Sri Lanka in New Zealand

It will probably be Astle because he replaced Fleming before the match, but i would still like to see Astle in the team

The first ODI was just odd. 2 no-name batsmen come and smash 50s and become heroes! Where is that article which cliamed New Zealand had no talent in reserves....

Great win for New Zealand!

I feel Sri Lanka lack the power to be a top international side! They rely heavily on only two bowlers when the going gets tough! And if either of the two is injured or has an off day, then thats it!

They are way behind and are now getting sorted out by teams! Only now are they facing good competition! Lets see how they get seperated from the other teams

saisrini80 said:
Great win for New Zealand!

I feel Sri Lanka lack the power to be a top international side! They rely heavily on only two bowlers when the going gets tough! And if either of the two is injured or has an off day, then thats it!

They are way behind and are now getting sorted out by teams! Only now are they facing good competition! Lets see how they get seperated from the other teams
SRL can never ever be a top international side because of their domestic cricket structure. :onpc

cricket doctor said:
SRL can never ever be a top international side because of their domestic cricket structure. :onpc
I certainly dont think it has got to do with their domestic cricket structure. They seem to relying heavily on the big guns like Jayasuria,Murali and Vaas. The new talent needs to realize that these players are getting over used and should take over responsibility. Hope they can muster up something till the WC in 2007.

Hariz said:
I certainly dont think it has got to do with their domestic cricket structure. They seem to relying heavily on the big guns like Jayasuria,Murali and Vaas. The new talent needs to realize that these players are getting over used and should take over responsibility. Hope they can muster up something till the WC in 2007.
Yeah,but do you think Jayasurya and Vaas will be as effective till wc2007 and they can find replacements for these players in 1 year time, just in case............ :onpc

Well they must be replaced at some time and by the looks of it they will have to play the WC for Srilanka to have any chance in it. I was just mentioning that this new Generation of cricketers in every country should realize that they have to take their team forward and similiar is the case with Srilanka. They have got talents like Dilshan,Fernando and Chandana. They must be groomed in a manner so that they can overtake from these big guns.

Hariz said:
They have got talents like Dilshan,Fernando and Chandana. They must be groomed in a manner so that they can overtake from these big guns.
These are very few in numbers mate. and Chandana I don't think he is a talent. :onpc

This is a great scene from the 1st ODI.

57269.jpg

A plane adds to the picturesque settings at Queenstown, New Zealand v Sri Lanka, 1st ODI, Queenstown, December 31, 2005

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/image/231197.html

And Queenstown doesn't have seats? Pretty cool to sit in the grass while watching an ODI. But in the winter it wouldn't be handy.

Last edited:
I thin kthere are seats. It is mostly embankment. Lucky cricket is a summer sport aye.

Fleming will join the team in Wellington, he wanted to spend more time with his new daughter so won't play tomorrow in Christchurch :(

For the 2nd ODI: New Zealand won the toss and elected to field first

I think New Zealand will win this again, since they are really good in runchases. Biggest surprised for me is that Jayasuriya isn't playing.

TV/webstream Coverage who carries what from this game

New Zealand: Sky Sport
Sri Lanka: ESPN

who carries Sri Lanka away games?

webstream: New Zealand blackout?

Users who are viewing this thread