Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

My reaction was same even when Ponting spoke low about Bangladesh in 2007. Sehwag or Ponting or whoever, if a respect with others is lowered, there is no point in showing off the talent when one lacks a character.

On the other hand you say we have a bad bowling attack which cannot take 20 wickets. You cannot take 20 wickets with a bad bowling attack and its more difficult to do so on a flat track. Something is not quite right with your argument.

I never underestimated our spinners. They have been the biggest key for the 20 wickets which you say. That is the main reason which we fail to succeed in abroad conditions which is spinner unfriendly. As simple as that. :)

surendar added 2 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Spin twins have ripped off the opponents in numerous situations. How many pace twins we have? :sarcasm Reason for the struggle in abroad is quite obvious. Remember, Ishant ( who have struck the poorest form now ) was the main factor in last tour of Aussies.

surendar added 7 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Welcome aboard to the India bashwagon. May I kindly remind you that test cricket is played over 5 days, 4 innings in total.

Oh is it? I never knew because the batsmen were hurrying up to pavilion as if it was 2 days match. :eek:

Bangladesh have won Day 1 fair and square. Its not like this is the first time they`ve done well.

Bangladesh have won the hearts of many people. Otherwise you wouldn't find such a tag in cricinfo as well - Bangladesh all over ordinary India.

My mind is with Sachin getting a ton :upray & my heart is with Bangladesh winning this match atleast. If they can do in Windies, they can do it here as well. Bangladesh have talent, they have teamwork, they have hardwork .. why they should not win this?

Overconfidence & arrogance should be punished irrespective from where it comes from. Roll on, Bangla! :banana2

Well i would say - Well done Sehwag. You wake up the 'tigers'. Good work by Bangladesh so far as they make Sehwag to think before saying. Btw we still have chances. We can still get 300.

Theres four more days to play, and Test Cricket's a funny game, but it's been an ordinary performance by Bangladesh today, with dropped catches and loose bowling leading to a dominating Indian performance. Bangladesh will have to play a lot better to save this game.

Stuff it, who am I kidding.

Carn the Tiges :)

Ian Whitchurch

PS Great innings by the little master.

Great performance by Shahadat, I think changing his action back again is working and fantastic bowling as usual by Shakib. Well it's just day 1 and India are yet to bowl.

I just want India to get bowled out before 250 and then our batsmen can dig in to help this game get to the 4th/5th day.

Sehwag was overconfident in his early press release. " It's not possible for Bangla to take 20 wickets - Sehwag ", is really a poor way to treat the opponents & I hate this attitude. This is the only reason for which I hate Ponting too. ;)

Anyways, I really wish that Bangladesh can do what they did to West Indies. Com'on Bangla!:banana2

More than Sehwag's attitude, your attitude is disgusting. Only one day has gone, and you want the whole team to be punished for what Sehwag said (and I DONT SEEM A DAMN MISTAKE IN WHAT SEHWAG SAID!). Had an Australian said this, people would call it "mental disintegration" or "sledging", etc. I knew Sehwag was going to be butchered for his comments esp. if Bangladesh do well and he is being done so. But wanting the team to lose for that is crap attitude.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Some of the comments after India lost 3 wickets here just cracked me up. Looks like some people are obsessed with India`s No.1 ranking, and even more than the Indian fans. Looks like they just keep waiting for an opportunity to comment on how the ranking is`nt fair.

Australia, at their `peak` almost lost a test to Bangladesh a couple of years ago and conceded a 100 run first innings lead or something to Bangladesh. Its all well picking up a few wickets and getting on a roll but you only win test cricket sessions like that, not the test itself. This is what Bangladesh have to learn. When they get on top, they have to learn to convert them to results. They`ve been playing a lot of test cricket now. I`m yet to see them show decent progress. Now don`t bring up that `India took 23 years to win their first test` line.
India started off in Intl. cricket in 1932. Those 23 years included the World War II years when no cricket was played. Even then international fixtures were not very frequent as they are now. There were no ODIs in those days by which sides could get intl. exposure. Bangladesh have been playing international cricket for a long time now for people to expect them to show a lot more progress than they have actually done.

Nail on the head! Perfect post..

SaiSrini added 7 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

True. Add this too - No fast bowling. :laugh

With WorldCup coming, it's not a joke that we are going on such a pathetic track. Fielding has gone as crap . Bowling has gone CRAPIEST crap. Yes, lets have Ind-SL matches more & more on our soil & be a jokers in front of quality SA/Aus/NZ pace attack. :sarcasm Super duper way to progress ourselves upward with WC near.

Though Ponting spoke so bad about Bangladesh during WC07, he ended up as a champion's captain & not as a joker. Talking in such a way is the worst, I agree but they did not loose even a single quality because of those talkings.

But we? Can we have a look at pacers average in Ind-SL-Bang series? PATHETIC.

Thanks for those wonderful comments on your country, Mr. India hater (in the disguise of an Indian fan). If you hate the team so much, why the heck you show yourself as an Indian fan?

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Failraj is just proving time and time again..why he doesnt deserve to be anywhere near the test arena...

I agree with this. Get him out of the test team. He is one big show off these days! He is setting himself up for another drop from the national team altogether.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

second that !

I third that!

SaiSrini added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Wonder if Sehwag will have learnt his lesson though after today's batting performance ;)

NO! He will speak similar things later if he feels like it.

To be honest, i'd still say that Bangladesh are odrinary. On the day the Indian batting was poor,fact accepted,but Test matches are won over 5 days.

I have never before seen sch reaction from PC Members in the past when India was bowled out for 76 v SAF, or when the opposition team raked up 400 runs in a single day.

No fault of Sehwag's in saying so. Invert the current situation. Had Banlga been batting n been bowled out for 50,I wonder what you gys would have said.

Come on Bangladesh, id love to see them win and show exactly why India arent worthy contenders to the number one spot... no commitment, no teamwork

Sore loser....on losing the No.1 spot to our team.

I express my inability to understand how a team is not worthy enough after having just one bad day.

6 down 14 to go :p

1 2 3 Go Ordinary

You are right, 14 more.
Sehwag talked about you lot taking 20,lets see how the second innings square up.

Thanks for those wonderful comments on your country, Mr. India hater (in the disguise of an Indian fan). If you hate the team so much, why the heck you show yourself as an Indian fan?

Hating the politics in Indian cricket doesn't mean the hatred for country. :sarcasm Prove me a point wrong in your quoted post, I won't open my mouth even if India wins the next world cup.:)

Last edited:
** cough ** cough ** I am not understanding those words. ** cough ** cough *** Or you speaking greek & latin? :rtfl

By the way collapse doesn't include a failure of 10 batsmen :sarcasm 2 - 3 quick breakthroughs, we can call it a collapse. Falling of 10 batsmen all together is, falling like pack of cards is what it's generally known as. :sarcasm Don't cover up guys. Accept the fact that, Bangladesh & Sachin alone were brilliant today.

After seeing the legendary Sachin taking the Indian line up alone, I now wish to see his century but it's too big ask.

Maybe you got to let that cough out and properly watch the game to see that our bowlers are not as bad as you make them out to be.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

i dont know why but i really want india to lose the no.1 tag.
with such a shambolic bowling lineup....we dont deserve to be even in the top 3.

We havent even bowled yet. Whats so shambolic? Zaheer, Sreesanth, Ishant, Harbhajan, Ojha, Mishra are pretty decent enough in tests. Are you mixing our ODI/T20 bowling performance with tests?

TBH I think we should try to forget Sehwag's comments and stop being too harsh on him. He was obviously trying to get Bangladeshis into a mind game cause he said before the tri-series that Bangladesh can be a dangerous side on their day and now he's saying they've got no chances in test matches and ended up being a bit too harsh (That is understandable cause he's an Indian and doesn't know how to sledge).

Then why does Australia deserve the #1 tag? They also lost to us in India, they lost to South Africa at home and they lost the Ashes. South Africa couldn't finish the job against England and Australia beat them pretty comfortably in South Africa.

You should stop being so skeptical. There may be no clear #1 for the long term but India has done enough to deserve it for the time being.

:clap:hpraise:clap:hpraise Well said!

SaiSrini added 4 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Hating the politics in Indian cricket doesn't mean the hatred for country. :sarcasm Prove me a point wrong in your quoted post, I won't open my mouth even if India wins the next world cup.:)

Politics are not played by most people in the team. Its all being done in the background by other people. That doesnt mean you throw all sorts of mud on your country. And first of all, you are just having a very wrong perception of our fast bowlers from the very start. In fact I am starting to give a little too much respect to our fast bowlers after reading your comments. THEY ARE JUST NOT AS BAD AS YOU MAKE IT OUT TO BE!

TBH I think we should try to forget Sehwag's comments and stop being too harsh on him. He was obviously trying to get Bangladeshis into a mind game cause he said before the tri-series that Bangladesh can be a dangerous side on their day and now he's saying they've got no chances in test matches and ended up being a bit too harsh (That is understandable cause he's an Indian and doesn't know how to sledge).

The game is still not over, and Sehwag's comments of how BD cant take 20 wkts has still not been proved wrong. BD have won a day. Lets see the rest of the days before saying if Sehwag was right or wrong.

Maybe you got to let that cough out and properly watch the game to see that our bowlers are not as bad as you make them out to be.

Spinners have got the majority of wickets & not the pacers on Indian flat tracks which the original poster was quoting at. Who can hate Jumbo/Bhaji. They did the destruction job for us & not the pacers. When others always expect bowlers like Johnson, Lee, Steyn, Morkel to get 5-fer, we expected spin twins to share atleast 15 wickets between them. ( Am still referring the original post which stated that we have the ability to take 20 wickets in our flat tracks )

Had enough of those pace bowlers. Don't want to see them even if they take 10 wickets in 10 balls. I was just seeing the match today because Sachin was batting. If he had got out, I wouldn't even bothered to chip into this thread. As long as Sachin is there, I would watch cricket after that .. it's over for me! :)

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

My reaction was same even when Ponting spoke low about Bangladesh in 2007. Sehwag or Ponting or whoever, if a respect with others is lowered, there is no point in showing off the talent when one lacks a character.

I never underestimated our spinners. They have been the biggest key for the 20 wickets which you say. That is the main reason which we fail to succeed in abroad conditions which is spinner unfriendly. As simple as that. :)

You clearly have`nt watched a lot of cricket in recent times, Suren. You cannot just win test series against sides only with spin. The series against Australia was won because of our seamers outbowling the Aussies. We won against SL mainly because Sreesanth and Zaheer both took 5ers in consecutive tests on pitches people like to label as flat even when they did produced results in 4 days.
You seem to overrate our spinners. HArbhajan and Mishra are no Murali/Warne in disguise. There are better spinners around in world cricket. To say taht it has only been spin bowling that has won us games is a purely misinformed comment. Do you mean to say that the matches we won at Perth, Nottingham, Joburg, Adelaide,Headingley over the past few years were due to matchwinning efforts from the spinners? Just check the records. Ishant and Zaheer were the man of the series in 2 consecutive home series against Englanda nd Australia last year. We won at GAlle because our seamers broke Sri Lanka`s back.

You just cannot look at the averages and come to a conclusion. Our seam/pace attack has performed well as a unit in TEST CRICKET and made an impact becasue of which we have consistently been a top 3 side. I repeat again, you do not win test matches purely because of spinners. I speak because I`ve watched all of India`s test matches over the past decade or so. We have the second most successful overseas record in the 2000s after Australia. So enough of the `we cannot take 20 wickets overseas` crap. You seem to be stuck in the 90s mindset when we never won a test match abroad. Also winning at home these days is far more tougher because there aren`t any of those dustbowls left in India these days.

Or simply the fact that you seem to have watched a of of ODI cricket played on flat tracks where our bowlers have got a stick. Most bowlers got hammered in those games.

Users who are viewing this thread