Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Shah, a lesser player than Watson? This is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. It's almost sig worthy. Shah is a far better player than Watson will ever be.

I'm sorry, but I find it rather pathetic that he can even claim that it was accidental, or that you are actually defending him. What he did was stupid and he deserves the punishment.

Whatever, but Watson did provoke him and provocation should also get the same penalty.
Watson invited it himself...

A great example of double standards from the ICC.

It's funny because you scoff at my arguement of Watson not having enough opportunity but having allot of talent and then you go and make an arguement about an even lesser player like Shah and start trying to claim that his even better then Watson, which is borderline ridiculous.
You think that just because Watson has a good first-class record that it doesn't mean that he'll succeed in Test Cricket?
Then what about Shah? He has a lesser first-class record and plays in a much weaker domestic competiton.
Watson thus far in his International career has shown far more promise.

No he hasn't. Shah's one of the classiest players in English domestic cricket. The reason his FC record isn't as good as Watson's is because he had a difficult start to his FC record, but he's been one of the best players in England for the past 4-5 years. He deserves far more chances in International cricket. He's now getting a chance to bat at 3 in ODi's which is good for him after being shuffled around the order, and really should have been given a chance in the Test side when Collingwood was desperately out of form. Shah's a far classier batsman than Watson.

Trust me, I watch allot more English cricket then what you realise.
I watch as many England games as I watch Australian ones and I've seen the likes of Shah, Bell, Collingwood and all of the batsman that have been tested since the Ashes 2005.
I've also watched allot of Watson batting when his at his best and he is an absolute gun. You can say what you want about his bowling, because it's not half as good as what his batting is.
Watson is an immense talent that is just waiting to happen and once acouple of the top 4 batsman start retiring and he gets his chance then he'll start to bloosum. He has been cruely robbed of injury during the course of his career.

You've obviously not seen enough of Bell and Shah if you think Watson's a better batsman than both of them. So what Watson's got a good FC record, that doesn't necessarily equate to a good international career. Again, look at Mark Ramprakash for proof. Ian Bell's one of the classiest players in World Cricket when on form. He's as good as Michael Vaughan when on form. He's got all the shots in the book, hits the ball all-round the ground, uses his feet brilliantly against the spinners, and he times the ball as sweetly as anyone in World Cricket. He'd suit the Australian FC system perfectly. He's adapated his game to suit the ball coming onto the bat, he'd relish on the Australian conditions now. He wasn't anywhere near as good in the Ashes, but now he oozes class.

Oh and here are some stats on Ian Bell & Shane Watson. ;)
Ian Bell (as a ODI opener): 716 runs @ 35.80, SR: 69.92, 5 fifties (22 innings)
Shane Watson (as a ODI opener): 555 runs @ 39.64, SR: 88.38, 1 hundred, 4 fifties (15 innings)

The fact that you think a ODI average of 35 is poor, just goes to show how much you know.

Ian Bell's still developing as an opening batsman in One Day cricket. He doesn't open for Warwickshire, so he's learning as he goes. He's got a heck of alot of talent, and I'd say is one of the most under-rated batsmen in world cricket. If he could gain that consistency, which is starting to come in Test cricket he'd be superb. His Test Average is fantastic, especially considering he's had a bad patch against New Zealand.

I never said that an ODi average of 35 was poor, I just don't think it's particularly impressive. Collingwood, Bell, Pietersen and Flintoff (when in the top 5) all average over 35, and considering all these players, bar Pietersen are supposed to be far worse than Watson, his ODi average can't be too impressive. An ODi average of 35 doesn't prove a good player, it's very mediocre tbh. Just because Jayasuriya only averaged 33 doesn't prove anything, he was very hit and miss. The very best ODi players all average over 40, Watson doesn't, he's not as good as you make him out to be.

Boo Yeah. Virender Sehwag should become an allrounder...

He's made 3 valuable contributions with the ball lately:

1) Kanpur against SA
2) Perth against Aus
3) Delhi against Aus

I agree with the Englishmen here.
The English batting currently has better batsmen than Watson.
Bell,Shah,Cook are all better batsmen or more classier batsmen than Watson ever will be.Bell is one of the most prettiest batsmen around in world cricket at the moment.

Before the Aussies pounce upon me and say that I mght not have seen much of Aussie or English crcket, I would likie to clarify that we get to see every bit of international cricket over here including the domestic seasons live on our networks.I catch most of the action from the Aussie and English international season live.

I fully expect Watto to prove me wrong and get a hundred tomorrow now:D!

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Boo Yeah. Virender Sehwag should become an allrounder...

He's made 3 valuable contributions with the ball lately:

1) Kanpur against SA
2) Perth against Aus
3) Delhi against Aus

The Monk`s a gun with the ball ! Hope he gets a fiver and runs through the Aussie lower order tomorrow !

I think Watson's still well on the up as an ODI player as well. Bell's style probably suits English new ball conditions to some degree, but his key problem is that there's often no value to him playing a pensive game because he doesn't post a big score. There have also been some times when Watson should have gotten a bigger score, but he has been doing a good job of making his time at the crease count.

Certainly a bit early to be lauding his Test achievements, but I do remember that he's copped an awful lot of criticism in the last few years, so maybe it's fair to have some hype back.

To lose gambhir for the next test is a big lost, but you cant do what he did. Credit has to go to australia but i do think the 4th wicket was crucial today. Dhoni to give shewag the new ball was just class as it paid off, doubt kumble would of did that. If kumble was not 100% fit he should not of played in this test, simple as.

Gauthi will come back. I have full confidence in BCCI. ;)

But what about Kumble. when is he going out :mad:

Australians are Sledging one by one and are trying to irritate the top form batsmen
Pathetic Sledging for win... :rolleyes: Gambhir did right he came in his way i will do the same what he did was right ..Shane came and shake hands with Gauti Like a innocent a kid!!:rolleyes:

they can't take the beat form Indians And that;s it!!

If Aussies get all out till Lunch i hope there's a result of this match :D

I'm not Australian, I'm English but you're even annoying me with your incredible bias, goading and the general crap you talk.

I'm not Australian, I'm English but you're even annoying me with your incredible bias, goading and the general crap you talk.

So what do i do if your are English? i didn't said to any particular person here i said what's happening .. What i said is right and truth...

why don't you shut up :)

I don't like the idea of BCCI appealing against Gambhir's ban. He made a mistake so let him bear the punishment. But I do feel Watto's punishment is too light.

Users who are viewing this thread