Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Keep in mind that the best leg-spinner of the world was largely useless in India against India. Since Warne is >> McGain, I'd expect maybe 2-3 wickets maximum from McGain. However, he'd probably have kept the runs down a lot more.

Good point you make. Still I wonder what he could have done in the 2nd test after the success Mishra had. He certainly would have been a lot more threatening. Would have been a handful on this wicket as well.

Keep in mind that the best leg-spinner of the world was largely useless in India against India. Since Warne is >> McGain, I'd expect maybe 2-3 wickets maximum from McGain. However, he'd probably have kept the runs down a lot more.
Amit Mishra had success in the 2nd Test, I see no reason why McGain wouldn't have either had he played.

Amit Mishra had success in the 2nd Test, I see no reason why McGain wouldn't have either had he played.
Two reasons. The first is that the Indians are far better players of spin in India than the Australians. And the second is that Amit Mishra is probably a far better spin bowler than McGain.

SUperb Double century by Gambhir:clap.. Excellent innings mixed with both caution and aggresion. Sure signs of him maturing as a test mtch player.

Great double 100 by Gambhir hes really stepped up his game in Test cricket of late.

Earth to Ponting...Katich?

Watson gets Gambhir. Tired shot from Gautam. He gets a well deserved standing ovation.

Oh finally a wicket.

Poor Ganguly came in on a no win situation and now we got a double break. Katich grabs his first of the series hmmm.

I've put it on mute. Can't take anymore of Gavaskar.

Congratulations to Gambhir by the way.

I have increased the volume on mine...:p He is speaking a point. White players get away many times even though they provoke or they do the same crimes, but the subcontinent players cope more for the smallest of errors.

The wickets are coming too late, I feel for the Aussies. Anyways, awesome double ton from Gambhir. Unlucky for Ganguly, but still we have a big enough score on hand. Hope Dhoni, Laxman and the rest play out this session and bat a few overs in the 3rd session.

Australia and india, Best friends forever. :happy..

?

Congrats to Watson hes bowled well this session by keeping a good line and length. Was taken to a bit early in the over but came back well. I really hope the selectors look at how Watson and Clark have bowled to see what they need. For mind Johnson has to go, even though he got Tendulkar with a good ball hes just too wayward and for test match cricket you just can't have that wayward bowler releasing the pressure. It's not like Johnson is getting 5 wickets an inns to make up for his runs he leaks like say Tait might do. Also great to see Ponting keeping the faith in Katich even after he took a hammering, this partnership between Katich and Watson is looking good.

Users who are viewing this thread