Sri Lanka in England/Netherlands

Drewska said:
Good base for scoring arohnd 600, especially if KP stays in. Sri Lankas weakness is the poor bowling attack, which is showing.

Ps: Hoggard has shaved his hair off :eek:

Yep only two of their bowlers have ever looked like taking a wicket. The usual suspects Murali and Vaas.

I didn't see Hoggards shaved hair was on the phone when he got out. Wonder if he will be more "streamlined" because of it :p

The key to this score is the partnerships.

4 of over 86 including this current one.

KP hundred, he's been as flamboyant as ever.

The first thing that caught my eye was Sky Sports`s coverage.
It has been superb.

No Bob Willis and Allot and that makes it even better.
Pity, the cricket has`nt been the most rivetting.
The new additions like 3rd man and 3 commentators in the comm. box are refreshing.
Hope that the cricket is better.

C`mon Lanka, hold out for a draw. English bowling in this game is not the best.
They`ll have Jaya back next game.

I think with the overcast conditions expected for the last few days Hoggard will have a big part to play. I would expect to see him and Flintoff in the wickets, whilst Mahmood and Plunkett have a bit more pace and bounce than any of the Sri Lankan bowlers so I would expect them to have enough to trouble and pick up the 20 wickets necessary for victory. Can't see Panesar playing a bit part, but he will be better than a part time bowler when it comes to providing the quicks with a break.

i think this game will go for a draw, simply on the basis that englands attack isn;t flash hot, and Sri Lanka will simply close up shop already. PLEASE GOD LET IT RAIN!

Well, Mubarak is out for a duck and Sri Lanka was on 0/1 after 2.1 overs.

Flintoff maybe could have played 5 overs more, before declaration, since he was in a hitting mood.

Thurak or whatever just got caned on the head by flintoff but made a good response by creaming him through the off side.

great start by Hoggard and Flintoff 12-1

aditya123 said:
The first thing that caught my eye was Sky Sports`s coverage.
It has been superb.

No Bob Willis and Allot and that makes it even better.
Pity, the cricket has`nt been the most rivetting.
The new additions like 3rd man and 3 commentators in the comm. box are refreshing.
Hope that the cricket is better.

C`mon Lanka, hold out for a draw. English bowling in this game is not the best.
They`ll have Jaya back next game.

Don't forget the greatness of Willow and Stumpy.

England in commanding position. Both openers gone.

I feel we need to hopefully get the option to follow on because Hoggy and Freddy can make use of the overcast conditions brilliantly

Mahmood gets two wickets in his latest two overs he bowled.

England 551/6d
Sri Lanka 81/4 (25.1 ov)

Sri Lanka are really in trouble.

91 for 6 and off for bad light. Would have thought that's the end of play and England still lead by 460 runs. Innings defeat anyone?

tsyrmas said:
i think this game will go for a draw, simply on the basis that englands attack isn;t flash hot, and Sri Lanka will simply close up shop already. PLEASE GOD LET IT RAIN!

Not flash hot. You heard it here first folks! ;)

Rain is scheduled, but it's baking and very sunny here, which is about 60 miles from Lords.

Saj offers alot as a bowler.

Speed, Swing, decpetive speed too as he only ambles to the crease.

puddleduck said:
91 for 6 and off for bad light. Would have thought that's the end of play and England still lead by 460 runs. Innings defeat anyone?

We might have to make it a innings defeat with the possible enclosing weather.

KP was great today too, and what timing on the declaration by Freddie.

Colly, our new Thorpe.

Couldn't have gone better, proved we can bat and bowl in one go!

I can see a follow on coming, if their 1st innings ends soon then even an innings victory could be on the cards

If rain doesn't interrupt the match much, this match will be surely won by England.

Sureshot said:
Saj offers alot as a bowler.

Speed, Swing, decpetive speed too as he only ambles to the crease.

Everything I've seen in the highlights reminds me of Simon Jones. When I saw him on Sky Sports News earlier I thought it was for a moment!

Users who are viewing this thread