Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Politics are not played by most people in the team. Its all being done in the background by other people. That doesnt mean you throw all sorts of mud on your country. And first of all, you are just having a very wrong perception of our fast bowlers from the very start. In fact I am starting to give a little too much respect to our fast bowlers after reading your comments. THEY ARE JUST NOT AS BAD AS YOU MAKE IT OUT TO BE!

Are you sure of the bolded text? Yuvi is still there because of Dhoni! Though I have a great respect for Dhoni ( the genuine captain whom we found atlast ), when comes to Yuvi, his attitude is completely different.Did you think of other youngsters affected because of this?

I am not throwing mud on my country.

Yes, the pacers are bad but not as bad as I say. But to be a WC winner, these are just not even 20% enough. You can't give 70 odd runs in 8 or 9 overs on the similar conditions where we are going to play the Wcup.

Like Chappel stated, we lack champion bowlers. May be you are contended with the current woeful/feeble bowlers, but I expect a champion bowler to win matches. If the next WCup is getting missed by India, Sachin can never see another WCup in his hands.

Though it's a test series, body language cannot be different right? The confidence of pace department ( in general ) is low.

Spinners have got the majority of wickets & not the pacers on Indian flat tracks which the original poster was quoting at. Who can hate Jumbo/Bhaji. They did the destruction job for us & not the pacers. When others always expect bowlers like Johnson, Lee, Steyn, Morkel to get 5-fer, we expected spin twins to share atleast 15 wickets between them. ( Am still referring the original post which stated that we have the ability to take 20 wickets in our flat tracks )

So you mean to say that the spinners take 15 out of 20 wickets most of the times we win a test. I think Sohum would do a good job at churning out numbers which would prove that you are wrong. I can bet that our seamers would have around a 50% share even on Indian soil if you look at the records of the past 3 years (you`d expect the spinners to have a far bigger share as per the stereotype).

For me its about winning matches. We have seamers who can rip apart a batting lineup when the conditions suit them, whether you like it or not. There might not be any superstars in the bowling lineup unlike our batting but they do enough to win games with a combined effort without which we would not have won as many test matches as we have over the past few years. Remember, you only have to take 20 wickets for fewer runs than you scored, all bowlers put together to win a test. The way that is achieved is immaterial. We may not have a Wasim or a Waqar in our lineup but we have an attack which combines well to win us test matches and support our batting lineup. That for me is good enough.

Alright, alright. Like I said ages before, everytime I try my best not to talk about bowlers, but somehow I break it.

Right, my eyes on for Sachin on Day 2. Nothing else will disturb my concentration. :D

Ask Sehwag - Tendulkar

Shakib was also there, he had kind words to offer Sehwag at the end of the article. Sehwag doesn't even have the balls to address the media, God why do babies sledge?

I doubt it was an attempt to sledge from Sehwag. Thats the way he normally speaks and it makes for interesting read. It would be dull if everyone came out to a press conference and said " They are a tough opposition and we cannot take them lightly" each time.

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Alright, alright. Like I said ages before, everytime I try my best not to talk about bowlers, but somehow I break it.

Right, my eyes on for Sachin on Day 2. Nothing else will disturb my concentration. :D

Sorry, but I do not watch cricket to just see one player do well. Thats not how I support my side.

They should think before opening their big mouth. Now guess who will be laughing. Even if india manage to win this in the end. Bangladesh has showed them they are not an ordinary side. Number 1 test team plays like this?

Yes, the pacers are bad but not as bad as I say. But to be a WC winner, these are just not even 20% enough. You can't give 70 odd runs in 8 or 9 overs on the similar conditions where we are going to play the Wcup.

Though it's a test series, body language cannot be different right? The confidence of pace department ( in general ) is low.

There is a huge difference in tests and ODIs. SL would`ve steamrolled us in tests by that logic. Those were played on pretty good batting conditions. I don`t see many bowlers succeding on the tracks that we played the India-SL ODI series. Even Australia conceded 350 twice, close to 300 once during that ODI series in India.

TBH Sehwag should just come out and admit there was a bit of moisture in the pitch and Bangladesh bowled well, no one's gonna throw shoes at him.

That's how the Chittagong pitches are, it's either too good or too bad for batting in day 1. I feel this might be the same pitch that was used for the game when Zimbabwe were bowled out for 44.

TBH Sehwag should just come out and admit there was a bit of moisture in the pitch and Bangladesh bowled well, no one's gonna throw shoes at him.

That's how the Chittagong pitches are, it's either too good or too bad for batting in day 1. I feel this might be the same pitch that was used for the game when Zimbabwe were bowled out for 44.

TBH Bangladesh has better pitches than india.

Number 1 test team plays like this?

Cricket is a funny game. Australia almost lost to Bangladesh when they were the undisputed kings of cricket a couple of eyars ago. Australia almost lost a test to Paksitan and West Indies this summer when noone expected them to do so. It can happen sometimes, which is more reason why you should`nt make comments like the one Sehwag made:D.

Shakib said:
"I was just excited. When you bowl big players from bigger teams and get a wicket, you will be always more happy."

Can anyone imagine those innocent happiness? It's always nice to hear those.

surendar added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

They should think before opening their big mouth. Now guess who will be laughing. Even if india manage to win this in the end. Bangladesh has showed them they are not an ordinary side. Number 1 test team plays like this?

My main worries are, after Bangladesh shut Ponting's mouth on similar critics, why would Sehwag unnecessarily do the same? Means, people already laughed once @ Ponting even he did manage to win the WC in the end. :p

Are you sure of the bolded text? Yuvi is still there because of Dhoni! Though I have a great respect for Dhoni ( the genuine captain whom we found atlast ), when comes to Yuvi, his attitude is completely different.Did you think of other youngsters affected because of this?

I am not throwing mud on my country.

Like Chappel stated, we lack champion bowlers. May be you are contended with the current woeful/feeble bowlers, but I expect a champion bowler to win matches. If the next WCup is getting missed by India, Sachin can never see another WCup in his hands.

Dhoni likes Yuvi, but how sure are you that Yuvi's inclusion in the team is just because of Dhoni? The selectors are also involved in the decision of the XI. And when Yuvraj is picked in the squad, he assumes seniority and Indian cricket is always run by seniority.

Champion bowlers come automatically, they are not brought in on a regular basis. Our current bowling is decent enough and can be accounted upon to take 20 wickets in a test match most of the time. Thats enough reason to call the side a contender to the No #1 slot.

The game is still not over, and Sehwag's comments of how BD cant take 20 wkts has still not been proved wrong. BD have won a day. Lets see the rest of the days before saying if Sehwag was right or wrong.
Bangladesh might not take 20 Indian wickets and they might be an ordinary side, but at the very least, India must be surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread