Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Very well done India.... Awesome victory! Well whatever Dhoni touches, turns to gold!!! And he is captaining superbly too....

GOOD BYE DADA!!!! WE WILL MISS YOU FOR SURE!!! Have a wonderful life. You deserve it for the entertainment you have given us throughout.

Nice series... Next time when these two teams meet, the indian team will look entirely different and maybe the Australian one too. Hope the new set will carry the rivalry forward. This series officially marks the end of the glorious era of one set of champion players.

karnog

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well if the rivalry continues for the next 20 years and with the same level of cricket played (while the English slowly crumble to the the level fo Bangladesh) then yes BG will become bigger than the Ashes. England have to become a real joke for it to happen. Nah the BG wont be bigger than the Ashes.

Congrats India. Played really well. I hope they continue the intensity against England.

Few positives for Australia with Krejza, Watson and Katich performing pretty well. Hussey had a good series too.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
As our great friend Richie would say:
A marvellous effort by India. They definitely deserved to win. Imagine if they start holding their catches...

I hope as an Australian that we take this defeat properly and not trot out the excuses: The Ponting overrate scandal/No Symonds/No McGain/Losing the tosses/Pitches made for spin blah blah blah. Apart from the first 2 or 3 days of the series, we were outplayed til the end. Sure there was an odd spark here and there from us, but we were always pushing uphill.

Good ya India, enjoy it while you can :D

shalin_hitter

Club Cricketer
I agree with you Pranav!This is India's best win ever.I feel this was India's best series in the past 10 years.BUt I feel sad for Ganguly.I dont want him to bid adieu.He was a very nice player

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Apart from the first 2 or 3 days of the series, we were outplayed til the end. Sure there was an odd spark here and there from us, but we were always pushing uphill.
It wasn't consistent outplaying, as the two draws show. However, if you only outplay a team on every other day, you can't really expect too many positive results. So it's no surprise that the key to the series was India being on top of every day at Mohali. Australia brought very little game to that match and the consequences were dire. If the series was still open to be lost by either side at the 4th match, imagine what might have been.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Congratulations to India for winning the match and series.

Ganguly has retired in a fitting end. And his place in the team will probably be taken by Yuvraj Singh.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Congratulations India on a wonderful series and win. They deserved it and we have to hand over the trophy. Looking forward to our future encounters. Next is Steyn.... next is Steyn

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Badrinath should be the man that gets in, but I imagine it'll be Murali Vijay considering he took his chance pretty well. I'd say that Badrinath should be the next guy in the hot seat, he's got a tremendous FC record, and I'm amazed he's not been given a chance in the side as of yet. Get him in, he's like an Indian version of Dave Hussey or Owais Shah.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Its a superb win by India. We can see some huge chinks in the once formidable aussie armour. Also we should realize that India have because for the first time in their history they have a balanced Attack. They have bowler like sharman who can ball quick and reverse swinger like Zaheer and two good spinner to back them up. I really hope Aussies can get up form this defeat. We do need a great Aussie team for sake of cricket. I also hoped series could be more competitive. Anyways great victory to India. Its a huge achievement but they should know its not the end of world. They will achieve greatness when they beat aussies in their own backyard.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Congratulations to India for winning the match and series.

Ganguly has retired in a fitting end. And his place in the team will probably be taken by Yuvraj Singh.

It will be Rohit Sharma imo

Users who are viewing this thread