Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

watson will come in now. aussies got a V big batting line up in this test

It's hard to say who should go in next. On records, Watson is the strongest, but it might be smarter to use White now to protect Watson and Haddin from the new ball. White would also prefer to face pace, while Haddin especially is most useful against spin.

wow great batting from punter, what a champion. Everyone can shut up about his record in India now. Its what you call a captains knock , well played punter.

Aussies pretty much dominated the whole day after the first over. I would say things are pretty even after day 1 (because of that last wicket) . But with the batting depth we have , its hard to see us not make 400+. Watson , White , Haddin all pretty new to test cricket but Hussey is still there. Hopefully another ton for the great man:cool:

Overnight rain will be helpful. Some juice in morning is what bowlers need.

He does still average less than 20.

It will change soon if he can keep up this form. Anyway the point is not about his average , end of the day its just a number . Lot of people were going on and on about how hes harbajans bunny and how he will never have success in India and all kinds of rubbish like that. This knock proved that he CAN play well and make big scores in India.

Yeah I know, that should have been a raspberry post :p
What you said reminds me of the bag Harbhajan took in Bangalore in 2004; four years ago to the week, as I'm told. The records say he took 11 wickets, but Australia made nearly 500 runs in the first innings and won by over 200 runs. It wasn't bad bowling, but somewhere in between the wickets, Michael Clarke made 151 on debut and he was the man of the hour.

Ponting finally scores runs,but in very 1st innings of 1st match, 1st day of match,series.India needs to come back very very hard,and wind up as early as possible,4th batting normally on Indian turny pitches is horrible in recent past...

4th innings batting on any pitch is like carrying 100 kg rocks in drill for Indian batting side everytime.

Only Sehwag is our hope. If he scores he will score more than 150 and that means we will have atleast 300 in second innings.

My thought is that if Hayden fails in the 2nd innings too, Jacques should replace him in the 2nd Test. Though Hayden's dismissal was a bit unlucky.

You're kidding me. The only guy we fear most (India) is Hayden, and then Ponting

Good knock from Ponting. Must have felt happy to remove that blot from his stats. But India have pulled it back pretty well in the end. Australia's run rate is very very slow by their standards (its slow even by regular test match standards). If India can pick two quick wickets tomorrow with that of White and Watson, we will be at an advantage (we are almost back in it now). Very exciting day's play. Worth waiting for! But I am scared that Indian batting will fail here (hope I'm proved wrong)

saisrini80 added 3 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

More like people posting their rubbish. ;)

Well said! It includes you too:p

True regarding the indian batting. will it click or fail that is the question.

Well done Punter atleast the Indians can shut up about his record. India has the other hand if Watto and White and Haddin get a decent knock 400+ is on the cards

Users who are viewing this thread