West Indies in England

Start with Sidebottom to extract any swing that there is, and Harmison should start so that he can unsettle Chanderpaul and Ramdin early as this pitch is still lively.

ON second thoughts, a Sidebum - Monty opening would be lovely to see :p

any seam or swing would be in the morning so open with Sidey and new ball bounce for Harmy

then, bring on Plunkett. See how he goes. Then, Monty has to bowl for the rest of the day

I would actually consider bring Monty on first change before Plunkett, then bring Plunkett on afterwards. Simply because you want Monty to bowl as many overs as possible tomorrow and he could be a dangerous threat with the newish ball, it'll bounce and grip and that variable bounce will be very important.

To be honest, I can't see anyone getting Chanders out until he's way past 100, so we have to target Ramdin and the tail - although, having said that, I can't see this weak attack doing it - and, for a change, it would be nice to see the West Indies win - make it an exciting finale at Durham!

I went today and it was a nice day great early breakthrough but bravo and chanderpaul did very well but the amount of appeals monty had turned down was mentel. Anyway the 5 mins of mexicen waves was the best :D

i think the west indies have a serious chance at doing this

if ramdin sticks around till target is around 50-70 then chanders can do it on his own for sure

I thought credit to the West Indies for batting very well today and making England get them out. That said I still expect Monty to polish them off tomorrow. He's just getting too many balls to cause problems and was having one or two appeals an over towards the end.

Credit to the Windies today, hopefully they're learning that fight is vital at test level. I'm sure a coach mentioned somewhere that before you learn to win, you need to learn not to lose or something like that.

Anyways, think Monty will just have a bit too much for them and would should get the win by around 50 runs. A ton for Chanderpaul, 50 for Ramdin and the rest make up the other 50 or so.

Last edited:
I'm surprised West Indies arn't bowled out yet. Chanderpaul has had a great series. Unfortonate that not many others are contributing. Good knocks though from Morton (who is looking a good enough player), Smith, Bravo and Ramdin. Though maybe 1 could have gone on a little longer.

The amount of spin and that rough Monty was bowling into,.he must have been a bit dissapointing. Conditions don't get much better then that. I saw the first session and 1 ball rolled out of the rough. Bounched maybe 5 inches off the ground.

154 runs. Their tail is long though and favourable 4th innings bowling conditions. I hope it's close. Hell, I hope West Indies win to at least make the last game interesting.

I hope to see a good game tommorrow.
Chanderpaul looks good for a hundred.
If he, Ramdin and Sammy stay build partnerships then it could be close tommorrow.
Reminds me of Edgebaston 2005.

The amount of spin and that rough Monty was bowling into,.he must have been a bit dissapointing. Conditions don't get much better then that. I saw the first session and 1 ball rolled out of the rough. Bounched maybe 5 inches off the ground.

Big assumption. He was bowling quite well, not absolutely world class but he was bowling well. They played him fairly well and he didn't seem to get the roll of the dice.

Big day today, I can't decide on who will win we certainly will be biting our nails.

Harmison and Panesar to open.

Users who are viewing this thread