Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

"je ne sais quoi"

wats that??
& yeah i agree with u mate . in fact im believing yuvraj in for any 0f the last 2 tests if saurav fails .

"je ne sais quoi": It's a french term, to simple mean, "I Don't Know", in discussion it would mean something you cannot actually tell about someone, nevertheless there is something, but you just don't know.

"je ne sais quoi": It's a french term, to simple mean, "I Don't Know", in discussion it would mean something you cannot actually tell about someone, nevertheless there is something, but you just don't know.

My definition is better:p.

On the bowling front, I think that the combination of Johnson, Lee and Clark on anything but an extremely slow pitch could be potentially series winning. Johnson was working up a very good pace in the BP XI game, getting up to 150kph (after re-deciding to focus on pace and bounce) and this could be a turning point for him after very wrongly attempting to become an inswing focussed bowler over the past Australian season.

Ishant and Zaheer is good, in theory but Zaheer, even in his latest incarnation, relies on pitches to do the work but just utilises conditions better these days. Zaheer has a poor record in India (thanks Jake) and Ishant cannot, even now, be relied on to consistently perform. Harbhajan Singh has been very impressive as of late and Kumble should come back into form too - India can win the series with the spinners spearheading the attack but it'd be preferable if the seamers provide support, especially for issues such as dismissing the tail and early wickets.

The series is not even started but the mind game of Mr.Punter already started..hey Pointy try something else this time :p

It's Mind game..Pointing things he is the only person to built up such Mind game...
the present XI team is well blessed with a combination of Seniors with experienced and well suffered the behavior of Aussie and the other hand The Youngsters who thrashed them in t20. this is what you call a Best Team:)

@ Jake: Did you pitch in Simon Katich's average as an opener? Its a different thing batting in the middle order, and a different thing batting as an opener? Other slots you can keep the same stats, but for the openers, you should have their averages as openers. I feel Katich's average will drop substantially if you take him just as an opener (if he has not opened at all in his international career, his average should be 0).

@ Jake: Did you pitch in Simon Katich's average as an opener? Its a different thing batting in the middle order, and a different thing batting as an opener? Other slots you can keep the same stats, but for the openers, you should have their averages as openers. I feel Katich's average will drop substantially if you take him just as an opener (if he has not opened at all in his international career, his average should be 0).

Of course Katich has opened in his Test career. He opened just this summer against West Indies, scoring 319 runs at 63.80.

I just hope you know I wasted over 3 hours of my evening to do that for you.
Well it was exactly that--a waste.

First of all, counting bowlers batting statistics to push the Aussie batting over the line is a little iffy. Don't forget, either, that Anil Kumble has a century in Test matches. Furthermore, I argue that if you have not played in India, you really cannot use any sort of numbers for comparison. There is a reason why India has been seen as a difficult place to tour for Australia. Apart from Hayden and Clarke, not too many Aussie batsmen have been able to acclimatize themselves.

Secondly, many of the presumed batting and bowling comparisons have been made based on the performance of the Aussies in the tour matches. Of course, they are not the most accurate measurement, but I would argue that they are more accurate than career statistics.

Sehwag feeling confident. Can't wait for him to go after Krejza, If the Boards Presidents XI could do that to him, imagine what Sehwag, Dhoni and co could do! :eek: Just thinking about it makes me excited. For India's sake play Krejza, For Australia's sake play White :p

I'll put my side for the test, unlikely to happen but still would like to see it.

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
White
Haddin
Lee
Johnson
Clark
Bollinger

Bollinger would have to come in 1st change to be effective with the swing, after that he can bowl good line and length until the reverse swing comes about.

Sehwag feeling confident. Can't wait for him to go after Krejza, If the Boards Presidents XI could do that to him, imagine what Sehwag, Dhoni and co could do! :eek: Just thinking about it makes me excited. For India's sake play Krejza, For Australia's sake play White :p

Tell the baldy that Krazy is not making his debut i just got a mail from Punter :p

Sehwag does his best whenever there are question marks over him, IMO.

Drop Sehwag right now!

Users who are viewing this thread