West Indies in England

Thank you Mr.Davie. That could have gone on for a long time. ;)

What are the odds on Vaughan losing his trousers while playing a pull shot?

Job done. This has been the most impressive of the three victories for me.

Job done. This has been the most impressive of the three victories for me.

Yes, most certainly. That ball from Panesar that bowled Chanderpaul was a corker.

Plenty of positives to take from this series, and not many negatives.

My two pence;

Andrew Strauss - 5/10 - Whenever he got a start he wasted it. Looked a shadow of his old self throughout the series. Marked improved due to a consistent level of fielding throughout.

Alastair Cook - 8/10 - Two well organized centuries at Lords and Old Trafford. Needs to convert them to bigger scores however. Took some good catches close to the bat as well

Michael Vaughan - 7/10 - His long awaited return was a good one on the whole. A gritty century at Headingley followed by three more scores of 40+ shows that he can still bat. Captaincy was as good as you'd expect from one of the best in the world.

Kevin Pietersen - 8/10 - A flamboyant innings at Lords followed by a class-filled double tonne at Headingley shows the class of the man. However, he still has a habit of letting his ego take over and getting out to some rash shots which let the team down. Fielded energetically.

Paul Collingwood - 7/10 - Two hundreds mixed together with some lower scores as well. Always in the game with his electric fielding and caught everything that came his way. Should have been bowled more.

Ian Bell - 7/10 - A century and a 97 were his two highest scores and they oozed class but as has often been he case with Ian Bell, if he doesn't pass 50 then it will often be a low score. Needs to sort that out. Fielding was electric and took some blinders when fielding close-in.

Matt Prior - 8/10 - Batted wonderfully against a less than spectacular attack. If he can reproduce the kind of form he showed in this series against better bowling attacks then England could have unearthed the new Gilchrist/Sangakkara. Keeping was faultless despite the odd fumble against Harmison and Plunkett.

Liam Plunkett - 4/10 - A harsh score but one has to say it's justified. Bowled poorly, fielded lazily and batting was poor despite a 40+ at Headingley. Has immense potential but took a step backward in this series.

Matthew Hoggard - 6/10 - Only 1 and a half Tests due to injury but didn't put a foot wrong in either of them. Most vital contribution of the series came on the 4th evening at Durham where his two quick wickets put West Indies on the backfoot, and his dismissal of Gayle the following morning further commended them to doom.

Steve Harmison - 6/10 - Awful in the first two Tests and the first innings at Old Trafford, but showed his true class after that. Bowled splendidly to help lead us to victory at Old Trafford and was a constant threat at his home ground. Also showed his worth with the bat with some handy lower order contributions.

Ryan Sidebottom - 8/10 - Bowled brilliantly on his second spell in the England team. Always troubled the West Indian batsmen and never put a foot wrong throughout the series. Also batted splendidly and was a surprisingly athletic fielder and safe pair of hands.

Monty Panesar - 9/10 - England's player of the series. Whenever England needed a wicket he provided it. Led us to victory at Old Trafford and Durham with some brilliant spin bowling. A real diamond for English cricket and will surely become a force to be reckoned with. Fielding was less than he is capable of and batting could still do with some improving though.

My star man: Monty Panesar.

Moment of the series: Harmison bowling out Fidel Edwards in the second innings at Chester le Street - Was the wicket that signalled the return of Steve Harmison.

Disapointment of the series: Liam Plunkett - We all know that he can do better and so does he.

just watched the highlights, that over to ramdinb to harmy was funny, ramdin didn't know what day it was..

3-0 good result, but West Indies are shockingly bad..

West Indies won't be a force until they:

- learn to knuckle down and bat.
- realise they can't go into test matches with ONLY 3 BOWLERS..especially 3 very mediocre ones.

lookign forward to test against india now

Bring on the ODI series. i'd say West Indies have a better chance at that, they seem to be better equiped to ODI's and England seem more a test side. Lets hope for a better series.

I'ts a shame West Indies lost that last match, they played alright considering their set backs. - Sammy, Chanderpaul, Sarwan (their captain), etc. Plus having a young side with Lara retiring. They did well considering.

Panesar man of series imo, i'm looking forward to seeing how we play him when England come here. Our pitches won't offer him so much. It'd be nice to think our Murili troubles have been worked on when it comes up.

To be fair, the pitches he has bowled on haven't been ripping sideways, apart from OT.

Windies will be able to take out finding another all rounder in Sammy to backup Bravo and Chanderpaul hitting a bit of form just before the ODI series. I hope the Windies go back to the Chanderpaul Gayle opening combo.

My mum met Runako Morton's parents today in Aldi in Ipswich! She heard them telling a man "We used to have Malcolm Marshall at our house - it was very sad when he died!" and "They lost, but they are a young team - they will get better"

True story...

My two pence;

Andrew Strauss - 5/10 - Whenever he got a start he wasted it. Looked a shadow of his old self throughout the series. Marked improved due to a consistent level of fielding throughout.

Alastair Cook - 8/10 - Two well organized centuries at Lords and Old Trafford. Needs to convert them to bigger scores however. Took some good catches close to the bat as well

Michael Vaughan - 7/10 - His long awaited return was a good one on the whole. A gritty century at Headingley followed by three more scores of 40+ shows that he can still bat. Captaincy was as good as you'd expect from one of the best in the world.

Kevin Pietersen - 8/10 - A flamboyant innings at Lords followed by a class-filled double tonne at Headingley shows the class of the man. However, he still has a habit of letting his ego take over and getting out to some rash shots which let the team down. Fielded energetically.

Paul Collingwood - 7/10 - Two hundreds mixed together with some lower scores as well. Always in the game with his electric fielding and caught everything that came his way. Should have been bowled more.

Ian Bell - 7/10 - A century and a 97 were his two highest scores and they oozed class but as has often been he case with Ian Bell, if he doesn't pass 50 then it will often be a low score. Needs to sort that out. Fielding was electric and took some blinders when fielding close-in.

Matt Prior - 8/10 - Batted wonderfully against a less than spectacular attack. If he can reproduce the kind of form he showed in this series against better bowling attacks then England could have unearthed the new Gilchrist/Sangakkara. Keeping was faultless despite the odd fumble against Harmison and Plunkett.

Liam Plunkett - 4/10 - A harsh score but one has to say it's justified. Bowled poorly, fielded lazily and batting was poor despite a 40+ at Headingley. Has immense potential but took a step backward in this series.

Matthew Hoggard - 6/10 - Only 1 and a half Tests due to injury but didn't put a foot wrong in either of them. Most vital contribution of the series came on the 4th evening at Durham where his two quick wickets put West Indies on the backfoot, and his dismissal of Gayle the following morning further commended them to doom.

Steve Harmison - 6/10 - Awful in the first two Tests and the first innings at Old Trafford, but showed his true class after that. Bowled splendidly to help lead us to victory at Old Trafford and was a constant threat at his home ground. Also showed his worth with the bat with some handy lower order contributions.

Ryan Sidebottom - 8/10 - Bowled brilliantly on his second spell in the England team. Always troubled the West Indian batsmen and never put a foot wrong throughout the series. Also batted splendidly and was a surprisingly athletic fielder and safe pair of hands.

Monty Panesar - 9/10 - England's player of the series. Whenever England needed a wicket he provided it. Led us to victory at Old Trafford and Durham with some brilliant spin bowling. A real diamond for English cricket and will surely become a force to be reckoned with. Fielding was less than he is capable of and batting could still do with some improving though.

My star man: Monty Panesar.

Moment of the series: Harmison bowling out Fidel Edwards in the second innings at Chester le Street - Was the wicket that signalled the return of Steve Harmison.

Disapointment of the series: Liam Plunkett - We all know that he can do better and so does he.

Notch Colly and Hoggard up one and I'd agree with you.

To be fair, the pitches he has bowled on haven't been ripping sideways, apart from OT.

He got enough on all the pitches, but mainly it was the bounce. Thats defiantly been his main asset. Good one to have as well.

He seems to find bounce if there's some in any pitch. A very useful weapon, like Kumble in some ways.

England Lions are playing today (that's the A Team to you and I). I think Solanki could be closer to a call than we think. He's had two centuries in OD this year.

Users who are viewing this thread