Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Yes, but taking wickets doesn't make him a better bowler. He's woeful. Completely lacks accuracy, he may have good pace but he can't control it, tends to bowl too short, doesn't swing the ball enough because of his length, doesn't bowl to the captains plans, and just ends up getting flukey wickets. He's going at 3.56 an over, has a far worse average than both Sharma and Khan, and has bowled far more overs. If Sharma had bowled 117 overs he'd have taken far more than 11 wickets. I just don't rate Johnson what so ever, hence why the claims yesterday about him being better than Harmison I just found ludicrous.

Harmison is useless away from England (maybe due to homesickness)...... nah actually he is useless anywhere.

3 long days to go in the test match for us , hopefully Haydos can get a big one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hayden looking quite comfortable with Zaheer but who knows Zak's Reverse swing will get him out ;)

Indian played really well especially Gambhir Sachin & VVS .Kumble's & Dhoni were played aggressive

I have to say Australia is Under pressure.. only a hour to go for the Stumps ..

Bring Mishra :cheesy

something that pops in my mind seeing the total of 613* that it's gonna be 2-0 or 1-0 :D

Thinking back, I think he's trying to jinx Hayden into making a ton.

Course he is :) No way Ben thinks anything but confidence especially Hayden.
As I speak hes off the mark.

Just hit me how long it's been since I saw those umbrella fields that Waugh use to set. Oh how I miss those days. Reason I bring it up though is why Kumble isn't using it with 600+ on the board. Early wickets are vital on this type of wickets although less vital for India that have 2 proper spinners but still vital.

No Asad Rauf should help Hayden out. I don't think Rauf wanted Hayden to get many runs.

Only 2 slips to Shama? Dhoni would have 3. Under-attacking by Kumble. He has to bowl Australia out twice :/

I don't understand this field.

613 to get and only 2 slips...

Sometimes Kumble makes me really wonder..

Damn 10 overs left in the day still. SO EVen today, we will need the extra 30 mins to finish the quota. This is appaling stuff. On day 1 of the mohali test even with an extra 30 mins, aus were only able to bowl 85 overs and even yesterday with an extra 30 mins, they bowled 89 overs. But as usual, they won't get fined!

Wow! VVS Laxman and Gambhir! Simply Breattaking!!!!

Ishant and Zak have started well...

Users who are viewing this thread