Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Good day of test cricket. We are leading by 260 so hopefully we can bat for 10 overs and get a lead of about 300. Haddin, Watson and White can all smash the ball around the park so it could be even more. A win is highly unlikely but if our bowlers have a good day its really not out of the equation. Batting on a day 5 pitch is hard work eg. Sydney 07 , Adelaide 06

Very happy with Watson so far. I've never been a big Watson fan but he did the job with the bat and the ball. If he can keep this up Symonds will have to work hard to get his spot back. Cmon Aussies!!!!!

Ps - Great work from Kumble and the Indians to waste time , I wonder if its still playing in the spirit of the game.

Watson is more valueable than Symonds cos Watson is genuine bowler and Symond is part timer.

Thank god day ended the Indian fielding was getting poor and poor.

Couple of times they had no one at the stumps to take the throw , thats just unacceptable at this level. Its amazing how much more professional Aussies are compared to Indians.

I think India are scared of Australia.

I can already sense some sort of fear from the Indian fans on this forum towards the Australian posters and there is no doubt that the Australian supporters have a distinct superiority over the Indian posters; me especially.

Some horrible over appealing from India, if that was Australia people would already be pulling the arrogance card out of their arses.

Zaheer Kahn needs to be reminded he would battle to make the Australia A squad, and he is very lucky to be in the Indian team in front of plenty others. I look forward to his performances on a less generous pace bowling wicket. His send off's and appealing all the way to the slip cordon are cringe worthy.

The thing that really annoyed me, was the way Harbajhan was running down the wicket when ponting got no bat on it. Swap the teams and Peter Roebuck would be so far up on his soap box the police would be kindly asking him not to jump.

Don't even get me started on Sehwag and Tendulkar not walking from their edges.

I know I'm whinging but the Indians do this every series, call us arrogant and undeserving champions then act the exact way they accuse us of doing.

On a more positive note, looks like it will be a great last day, gonna come home from uni early just so I can watch it from the start.

Also, Sharma = Gun! I love his bowling action so much, I could watch it all day.

rickyp added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Because Watson averages close to 50 in first-class cricket?

He is an absolute gun.

I've never understood the Watson hate, he has more than proved himself at one day level in recent matches, yet people are in hysterics over his selection. He has one of the most sound batting actions in Australia.

Some horrible over appealing from India, if that was Australia people would already be pulling the arrogance card out of their arses.

I'm not sure. I think people are stretching the whiny nature of Indian fans a bit too much.

Zaheer Kahn needs to be reminded he would battle to make the Australia A squad, and he is very lucky to be in the Indian team in front of plenty others. I look forward to his performances on a less generous pace bowling wicket. His send off's and appealing all the way to the slip cordon are cringe worthy.

For you perhaps but I barely notice any sort of issue with his appealing. He had several very close LBW shouts turned down and yes I am aware about Hayden's dismissal. Zaheer is no superstar on a non generous pace bowling wicket, but has improved in finding little juice in the wicket where there is some and has added a great deal of swing in unhelpful conditions to his armoury. Zaheer Khan would probably get in the Australian team over Mithcell Johnson, me would thinks, but that is moot, naturally.

The thing that really annoyed me, was the way Harbajhan was running down the wicket when ponting got no bat on it.

It was a loud, energetic appeal. India had a sniff (hate that word, don't ask me why) and wanted to get back in the game. It clearly could have looked out to the fielders as you cannot say that the appeal was some sort of 'plan' or that it was orchestrated as it was highly spontaneous.

Don't even get me started on Sehwag and Tendulkar not walking from their edges.

Since when did everyone have to walk.

Also, Sharma = Gun! I love his bowling action so much, I could watch it all day.

Yes, that hip drive is a thing of beauty.

manee added 0 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

I think India are scared of Australia.

I can already sense some sort of fear from the Indian fans on this forum towards the Australian posters and there is no doubt that the Australian supporters have a distinct superiority over the Indian posters; me especially.

Genuinely funny...good stuff.

manee added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Couple of times they had no one at the stumps to take the throw , thats just unacceptable at this level. Its amazing how much more professional Aussies are compared to Indians.

I sense a hint of arrogance, but no matter. Indeed, the Aussies have professionalism, especially in their fielding, on a plateau higher than the rest of the world. Our head of cricket at school never stops going on about the 'Australians' and it is justified (even though the guy is a twat) because they truly are a well-oiled machine, if I may use a metaphor (heck, a metaphor isn't even needed in the case of Clark).

top performance from kahn today, but credit goes to the partnership between watson and haddin, who have put australia in control of this test match. India had a chance today but sadly that is gone. I am thinking that this test could be similar to the sydney test, hope am wrong.

Kumble's bowling has been toothless. He has to make some changes before the second test. We can't afford to have him bowl 50 or 60 overs in a match and not take a wicket. He should have been more aggressive towards the end of the day, both with his bowling and with his decision making. We took our heels from their throats in that session. You can't let any team go from 128/5 to 193 without losing a wicket, especially in this situation. But, the fact that our tail-enders managed to accumulate close to 130 runs after being down 232/7 does lessen the anger.

Match is heading for a draw,just one day remaining,they would like to face another 20-25 overs,and then possibly they will go for kill,lets se,,but one thing for sure,Aus didnt loose psycological adv here,India lost opportunity in 1st test of home adv,more the Aus players stay here,more they will gel with the pitches and conditions,1st match India should have attacked more and put pressure by getting wickets/follow-on,but that didnt happen.

you have to give credit aswell to australia, however we have made them fight for there runs

Users who are viewing this thread