Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

You are confusing our ODI form with our Test form. We would not be #1 if our bowlers were as bad as you make them out to be.

What is that #1? :confused: Let India first win Aussie in their homeland & SA in their homeland and then we can even think about calling as #1. Before that, we don't deserve that tag. No, thank you.

Shahadat Hossain to Tendulkar, no run, comedy of errors, short on the off, goes for the pull, gets a top edge and there are three fielders converging but all hesitant waiting for the other guy to make a call, none took the ultimate step and it lands in front of all of them, Shahdat is distraught, Tendulkar can't believe his luck

thats the only mistake they made all day

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

LOL Dare left at lunch. i wanna see his reaction tomorrow when he gets back

thats the only mistake they made all day

Oh, yes. But the clear miss was still Zaheer. :p If they had taken those two, India would have been all out by now as well.

Shakib Al Hasan to Sharma, no run, appeal for lbw, went on straight from round the wicket and Ishant, prodding forward, tries to defend but misses and is struck on the pads, was struck in line and the height was ok, the umpire says no and the batsman is lucky to get away

or even this 1.

213/9 looks much better..oh well. still happy

What is that #1? :confused: Let India first win Aussie in their homeland & SA in their homeland and then we can even think about calling as #1. Before that, we don't deserve that tag. No, thank you.

Then why does Australia deserve the #1 tag? They also lost to us in India, they lost to South Africa at home and they lost the Ashes. South Africa couldn't finish the job against England and Australia beat them pretty comfortably in South Africa.

You should stop being so skeptical. There may be no clear #1 for the long term but India has done enough to deserve it for the time being.

Then why does Australia deserve the #1 tag? They also lost to us in India, they lost to South Africa at home and they lost the Ashes. South Africa couldn't finish the job against England and Australia beat them pretty comfortably in South Africa.

You should stop being so skeptical. There may be no clear #1 for the long term but India has done enough to deserve it for the time being.

Australia don't deserve to be number one. is point is that the top three are too close to say that India are number one, even if they are ranked as such.

I love Ordinary Bangladesh

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Though India no 1 test team ,it must play only like this against a weaker team like bangla,

What will happen to bangla , probably 160 all out

i dont get your point, so b/c "Bangla" is weaker team, India must play like this?

and if we get all out 160 all out then? ..umm.. we all die? the world comes to end? :sarcasm

MacLovin added 3 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

I just hope bowl # 61.6 and # 62.1 doesnt cost us.

UDRS!!

ok guys, tomorrow's the lucky day for us.

know why ?? cause you can watch both sharma and sreesanth spray it all over the pitch and the batsmen taking them to the cleaners.

Though India no 1 test team ,it must play only like this against a weaker team like bangla,
Wow the dumbest thing I've heard all day... and boy, have I heard some dumb ████ today.
It's great to see Shahadat getting wickets, I've always liked that guy but he hasn't been on form with the ball lately. Hopefully he can pick up a 5-fer.

I just hope bowl # 61.6 and # 62.1 doesnt cost us.

UDRS!!

I thought this too, but yesterday I read that hotspot cost ?5 million (so $7-8 million) to implement in a series, I don't imagine hawkeye cameras are cheap, or hurricane cams, so none of those either. so beyond stump mics, which are deemed unreliable, and iffy tv replays, there really wasn't much to make it worth doing.

Nice to see Bangladesh challenging us and winning the day. A long way to go in the test though and it won`t be all that easy when they come out to bat anyway. Let us see if they can keep it up for 5 days.

aditya123 added 7 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

I think they only lose 1 point. Stupid.

Wrong. They`ll lose more than that. We`ll lose a point even if one game out of the two ends in a draw. We will only gain a fraction of a point on winning this 1-0. We`ll lose something like 4 or 5 points on losing the series.

aditya123 added 14 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

This is possibly the best day of my life.

Welcome aboard to the India bashwagon. May I kindly remind you that test cricket is played over 5 days, 4 innings in total. Bangladesh have won Day 1 fair and square. Its not like this is the first time they`ve done well. They dominated the test against an almost invincible Australia in 2005/6. Australia managed to scrap through by 2/3 wickets in the end. Pakistan won a test by 1 wicket at Multan where Inzy rescued them.

Just one bad day and people like Surendar who is quite eager to jump onto the bashwagon with cliches like "Let them win in SA first" appear on the forum. Surendar, please remember that SA or Australia have to win their series in India. Winning in Indian conditions is as important for them to be accepted as it is for us to win in their conditions. IF our bowling is as hellishly bad and we play on flat tracks all the time, we would`nt be beating sides like SL who have a super batting lineup for subcontinental conditions 2-0 at home. On the one hand, you guys say we play on flat tracks all the time and that is why we win. On the other hand you say we have a bad bowling attack which cannot take 20 wickets. You cannot take 20 wickets with a bad bowling attack and its more difficult to do so on a flat track. Something is not quite right with your argument.

Sehwag was wrong to say this in public but that is the very nature of the man. He is a very straightforward guy. I don`t think he meant to be very arrogant. Don`t forget that he is`nt the most articulate in English either. Also, I don`t think one good inning for Bangladesh proves him wrong. I still feel they do not ahve it in them to take 20 wickets.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread