Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Lol not plumb Ben, very tight though. Hawk eye says it would have clipped off stump.
Kato is going pretty dam well, he should put more work into his bowling to improve his accuracy. Will be very handy if he can land them where he wants.

And Watson is a better batsman then anyone in the English Cricket Team barring Cook or Pietersen and his probably on par with Ian Bell.

Not sure about that at all. He has played eight Test innings and has an average of 25.50 to show for it. He'll need to 'do it' in Test cricket to make such an assertion. You may note he has scored runs in the Aussie domestic circuit which you rate (and perhaps rightfully so) as the best in the world, but you must admit that it is not quite Test cricket, especially that of an in-form England, in-form Pakistan, in-form New Zealand, India or Sri Lanka,

Lol not plumb Ben, very tight though. Hawk eye says it would have clipped off stump.
Kato is going pretty dam well, he should put more work into his bowling to improve his accuracy. Will be very handy if he can land them where he wants.
Same exact pitching and ball hitting stump shown on hawkeye like Hayden's dismissal in the 2nd innings of the 2nd Test against Harbhajan.

Looked plumb in live, not so much on replay.

1 more till Gambhir reaches his highest ever Test score...:happy

Really happy with this, I went to have a shower just after teh Tendulkar wicket and thought we would be something like 230-5 after I came back down. I was quite surprised when I saw the score, I expeced Laxman to get out TBH...But even he's looking in fine touch now.

Well played Sachin and espscially Gambhir, Great thing is that we still have Dada and Dhoni to bring some fireworks into this innings. If we don't get anywhere near 500, I will br dissapointed...:help

And that shot from Gambhir was spectacular to bring up his 2nd consecutive Ton on the Series...He is really making a mark for himself in the team, And is probably out best batsmen in Tests this year.

Why hasn't Katich bowled all series with that turn? And why on earth are we playing White when we have Katich that can turn it. Just shows what proper spinners can do on a turning wicket and this only the 1st day.

Hmmm Pup struggling with his back now, our selectors and Ponting have totally stuffed up.

I have been telling this from 1st test match :mad Bring Katman to bowl

Simon Katich is far better than Cameron White. Why can't we have him as our full time bowler?

He turns it more, and is far more accurate.

The Indian spinners are going to have a field day on this wicket. 2 overs ago Katich bowled a ball that absolutely took off and then another ball in the same spot didn't do as much. Should have played Krejza, Katich is showing what turn can do.

Australia really must start thinking about restricting India under 450 runs. With the prospect of facing Kumble and Mishra in the upcoming days it isn't a great thing to look forward to.

And they really need a good spinner in their team. So far White hasn't proved anything in his two Test matches.

3 Slips for Katto! Man Ponting sure has some faith in him against Laxman!

That was a great day for the Indians Gambhir was exceptional with Bat..

VVS Is really very special :clap

we should end up with getting 470 -500+ that's enough for the Aussies and the rest is with Zak & Ishi :D

:rtfl

Anyhow, Gambhir was just sublime today, as were Sachin and VVS. Hopefully, we can get to around 450 atleast tomorrow and really turn the heat on the Aussies.

Also, I know that Gambhir was a bit of a tool for sticking his elbow out to Watson as he ran past him, but Katich was an even bigger tool stopping him from running past, it's as if he was playing Rugby or something, when Gambhir tried to go round him, Katich moved to block him. It was rather pathetic from both of them, but even more so from Katich.

Hmmm this is turning into an Ashes debate.:p

As for the Gambhir elbow controversy or w/e I've been hearing about, what exactly happened? I missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread