Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

With Katich being used as the part-timer before Marcus North I can now see no reason why he should remain in the side. Watson to 6 with Hughes up the top would be a far better situation than the current one. Watson can bat anywhere and could be moved up the order if we were in need of quick runs

People have to see reason! It's too early for Phillip Hughes! Sure, he was brilliant in SA. But did you watch him in the 2nd test? He struggled to hit square on the leg side. Under 15's can do it better than him!

Let him go back to the domestic system, and county cricket and fix it. He will be back, jut not now.

All great players had an extended runs out of the side, after great starts. Look at Clarke, Ponting, Hayden?

People have to see reason! It's too early for Phillip Hughes! Sure, he was brilliant in SA. But did you watch him in the 2nd test? He struggled to hit square on the leg side. Under 15's can do it better than him!

Let him go back to the domestic system, and county cricket and fix it. He will be back, jut not now.

All great players had an extended runs out of the side, after great starts. Look at Clarke, Ponting, Hayden?
My point of North having to go still stands. Australia seem intent on having a useless number 6 who can hardly bowl and contributes very little with the bat, we need to pick a genuine batsmen rather that guys who can bat and bowl a little bit like North and McDonald have been

Watch Bollinger and Siddle bowl with the new ball, then watch Asif's first ball to Watson. Wow seam movement, a hint of swing. That's what I'm talking about. By comparison, at present the Aussie new ball is pretty average
Their second new ball was poor even in comparison with their own first new ball. I think this current one has also been gun-barrel straight apart from the first ten minutes or so.

My point of North having to go still stands. Australia seem intent on having a useless number 6 who can hardly bowl and contributes very little with the bat, we need to pick a genuine batsmen rather that guys who can bat and bowl a little bit like North and McDonald have been

Yes, but not Hughes. Go for a more developed batsman. Usman Khawaja comes to mind. Or even Cmaeron Wihte, George Bailey.

White's a good first slipper, handy legspinner and *broken record moment* the best captain in Australia. Plus, his batting has improved out of sight in ODIs over the last year. He can do the job, and he's got another ten years to play.

Gazza_11 added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

How good was Katich to watch at the end! Overtook Ponting by eight, from quite a deficit!

Cosgrove? cant get much more rounded than that. :p

How did I know someone would say that? :laugh

Who are the contenders for North's spot though? White, Bailey, Klinger, Khawaja...S Marsh? Cosgrove? Ferguson after he returns from injury?

Gazza, nobody gives a ████ about your opinion.

Hughes!!!!!!!!! :banana2

Scoring 2 centuries against SA means he is FULLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY developed.

And if North is dropped, I can see Hughes getting in the side.

My broken record time- White is nowhere test selection. Poor technique, not at all a number 6.

Usman maybe, Bailey is in good form but its the only half season he's ever had in good form, still averages under 40 in FC cricket, and he is better than North? No way. Maybe S Marsh. But hey North might make some runs in NZ and not be dropped and we could be talking shite.

Users who are viewing this thread