Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

The thing is, if they actually get 600 or even just 500, it'll be around the last session of day 4 and the state of the game will have changed again, because India would then have to build a lead quickly if they want to win. Those are the times when weird things happen, although those are also times when it's nice to have a great slow bowler.

Gambhir Banned for 1 test after the Elbow incident

Well i loved to see the replay of the gauti hitting his elbow to Watson :D Poor Shane ;)

Hayden looked troubled in the 1 -2 over he cant see the ball ?:eek:

This wicket has nothing it is simply flat. I hate boring test cricket where its not even contest. I hope the wicket breaks up and helps the spinners.

Gambhir Banned for 1 test after the Elbow incident

NONSENSE! When Gambhir said that it was an accident, they still have called him "guilty" of deliberately doing it and have banned him a test??? PATHETIC!!!

One guy did the provocation nonsense in Sydney and Harbhajan almost got his career curtailed. India should learn to answer back the provocation in a smart way.

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

This wicket has nothing it is simply flat. I hate boring test cricket where its not even contest. I hope the wicket breaks up and helps the spinners.

When Kumble bowls, he is interesting. I dont know why Kumble is persisting with Zaheer Khan, who is getting nothing from the wicket, not even reverse swing. Either try Ishant Sharma for sometime, or bring in Mishra or Sehwag or Sachin.

I saw on news channel, cricket expert said the pitch is very flat and nothing for Bowlers but it may have a change maybe after the 3rd day"

NONSENSE! When Gambhir said that it was an accident, they still have called him "guilty" of deliberately doing it and have banned him a test??? PATHETIC!!!

well I dont know what you were watching but he stuck his elbow out on purpose IMO. Dont really care what he says he did it on purpose.

Racial discriminati0on?

I knew Gambhir was guilty in the act but only 10% fee cut for Watson???

Aussies team & supports must be jumping (like Kangaroos of course ;)) as one of our important weapon is Banned for the Next test.

Pathetic !

He started the series having played 2 Test matches with a 5 wicket haul and ended it having played 5-6 test matches. If you really don't expect averages to fluctuate towards the beginning of one's career, then you are being far too strict. And comparisons between Mitchell Johnson and Ishant Sharma are laughable. Sharma has made the best in the world look like village cricketers whereas most of Johnson's wickets this series have come with balls wide down the leg or off side.
Your stupidity is laughable as I wasn't even comparing Johnson to Sharma. :rolleyes:

On the otherhand, Gambhir well and truly deserved his suspension. You can't go around hitting players that are bigger then you are, knowing fully well that they can't reteliate. Little smartass.

I hope Watson catches Gambhir in a local bar one day and shows him whos boss.

Gambhir hasn't been suspended yet. He was found guilty of level 2, where he can be banned for one Test match. Decision will be taken soon though, because it was said it would be on Friday morning. Although it's now past Friday morning there in India. So has the decision already been taken?

Watson found guilty in elbow incident
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/376141.html

Currently cricinfo is mentioning this:

'Yes, there are plenty of reports about Gambhir being banned but I'm waiting for confirmation.'

Last edited:
And Katich is out by Mishra. Good contribution by Katich though.

Good ball by Mishra, Katich played the spinners like we expect him to. He just played the wrong shot there, his coming down the wicket was the right move though.

Cricinfo has confirmed it:

'Okay, here's some big news, now confirmed. Gambhir has received a one Test ban after being found guilty of breaching the ICC Code of Conduct. As a result, he will miss the final Test in Nagpur from 6 November.'

Last edited:
Great turn there by Mishra... Sometime or the other, Katich has to miss it when he keeps stepping down often.

I guess Kumble should come in for Ishant (after a few overs, becoz Sharma HAS to bowl to Ponting in what has become a ritual now)

Users who are viewing this thread