Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Katich with ball in hand thinks he is Glen McGrath.

Dont expect Mohali miracles here. Aussies wont jump into same pit twice.

But they could still fall into a less deeper pit, thereby losing the match:)

saisrini80 added 3 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

I guess...Kumble and Mishra looked somehwat gangerous on he is pitch, I.e, The ball which Mishra pitched well outside off stump and managed to hit Katich on the pads, Thus enforcing an LBW appeal from the Indians...

613 probably means India might not bat again. Australia are just 50 runs now. One wicket (probably from Kumble) could boost our confidence and chances. I hear that the ball jumped and had the bite when Kumble bowled. If both spinners can keep it up tomorrow, I have no reason to believe why we cant force the issue. Lets see....

I wish they bowl Sehwag more tomorrow.... Maybe even Sachin. Plz bowl Sachin! He can turn the ball well, and would be useful too

Fab 200 from Laxman! TAKE A BOW! Whenever his spot is being scrutinised, he comes up with a special innings. Maybe we should always question his spot to keep him batting this way

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Back to back 4's. Shove that in your pipe Zaheer.

Go on Aussies (First time for everything :p)

A few four's doesnt undo the damage already caused....:p

I hope tomorrow we get 10 magic balls in 2 sessions.

two back to back fours aint alot. what did hayden said he going to attack zaheer, that aint a lot of attacking now is it.

zub2005 added 6 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

did anything happen when gambhir was out by watson, i heard he got some kind of send off.

As far as Ishant Sharma comment goes, why don't you go look up his statistics from India's tour of Australia earlier this year. He bowled a stack of overs, started the series with an average of 26 and finished the series with an average of around 45.
He started the series having played 2 Test matches with a 5 wicket haul and ended it having played 5-6 test matches. If you really don't expect averages to fluctuate towards the beginning of one's career, then you are being far too strict. And comparisons between Mitchell Johnson and Ishant Sharma are laughable. Sharma has made the best in the world look like village cricketers whereas most of Johnson's wickets this series have come with balls wide down the leg or off side.

sohummisra added 4 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Thats our style man. We are the ones who get pessimistic in the hope that we are proved wrong:D
We are also the ones who usually get pounded by 300+ runs in an India-Australia match. :D

sohummisra added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Australia would be relieved that they finally have gotten a good start. I'll probably only watch the first session of Day 3 so that I can go to sleep by 1am.

Kumble looked good in the few overs he bowled, He bowled the odd short and wide one now and then but apart from that, He looked good enough to take Australian top order wickets...

The ball to Katich, This one;

12.2 Kumble to Katich, 4 byes, sharp turn and bounce, rips across Katich and beats Dhoni too

Was a real demon, Hope he can produce some balls like that tomorrow, And we should get wickets.

Kumble and Mishra looked very lethal. Just goes to show how poor Australia's spinning stocks are.

I think those two will be responsible for most of the wickets this game. Not much in it for the pacemen at this stage.

Credit to Hayden and Katich for playing some shots at the end and not going super defensive and playing for stumps. A lot of players do that and get them selves out because they're not going with their instincts.

The way they played is how they should have played in the 2nd Test when chasing that total. At least we have learnt something from the test.

Aussies got no chance of winning this game unless they bat really well and bowl well on a flat wicket with no qulaity spinners. They probaly would be thinking of drawing this test match and try to beat India in the next one.

Right now, drawing is the only option that the Australians are thinking about. Even Clark has said that if they bat well, they can SAVE the test.

The only way for an Aus win is for the bowlers to roll India out quickly and from what the 1st inns showed that ain't likely. Our only way of a miracle is to get to 350 to 400 at stumps, declare and hope to roll India out cheaply. Then chase down the total in the last day. That is where a Warne comes in handy although if even he could pull it off against India in India is another question.

Users who are viewing this thread