West Indies in England

Oh no not Solanki again. Has that boat not sailed yet?

Mind you, he has done a decent job as opener for us in the past.

He's a good player, gets hundreds which is most important. However Jonathan Trott must get in the squad - he averages 40 in OD cricket and has a few centuries to his name.

Also Pietersen has ruled himself out of the captaincy, which is a good thing. Don't get me wrong I think he'd be a fantastic, innovative captain but with dual-captaincy it would not work. We need a captain more submissive to Vaughan so that Vaughan is not usurped. Also with the batting in One dayers currently pivoting around Pietersen we can't risk him losing form.

Yeah. Solanki's chances have been and gone, if we are really trying to build to 2011 then bringing him in would have point.
Either get Cook in opening or Give Matty Prior the chance to get us off to flyer, stick with him for a few ODI series, whether he succeeds or fails, he deserves a prolonged chance at the top in ODI's.

Blah!England have understood The West indian's Strategy Very Well.

Leg-side Bouncers,O.Offstump Out swingers,full length out swingers,leg-side as well as off side,good length deliveries on the leg-side for the left and right handers....totally i feel sorry for collymore,inspite of being one of the W.I's Great Bowler For a period lost pace,accuracy(12 5Wides in the test Series.)

Totally,one way to See W.I winning is ODI's.Let's see,but,still it's all favouring the Barmy Army's Greatest Warriors.:)

Without any accuracy I can see us rolling the Windies in the ODI's. Extra's could be our new best friend.

Blah!England have understood The West indian's Strategy Very Well.

Leg-side Bouncers,O.Offstump Out swingers,full length out swingers,leg-side as well as off side,good length deliveries on the leg-side for the left and right handers....totally i feel sorry for collymore,inspite of being one of the W.I's Great Bowler For a period lost pace,accuracy(12 5Wides in the test Series.)

Totally,one way to See W.I winning is ODI's.Let's see,but,still it's all favouring the Barmy Army's Greatest Warriors.:)

What on earth is this supposed to mean?

I can see us winning this ODI series, albeit narrowly. The playerrs will be keen to prove this is a new 'era' of one-day cricket under Collingwood(well he's going to be captain isn't he) and Moores. Also in our last two one day matches against the Windies we have chased 300 to beat them. (Champions trophy and World Cup)

The Lions game is being disrupted by rain.

and....

KP has effectively told the press that Colly will get the job.

Prior
Cook (I'd be tempted to give Benning a go actually)
Trott
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bell
Mascharenas (sp?)
Blackwell/Loudon (Not sure on Blackwell's fitness and Loudon needs another chance)
Broad
Sidebottom
Anderson

I think Sidebottom and Anderson opening the bowling would be a good partnership in ODIs. At one end Anderson's pace and nip could bag a few early wickets whereas Sidebottom could play the Bracken role and keep the other end free of runs.

I think Blackwell was a fantastic bowler for us in Pakistan 2 years ago and should really be used again. Failing that, Loudon deserves another shot. I don't think that Panesar's game suits ODI cricket.

Mascherenas might be a controversial inclusion to some of you, but he's a great all-round cricketer in a similar fashion to Bopara who is injured. He'll get you runs, he'll get you wickets and he's an electric fielder.

Come on Stu, might be able to earna spot in the side if you perform well today. Doubt there will be enough overs to though now, go Nicco too. We should win this with Nixon and Broad being 20/20 gods :p

I agree with Mascheranhas or Loudon as the all-rounder seeing as Bopara isn't going to be fit.
Trott probably does deserve ago, but personally I'd have Benning in the squad as well as Cook and Prior. Just because it gives you another option. I'd also like to see Jefferson there, he's good enough, he just hasn't played a lot of cricket this year unfortunatly.
Still very undecided on what my First eleven would be.

Prior
Cook (I'd be tempted to give Benning a go actually)
Trott
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bell
Mascharenas (sp?)
Blackwell/Loudon (Not sure on Blackwell's fitness and Loudon needs another chance)
Broad
Sidebottom
Anderson

If Fletch was coach we now that you should be put down with that team. I think it's quite good, you've got 3 aggressive players and 3 workers in the top 6. (Prior, KP, Trott being the agressors and Colly, Cook and Bell being the workers). I like the inclusion of Mascarenhas and Blackwell. Broad? Sorry not for me. Not sure who I'd go with though!

Yeah if i'm honest, I only picked Broad because I ran out of options. I don't think Onions is quite ready yet.

And Broad is definatly more of a candidate for 2011 than Onions. It's better we bring on Broad now, readying him for the next World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread