Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Two reasons. The first is that the Indians are far better players of spin in India than the Australians. And the second is that Amit Mishra is probably a far better spin bowler than McGain.
I wouldn't say Mishra is a far better bowler then McGain, let alone a better bowler then him at all.

Mishra hasn't even bowled a bowl to Hayden or Ponting yet and Hussey looked fairly comfortable against him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Congrats to Laxman, good thing India probably will declare soon as he looks like he could beat his HS against us.

Julian makes a good point, the selectors thought Casson wasn't going to be a threat over here and maybe he wouldn't have but the way Katich is going he certainly could have been useful.

Highlander999

ICC President
White players get away many times even though they provoke or they do the same crimes, but the subcontinent players cope more for the smallest of errors.

Oh pur..lease!!!! That is just so untrue. Look at the Pakistan team. It's a good year if only 2 of their players have been related to some sort of drug issue, or some sort of fight within the dressing room. Then look at India. You had the Harbhajan-Sreesanth incident. When was the last time you had members of the same team assaulting each other, who were "white"? Oh yeah, then you had Harbhajan calling Symonds a monkey as well :rolleyes:

Everyone gets treated fairly, it's just the case of bias Indians throwing their toys out the pram, because members of their team have been out of order. First port of call is the racist card :rolleyes:

Last edited:

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Billy Bowden = the best and most entertaining umpire in the world.

I think ICC should make him umpire in more matches, he's very fair and accurate.

irottev

School Cricketer
It's hard to tell from replay. May have been bat. I think Bowden was fully judtified for giving the batsman the benefit of the doubt. It took until the second replay for me to see that it may have shaved the bat first.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Billy Bowden = the best and most entertaining umpire in the world.

I think ICC should make him umpire in more matches, he's very fair and accurate.
What are you on about? Kumble just nicked one and here you are saying he's very fair and accurate. :confused:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Geez Billy we need all the help we can get not less. Show us some mercy!

And India please declare, I'm getting bored of seeing us smashed all over the park.

irottev

School Cricketer
Well, i've always said, we need more technology to be used. In games with flat pitches even more so. Every decision matters. It's not possible for umpires to be accurate with every bat-pad decision, those fine touches are difficult and I think with snicko and hot spot technology they should be able to be referred as they can be 100% confirmed.

Caught behinds are rarely incorrect. LBW's should be what the umpires are there to judge.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Did that challenge system get underway in the ODI series for NZ v Bangladesh? I reckon we could use that for Test cricket. In doing that we need more harsher penalties on slow over rates, I noticed we only got 27 in that last session and we bowled the spinners quite a bit.

irottev

School Cricketer
Did that challenge system get underway in the ODI series for NZ v Bangladesh? I reckon we could use that for Test cricket. In doing that we need more harsher penalties on slow over rates, I noticed we only got 27 in that last session and we bowled the spinners quite a bit.

It's being used in the NZ vs West Indies test series I think. A few series before that I think use it also probably the Bangladesh SA tests. it wasn't used in our ODIs.

That was hardly a shocker, I think you guys are being a bit harsh. Benefit to the batsman is the rules.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Australia have lost chances of winning this match now. All they can do is to draw this match and come hard in the next match. If Australia win this match it will make history as India have won the last 7 matches in this ground and I dont think that will happen with this Aussie line up and if they will be looking for results then India are definitely the favorites to win it from here.

Its either India win the Border Gavaskar trophy or Australia defend it by leveling the series.

Users who are viewing this thread