Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Hayden is looking shaky against Sehwag, I feel a wicket is gonna fall soon.

Game much more interesting after Kumble has gone in... Seriously, people might think that I have become so anti-Kumble, but I am telling the truth..

Who was that, sledging the Aussie batsmen? "Well bowled yaar well bowled... Will get tough with the new batsman coming in...." or something like that...

Edit: Dhoni's comment "Good that Ponting is trying to now play the balls out of the rough.....". I am enjoying Dhoni's captaincy

Last edited:
Dhoni reads the game pretty well. After a couple of balls that Ponting plodded away to the off-side Dhoni said, "Theek hai, khelne ke liye dekh raha hai" which means, "It's okay, he's looking to play a shot." And the very next ball Ponting tries to go down the ground to hit Mishra over the top.

Dhoni reads the game pretty well. After a couple of balls that Ponting plodded away to the off-side Dhoni said, "Theek hai, khelne ke liye dekh raha hai" which means, "It's okay, he's looking to play a shot." And the very next ball Ponting tries to go down the ground to hit Mishra over the top.

Absolutely! Thats what I said in the above post. Dhoni looks to be a good thinker. I feel a wicket is anytime round the corner now

Oh, man.

Here we see the one of the starker differences in teams, the spinners.

Sehwag!!! DHONI!!!!! Magic!!!! Hayden GONE!!!

When Hayden charged down the track previous ball and hit a four, Dhoni said "Teek Hai teek hai, chalne dho...." (its ok, its ok, let him go). Next ball......

Absolutely! Thats what I said in the above post. Dhoni looks to be a good thinker. I feel a wicket is anytime round the corner now
Turns out the corner was the drinks break.

Difference? Dhoni's attacking captaincy made Hayden think of batting a little more aggressively. Result? Wicket.

Viru the monk gets Haydos!! Now it's gonna be interesting as the ball has started doing things.

Haha a wicket falls under Dhoni's captaincy. This is very interesting, lets see how he goes in this match. For India I hope Kumble doesn't get back in the field very soon :D

Though this wicket didnt have much to do with his captaincy. Good decision by Billy.

Haha a wicket falls under Dhoni's captaincy. This is very interesting, lets see how he goes in this match. For India I hope Kumble doesn't get back in the field very soon :D

Though this wicket didnt have much to do with his captaincy. Good decision by Billy.

His captaincy played a good enough part in the wicket.

I expect few more here.. Come on MISHY!

It did. Immediately after Kumble left the field, we saw a couple of adjustments in the field. One obvious one was a second slip being added and another one was the deep square-leg fielder coming into the in-field. The batsmen felt more comfortable going over the top and obviously Haydos relaxed just a bit and now finds himself in the dressing room. However, the tempered aggression approach of Hayden is what is threatening to the Indians in the next 3 innings' of this series.

Mishra really getting it to turn right-to-left.

sohummisra added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Funny thing is it was a part timer! Krejza could have been doing that, what could have been...
To be fair, Sehwag started out his cricket career as an off-spinner who could bat a bit. :)

Users who are viewing this thread