffer's non attempt at a catch that was his for the taking (1.28 seconds reaction time for that one!). Munaf must be confined to domestic cricket for the rest of his career. He is no more international material. For a fast bowler to have that kind of fitness, that kind of attitude, is JUST NOT ON!

Harbhajan bowled very well in this test match. It was his first innings wickets that left Pakistan tottering. he tried hard in the second innings but the pitch just didnt allow him the luxury to get wickets. Murali Kartik is also a slow spinner on a pitch where we needed pace and spin mixed together. Some one talked about Murali Kartik because he gives variation. Well, Bhajji is a off spinner and Kumble a leg spinner. What else variety do we need? We had to go with two medium pacers coz early on, the pitch was expected to help the pacers in the mornings.

Our batting is in fine shape. Our bowling is OK but can improve. Its our fielding and our attitude that needs big time change.

i expect a few changes for Pakistan, obviously if Malik is fit he will replace Iqbal who sucked it up big time in this test. and i would like to see someone replace Sami, probably Arafat unless Asif is fit.

Butt
Hameed
Younis
Yousuf
Malik
Misbah
Akmal
Araft/Asif
Shoaib
Tanvir
Kaneria

Arafat doesnt have experience but I am sure that he can do better than Sami, plus he is just as good or even better batsman.

Haha geez you Indians are hard to please.

This is reason why no one wanted to coach India even though the guy could have lived on his earnings for rest of his life.:D

munaf just doesnt deserve a place in the team,the guy looks half asleep and doesnt seem to give it his 100%,such people shouldnt play even if he is very talented.

Squad for 3rd Test

1. Wasim Jaffer
2. Rahul Dravid
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Yuvraj Singh
5. Sourav Ganguly
6. VVS Laxman
7. MS Dhoni
8. Anil Kumble
9. Irfan Pathan
10. Harbhajan Singh
11. Zaheer Khan

Not really,they themselves are to blame.

Agree with u on munaf and bhajji.
But zaheer no way.He will be a different bowler under australian conditions.

I hope so

Squad for 3rd Test

1. Wasim Jaffer
2. Rahul Dravid

Meddling with the opening pair just before Australia is a bad option indeed.
I'm dead sure they'll get in Gautam Gambhir who really deserves a chance after his fantastic performances.

Users who are viewing this thread