Story PCXI take on the world- 1st match v Namibia toss: Namibia = Bat "*8 spots remain"*

Zimbabwe were finished off in Quick succession at the end of the 30th over. Gutteridge was the man to take the last 3 wickets of the match. His first was H Streak for went for a cut shot but miss timed it and it went to T Baker. Streak was gone for 1

streakke9.png

D Hondo didnt last long either as he was dismissed for 0 edging the ball to Baker.

hondorh7.png

C Mpofu lasted 1 ball before he was caught out in the deep by Apip. It was a tough catch by it was pulled off with his safe pair of hands.

mpofuwh8.png

Zimbabwe were bowled out for 30 in the 2nd Inns really disappointing that they couldnt produce a better display of Sportsmanship. Presentation ceremony coming soon

Yes, poor batting by Zimbabwe.

A suggestion: I'd like to see the summary scorecard at the end of every match as it makes the story easier to follow.

thanks. 30 all out is pathetic by Zim... :p

What a thrilling game of cricket we have had played here today the hosting team couldnt live up to their own expectations and that was to beat the World XI side. But it wasnt to be today World XI finished this game just before stumps day 2. and now we'll cross over to Richie Benaud for the presentation ceremony.

Thank you Mark and welcome everybody to the Presentation ceremony here at Harare. Firstly i'll have a chat to the losing captain Heath Streak. Heath disappointing loss there?

Yes very disappointing it started badly when their openers got off to a flier and from there i feel is where we lost the match. Our Batting in both innings was appauling and our bowling was disgraceful myself included.

Yes youve pretty much summed it up there. How will you approach the ODI match in a weeks time?

With high intensity training setting the bowling machines at our off stump or jsut outside to work on that area and also our bowling

Alright thank you Heath and if the winning captain would join me. Brendan how do you think that match was?

Well i think it was disappointing that we didnt get much competition in this match i wouldve liked to see Zimbabwe get our 1st innings target and give our bowlers a slightly harder challenge which is what i'm hope for the ODI match in a week

you mentioned the ODI coming up in a weeks time, how will you be preparing for that?

We will be training like we're playing against Australia. Every match must seem like we're playing against the best team and we should be preparing in that manner.

ok Thanks Brendan and now for the man of the match award. it has been a split decision between Tom Baker for his 14 dismissal behind the stumps and also to Usy Usman for his 1st 10 wicket haul on debut. Boys if you come up and accept your trophies. i'll start with you Tom how was it keeping to such a good bowling line up?

Yeah it was quite good they didnt give me anything too hard to reach and they bowled really tighly so it was just a matter of gloving them and as you said i got 14 dismissals so i am quite happy that they stuck.

Ok Usy you got your 1st 10 wicket haul on debut how does that feel?

Feels great just a shame i may not get any in the next one

yes you did leave after your 7th over are you carrying an injury or is it too early to tell?

umm yea i've torn my calf muscle the physio said i may play depending on how well i recover but i could miss up to 3 weeks if i don't recover to full health

ok thank you boys and congratulations on getting the MOTM award jointly and good luck to you both for next match and your recovery. Thats all from us here at Harare see you in a weeks time for the 1st ODI match Here at Harare. Good Bye till then

NAtional 9 News
ninelogo.gif

The World XI captain Brendan Gutteridge has just signed a contract with Puma. The Decision was made after he was given a guarentee that he could stay with Puma for as long as he wanted whereas the other manufacturers were only going to the contract for short period of time before he must move on.

We are very happy to be having Brendan as our new star to promote and use our gear. The choice to ffer a contract with him was made when he made a blistering 158 against New Zealand in a Ond Day game. He and and Australian Wicket Keeper Adam Gilchrist are so alike in teh batting. We are Proud to be sponsoring him throughout his career and hopes that he does well captaining his side to victory. -Says CEO of Puma

Yeah i'm Quite happy actually. I'd had a few maufacturers lined up wanting to sponsor me. I went with Puma because i felt they were offering more in the long run. The other Manufacturers were only offering me short contracts with them so i'd have to be signing contracts every couple of years, whereas Puma offered me that i could stay with them as long as i want.-Says Brendan in a media conference yesterday

canterburycricketku3.jpg

In other News World XI Strike bowler Usy Usman is out for three weeks due to a muscle tear in his calf. World XI have found a worthy replacement in Scion Sid and there will be a few other changes to the side. Feelin Blue? and Shantanu have both been dropped after their woeful batting performances, however, they will still tour with the side. they are to be replaced by iloveireland and Jamee Gray for the 1st ODI Match of the tour

And now to Sport where there has been an upset in the Australian camp their 72 run loss to India puts a complete halt to their world record 17 wins after equally Steve Waugh's Record of 16 match winning streak. The Indians came out on top after scoring 330 runs in the first inning s then bowling Australia out for less than 250. coming out on their Second innings India was all out for 294 before bowling Australia out for 340 with some resistance from Michael Clarke who scored 83 in the second innings and Mitchell Johnson scoring 50 Not Out before the tail crumbled.

Pakistan Made Short work of Zimbabwe after Losing the toss and being sent in to bat pakistan went on to score a massive 5/347 with Youins Kahn, Nasir Jamshed, Shoaib Malik, Misbah-ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf all scoring half centuries. In reply Zimbabwe finished their 50 overs 7/243, 104 runs short of Pakistan with Williams, Sibanda and chibhabha all scoring half centuries it wasnt enough to catch the Flying men in green.

New Zealand crushed Bangladesh in the 2nd test match. After wnning the toss and electing to field New Zealand destroyed the Bangladeshi batting attack allowing 143 in their 1st innings with no one scoring above 40. New Zealand came out in their usual fashion. But losing an early wicket was crucial for the bowling attack as New Zealand were 1/32 at tea Former captain Stephen fleming and Captain Daniel Vettori both looked like scoring centuries. but it wasn't to be as Bangladesh hit back with the Wicket of Oram for jsut 1. Bangadesh's second innings wasn't one they'll forget soon enough only managing 113 giving New Zealand an easy win by an innings and 137 runs.

to Domestic Cricket now and Tasmania are in a solid position in their pura cup match against Queensland. Tassy are 5/333 and Both Marsh and Bailey scoring hundreds. It was all bad news for Queensland, they started off with a flyer they got both openers out for 0.

South Australia were struggling against Victoria until a desperate hundred from Manou rescued the team. And Victoria are struggling in their reply to SA's 320 at 2/9 after 4 overs.

Thats all we have time for tune in next time for more on the World of Cricket. bye for now

Last edited:
dont forget the predicta contest
(a) tom baker
(b) Dominik Seccombe
(c) Brendan Gutteridge
(d) others

Ya, that was a poor display from opponents in that match! Fantastic stuff as always :clap Liked the pattern of bringing the news on other cricketing actions to viewers :)

dont forget the predicta contest
(a) tom baker
(b) Dominik Seccombe
(c) Brendan Gutteridge
(d) others

I will go with Option C :D

1st ODI Zimbabwe vs World XI at Harare

Hello everyone and welcome to Harare for the 1st ODI match of the tour. World XI takes on Zimbabwe in what one hopes to be a better display from Zimbabwe. It's sunny and hot doesn't look like any clouds are about. the pitch is quite dry variable bounce its tough to call whether to bat or bowl first but i'd probably sway in the direction of batting first. with me are the two captains Heath if you'll toss the coin. Brendan your call

Heads

Heads is the call and....... it's a tail Heath what'll you do

i think we'll have a bat first the pitch has variable bounce but they may benefit our bowlers later on. Anyway we'll risk it.

Any Changes to the side?

yea Blignaut comes in but you'll have to wait and see who's out

Alright thanks Heath, Brendan are you disappointed with the way that went.

Yea i am a little i wouldve liked to bat first here the pitch has changed alot since we last played a week ago. i wouldve liked to have posted a big total and let our bowlers do the talking later on but it's the other way round.

Any Changes to your side apart from the loss of Usman due to injury.

Umm yea unfortunately Feelin Blue and shantanu were dropped and Iloveireland and Jamee Gray enter the Starting XI it will be a good chance for them to show what they can do.

Ok Thanks Brendan. There you have it Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to bat first. Richie Benaud can't be with us today as he had to fly back to sydney due to some family issues. but after the break we'll have this match underway. the Question on Everybody's lips is can Zimbabwe do it? we'll find out shortly.

Great story. Tom really takes some superman catches behind the wickets ;). I love the innovative stuff you do in this story. Nice hawkeye's and KUTGW :)

sorry for the slight delay i cant seem to get my paint program to start up. ive been having problems for a few days so i havent been able to post update im attempting to fix now and at the rate it's going the earliest i'll be able to update is tomorrow night. thank you for your great comments and i apologise for the delay

The First 10 overs of this match seemed decent for both teams. Zimbabwe having won the toss lost a wicket in the first over D Ebrahim Gone 3rd ball of the over.

ebrahimkq4.png

Despite that rest of that over was poor from the bowler. a no ball, 3 wides and 4 byes came from the O Holden over and from there the Zimbabwe ship settled as they cruised to 35 for the loss of one at the end of the tenth over

Users who are viewing this thread