Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Yeah, I would have gotten another run to make it 300, but good time to declare, was just about to say now's about right.

Yeah, I would have gotten another run to make it 300, but good time to declare, was just about to say now's about right.
I suppose it works two ways. With it being less than 300 but essentially so, the Indians may play more positively leading to easier wickets.

There is the declaration. A little surprised they didn't go for the mental 300 level. We need 299 from 83 overs, which is a little more than 3.5 an over.

Thats a very good one from Ricky Ponting. Psychologically 299 looks lesser than 300 and gives you a different feeling. And as I said, he declared at the right time.

But if India get off to a good start, it will be very interesting to see what approach they take for the rest of the game. Right now an Indian win should be priced at 5% with a draw being 35 and Aussie win being 60, but if Sehwag succeeds, the stakes for an Indian win will rapidly raise.

And there it is, 299 for victory, 85 overs to play. I wonder how the psychology of 299 plays out. They say 300 presents a certain mental significance, but would India really be so much more impetuous chasing 299?

And there it is, 299 for victory, 85 overs to play. I wonder how the psychology of 299 plays out. They say 300 presents a certain mental significance, but would India really be so much more impetuous chasing 299?
It matters not to The Monk. He would have the same gameplan even if we were chasing 399. :) Let's just hope he lasts...

India are already on draw mode (with Dhoni saying from behind "There is no hurry to bowl out the overs quickly")

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

It matters not to The Monk. He would have the same gameplan even if we were chasing 399. :) Let's just hope he lasts...

And u're saying that to an Aussie fan.;)

the indian dressing room is too experienced to be affected by
minor things like 299 or 300..!!

but i really hope they pace the innings properly....!! not too aggressive
for having a crack at winning nor too slow to lose 5-6 wickets within 50-60
runs !!

the latter seems very much possible IMHO !!

I think India are scared of Australia.

I can already sense some sort of fear from the Indian fans on this forum towards the Australian posters and there is no doubt that the Australian supporters have a distinct superiority over the Indian posters; me especially.
Caught 6 Indian suckers - Good job.

To see us wrap up 10 Indian wickets before tea would be the iceing on the cake.

Clark better be feeling a lot better now or I'm not 100% sure about this.
If he has recovered and able to bowl 100%, great get him out there, but if he's not, I think one of the other two should take the new ball. I mean we should commit either way, not try him for a few overs and then have a problem to solve. In particular, I'd also be interested to see what Watson can do, considering the in-swing he has generated so far.

Users who are viewing this thread