Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Not only is Matthew Hayden easily the greatest Opening Batsman that I have ever seen but he is right up there with one of the great slip fielders aswell.

Sad that Sachin couldnt get that ton, but it was a great innings to watch... Later he opened up to play quite a few breathtaking shots and its an innings that will be remembered for the records

Good one to send in Ishant Sharma as the nightwatchman (even if he falls next ball after I say it). India have a chance here to post 400+. They should look for 450+ for sure because there is absolutely nothing in this pitch. Only such a score will put pressure on Australian batsman.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

MASTERPIECE FROM THE MASTER HIMSELF !!!! :happy:clap:clap:cheers:hpraise

a bit of a shame though....12 more runs and he would have had
a century as well !! :noway

good to see ganguly getting a 50 and crossing the 7,000 mark ! :)
played a very sensible innings and it was a treat watching the
greatest indian ODI openers battling it out and shifting the momentum :happy

Yes, it was fantastic watching the magical pair back together again attaining all those records.... Ganguly has batted so well (though he was lucky not to be given out for a stumping) and he should continue from hereon. No batsman has made a hundred here, and hope Ganguly breaks that.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

A good inning came to an end. I can now see India bowled out under 350.

Oh come on wait! we still have dhoni, harbhajan and zaheer khan. if they could score on a bangalore wicket, they have higher chances of scoring runs on this wicket which is more true and flat. And Amit Mishra can bat too.

As I say, Ishant survives Day 1 with Ganguly! If he can stay in there with Ganguly for a 50 odd partnership, just wonder how frustrating it will be for Australia (Ishant is capable of that).

Geez, you'd think he was Buddy Franklin kicking a behind going by your reaction.
That makes no sense? Why would I celebrate Buddy kicking a behind?

I had a strange feeling Tendulkar would be Siddle's first wicket.
Although Siddle has bowled well and truly below his very high standards.
I wouldn't be surpised if he ended up picking up a 3fer or a 4fer by the end of this innings.

Good day's play. Australia will be very pleased that they were able to fight back on a pitch with true bounce and not much movement. India will rue missed opportunities, but who doesn't? They are comfortably poised to make a very good score, the only 'but' is if they collapse tomorrow morning and fail to make 400.

It was too bad the ground wasn't full to see Sachin go past Lara.

Anyway, I'm happy with Australia's day.

Working day, with the country still in IPL mode where tests are a yawn.... The TV revenues are doing very well, it seems (Source: Cricinfo)

Good day's play. Australia will be very pleased that they were able to fight back on a pitch with true bounce and not much movement. India will rue missed opportunities, but who doesn't? They are comfortably poised to make a very good score, the only 'but' is if they collapse tomorrow morning and fail to make 400.

I agree with that. But Sehwag, Dravid and Laxman also gifted their wickets. Sehwag and Laxman looked bad nicking those shots, and Dravid got too positive and played an ordinary ball onto his stumps. But still, Australia did well to get 5 wickets. Day 2 should be very interesting!

I want to see the world's best human being, Matthew Hayden, fail again for thhe 3rd consecutive time.:p

I agree with that. But Sehwag, Dravid and Laxman also gifted their wickets. Sehwag and Laxman looked bad nicking those shots, and Dravid got too positive and played an ordinary ball onto his stumps. But still, Australia did well to get 5 wickets. Day 2 should be very interesting!

I want to see the world's best human being, Matthew Hayden, fail again for thhe 3rd consecutive time.:p

All depends on those umpires :mad: first test, both dismiisal was absolutely rubbish.

5/310 I think both sides will be pretty happy with that. India slightly ahead because they have the runs on the board but great effort from the Aussies as well after first session. Siddle got Tendulkar :D Victorians own Tendulkar , first White and now Siddle. Wait for Dave Hussey to get him out next match .lol

Well done to Sachin!! Great achievement , he deserve every record he gets. What a champion...

If we can get Ganguly out early tomorrow things will be interesting. Anything less than 450 is below par on this pitch IMO.

ps - 2 issues for me in todays play. Why didn't they refer Ganguly's stumping to 3rd umpire ? if he was given out things couldve been totally different. But I guess its just part of the game huh. Other thing is the nature of these Indian pitches , they need to put something in it for the bowlers. I really dont think we gonna get an even contest between bat and ball.

Last edited:
I have noticed that the biggest drop of standard in world cricket has been the drop of standard in umpiring,though there are some good umpires out there.

I have noticed that the biggest drop of standard in world cricket has been the drop of standard in umpiring,though there are some good umpires out there.

Good Umpires ????? Very few

1. Simon Taufnel
2. Aleem Dar (bit)

Users who are viewing this thread