Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

@ Jake: Did you pitch in Simon Katich's average as an opener? Its a different thing batting in the middle order, and a different thing batting as an opener? Other slots you can keep the same stats, but for the openers, you should have their averages as openers. I feel Katich's average will drop substantially if you take him just as an opener (if he has not opened at all in his international career, his average should be 0).

Can you do that on Cricinfo StatsGuru?

Why would you ever drop Sehwag? Last 3 tests...

India in Australia 07/08, Border=Gavaskar trophy = 445 runs @ 71.50 average with 64.26 SR (151 HS)

South Africa in India 08 = 362 runs @ 74.40 with 102.76 SR (319 HS)

India in Sri Lanka = 366 runs @ 68.80 with 93.98 SR (201 NO HS, carried the bat!!!!)

Dont be hatin' on my dawg!

Can you do that on Cricinfo StatsGuru?

Thanks. Manee did the honours for me. Katich seems to be on the high side of the averages ATM as an opener.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Why would you ever drop Sehwag? Last 3 tests...

Rohit's comment was probably a 'tongue in cheek' one. You cant drop the current best batsman of the side (on form!)

My Lineup:
Haydos
Katich
Punter
Pup
Huss
Watto
Binga
Mitch
Sarfraz
Bear
Siddle

That side would be fine if it had a wicketkeeper in it. Also, try to give the player's real names, I know the nicknames but it just confuses a lot of people when you do a whole team of them. Punter and Haydos are obvious, but lots of people won't know that White is Bear and Clark is Sarfraz.

Breaking news: Ganguly to retire after series

BIG ONE!! BIG ONE!!!

Now that he has announced it, a sense of happiness and yet a tinge of sadness prevails. We will miss the steely resolve and the fierce determination of one of India's best fighters. He was not as talented as Dravid or Sachin, but he was on par with them due to his fighting attitude. ONE OF THE LEGENDS OF THE GAME!!! Bye Bye Saurav!

Breaking news: Ganguly to retire after series

Well, On the offsidefirst there was god then Ganguly, guess it's just Sachin now. I just wonder what the reaction will be during the time he does.

----------

With the whole series, I think it was bad that we did well in the tour match. Now the Aussies might actually try and practice a lot more to beat us. I was hoping we would get destroyed in the tour match, so we have a chance during the actual tests. Although if Laxman is in form, he can literally be our team.

Black Magic added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

That side would be fine if it had a wicketkeeper in it. Also, try to give the player's real names, I know the nicknames but it just confuses a lot of people when you do a whole team of them. Punter and Haydos are obvious, but lots of people won't know that White is Bear and Clark is Sarfraz.

Yep, I don't know some people either. I wonder if how Haddin will go, he does have a lot of pressure on him, to step up to the plate of Gilchrist.

Now when he has declared it finally ,this series must be played to celebrate a fine carrier & give a unforgettable goodbye to one of india's best & my favourite cricketer.
I think it'll be a emotional moment for all the indian fans as we are seeing him for the last time in those test whites.I hope he ends his cricket carrier with a superb series for him & for INDIA winning it as well.

we'll miss u "dada".

That last innings from Saurav - I have to be there to watch it. It will be a big moment (if its like this for Saurav, just wonder how big it is going to be when Sachin plays that 'last' innings!). I have been wanting for Saurav to pack his bags because youngsters must be given a chance (only when they are played will we know if they're worth it). Simply saying that no one is there to replace the Fab Four when some of the youngsters have not been given a taste of test cricket is fool hardy.

Anyways, a great career coming to an end. Hope this will act as an even bigger spur for India to win this series. My worry of Saurav not getting that respectable farewell is not laid to rest. I can easily say that this is a deal brokered by the new BCCI administration to phase out the seniors (even though Ganguly, Kumble and others deny it). I guess we might expect more to come after the end of the England series.

I think the fact that he has announced his own retirement rather than being unceremoniously dumped in the middle of the series shows that he's finally come around to the line of thinking that the game in India must go on. I'm sure all the appropriate honors and farewells (aka a function) will be given once the series is over.

There will be great Public for the 2 Test matches LIVE on Stadium .yeah to see Ganguly not Aussies :p I still remember the mockery Incident;)

He will now play all the 4 tests, and since he's retiring, I dont mind it at all. When he plays a game, he should now that its his last one. I wish Kumble gives him the honour of walking into the ground making him feel that this is 'his last innings'.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

There will be great Public for the 2 Test matches LIVE on Stadium .yeah to see Ganguly not Aussies :p I still remember the mockery Incident;)

Oh yeah, of course. Saurav is one of the most popular characters of Indian cricket and there will be big crowds to see him off. Sad that they dont have a test in Eden. IMAGINE THE CROWD AT EDEN if Saurav plays one of his final tests there. His last test at Eden was against Pakistan and he scored a double ton. So he ended there on a high.

He is Just so Great.. Go Saurav :happy and hit all over and make Aussies Cry we will enjoy kangaroo Curry ;)

There should be a test match in Mumbai(I Know that the pitch is bad for 5 day Play) and then i ll Miss Symonds ;)

BIG ONE!! BIG ONE!!!

Now that he has announced it, a sense of happiness and yet a tinge of sadness prevails. We will miss the steely resolve and the fierce determination of one of India's best fighters. He was not as talented as Dravid or Sachin, but he was on par with them due to his fighting attitude. ONE OF THE LEGENDS OF THE GAME!!! Bye Bye Saurav!

What a laod iof rubbish :rolleyes: He was better leader in all forms of cricket than those two. India reached finals of 2003 when Ganguly was captain. India got kicked out in the group matches when Dravid was captain 07. Tendulkar dont even have that factor to be a captain or leader he jst plays his game. Becoming a leader and leading his team is far more bigger than being just a player. He is still a very talented player so cut the word was not

Users who are viewing this thread