Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Ishant swinging it both ways now, Troubling Ponting in that over...Hope that continues as it was a brilliant over.

Your viewpoint is really negative. Do you think racial abuse would have justified an elbow? It doesn't matter what type of abuse it is. A bit of banter is acceptable, but talking to the batsman two-three times in an over is hardly "a bit of banter". Besides, Watson stuck his arm out just as Gambhir was running past him before Gambhir came back and elbowed him. It wasn't an entirely unprovoked reaction. Of course, Watson is too much of a dickwad to accept being at fault for anything.
Watson wasn't at fault for anything though. :rolleyes:

Plenty of players sledge batsman, but don't see the majority of International cricketers going up and thumping the guy who is sledging him. Do you not realise that what made Watson continue to sledge was the fact Gambhir kept taunting him back? Watson did put his arm out infront of Gambhir for a brief moment but pulled it away as soon as Gambhir was coming past him for the run. You can tell on replays how shocked Watson was after Gambhir elbowed him.

I constantly see Zaheer Khan and Ishant Sharma do the exact same thing as Watson was doing at Gambhir but you don't see batsman like Matthew Hayden and Andrew Symonds running past them and giving them a good old hip 'n shoulder. Why? Because they have class and know that you don't go physically abusing players who sledge you.

No player deserves to be physically abused and get punished for it unless they say something personal (about ones family or religion) or something racist.

This is fantastic bowling. Co-incidence that as soon as Kumble leaves the park India lift 500%

That shot he offered to Zaheer an over or two ago really has to be questioned, I mean what was that?

What would make things really interesting is if Australia got a score of something like 700-750 and declared at lunch of Day 5 and India lost 3 or 4 quick wickets. What a counterattack that would be! VVS Laxman would be eating his heart out!

Long shot though.

Hopefully Ponting can continue to produce a match-saving double hundred. :)

Mishra has been really unlucky.. he has beaten the bat numerous times but could'nt get the wicket.

Even though India's bowlers haven't had as much success they certainly have shown what good line and length can do. We all know it leads to pressure but they have also shown that bowlers with good seam positions can extract reverse swing. That's where Johnson problem comes into play, hes basically given up on getting a good seam position and that certainly is one reason why we haven't had reverse swing. Add to the fact that good seam position can actually help him he really should reconsider that aspect at the very least if he wants to continue playing for Aus.

Lee also needs to work on his seam position, and being a bit more consistent with his line and length would be good.

Arre?! Shu waat chhe Virubhai?

Woah! That was a big turner from Sehwag! Pitched well outside off and hit middle and off, C'mon lads! Lets gets 1 or 2 more back into he pavillion by Stumps...

Good thing Harby isn't playing he could have done some damage seeing how well Sehwag is going. Who would have thought Sehwag would be India go to man.

From what I've read after this picture, Bowden went back to his belly again:

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/image/376264.html

'Bowden tried to be brave and started moving first, but the bees put him back in his place'

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/376281.html

And I think I am right. :laugh

This is another picture on cricinfo. I think that happened after the first picture.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/image/376269.html

Hahaha, 87. Happy Halloween.

Good thing Harby isn't playing he could have done some damage seeing how well Sehwag is going. Who would have thought Sehwag would be India go to man.
I've heard Indian fans say many a time that Sehwag can be more threatening than Harbhajan. Harbhajan doesn't tend to have a great range of flight, while Sehwag bowls a more classical off break.

Man sehwag really bowling some beauties now, Flighting them and beating Hussey's outside edge on numerous occasions...Almost spinning too much to get the outside edge.

Sehwag's bowling beautifully, collecting another wicket absolute beauty that got Hussey.

Users who are viewing this thread