Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

They should think before opening their big mouth. Now guess who will be laughing. Even if india manage to win this in the end. Bangladesh has showed them they are not an ordinary side. Number 1 test team plays like this?

Only ordinary sides bask in the glory of a day or two's performance. So Bangladesh have not yet proved that they are better than being an ordinary side.

SaiSrini added 3 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

TBH Bangladesh has better pitches than india.

Dont move the discussions to the pitches. Even India has a Mohali, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Bangalore where pitches offer something to everyone. Infact I would say Indian pitches are better. One or two games dont make the whole country bad.

All this makes me get more angry at the BCCI. They dont schedule games at proper venues, they dont get their scheduling system right, and all it does is project a very wrong image of the country, which is DISGUSTING for the true Indian fan to see and read!!!

To be honest, I forgot how pacy is this Chepauk stadium next to my house. When I was studying, they did made some serious preparations to make it look like abroad pitch ( During one of the England series - Nasser Hussain's last visit to Chennai ), but now, I don't even remember it being a pacy pitch. :p

To be honest, I forgot how pacy is this Chepauk stadium next to my house. When I was studying, they did made some serious preparations to make it look like abroad pitch ( During one of the England series - Nasser Hussain's last visit to Chennai ), but now, I don't even remember it being a pacy pitch. :p

Chennai used to be a very good pitch. But the last test vs SA, it was a flat road (Sehwag got a triple hundred). I hope Chennai gets back to its usual self. It has hosted lot of classic matches (the last one was against Australia in 2001, the 2004 one also promised to be one before weather came in)

Waiting eagerly for Day 2. Expecting an Indian fightback. The spice has been added to what otherwise would have been a dull and boring series. BRING IT ON!

Sehwag still hasn't been proven wrong yet. :D

As I have said before, Bangladesh can beat top sides when they have luck. But not in Test cricket. Test cricket requires 5 days of luck for an underdog side which is pretty hard to come by when you're playing opposition that has proved itself internationally. I still think India is going to come back and win this game and if they don't, then they don't deserve to be considered one of the top teams in world cricket. Remember, Australia faced similar adversity on their last tour but came through.

All that said, Sehwag definitely proved his statements when he was batting. His 50 at greater than a run-a-ball really did make Bangladesh look ordinary and he gave his wicket away. But that's just his style of play.

Chennai used to be a very good pitch. But the last test vs SA, it was a flat road (Sehwag got a triple hundred). I hope Chennai gets back to its usual self. It has hosted lot of classic matches (the last one was against Australia in 2001, the 2004 one also promised to be one before weather came in)

Waiting eagerly for Day 2. Expecting an Indian fightback. The spice has been added to what otherwise would have been a dull and boring series. BRING IT ON!

Sine that SA test, Chepauk witnessed that classing in late 2008 between India and England. Fought over 5 days and India chasing down 387 on the last day against all odds. I think you forgot that test.

Had enough of those pace bowlers. Don't want to see them even if they take 10 wickets in 10 balls. I was just seeing the match today because Sachin was batting. If he had got out, I wouldn't even bothered to chip into this thread. As long as Sachin is there, I would watch cricket after that .. it's over for me! :)

That is such a terrible attitude. Sachin is not bigger than the team. Nobody is. He's not even the biggest reason we've been doing so well in test cricket.

As I have said before, Bangladesh can beat top sides when they have luck. But not in Test cricket. Test cricket requires 5 days of luck for an underdog side which is pretty hard to come by when you're playing opposition that has proved itself internationally. I still think India is going to come back and win this game and if they don't, then they don't deserve to be considered one of the top teams in world cricket. Remember, Australia faced similar adversity on their last tour but came through.

All that said, Sehwag definitely proved his statements when he was batting. His 50 at greater than a run-a-ball really did make Bangladesh look ordinary and he gave his wicket away. But that's just his style of play.

I think that is pretty offensive to any Bangladeshi's, Sohum, and actually quite arrogant. You say luck and are acting as if the Indian batsmen kept slipping over whilst running and getting run out, or being distracted behind the bowlers arm and being bowled. Bangladesh bowled well today (you don't just luck out with players like Gambhir and Dravid) and deserve the position they are in. It's not down to luck or any other silly reason like that.

Also, kudo's to Suren, for having the balls to stand up for his opinion and not be bullied down by the fan boys.....:sarcasm

who will get 5fw 1st? Shak or Sharpova?

man hopefully both. So glad that Sehwag failed once again against Bangladesh, makes his comments look even more stupid. Even if he gets a century in the 2nd innings this fail in the 1st makes it worth while. Good bowling by Shahadat and Shakib, I didn't expect Shahadat to be amongst the wickets after the way hes 1st over went but I guess he came back strong.

The pitch assisted the spinners a lot. IMO Pragyan Ojha would have been handy here. Anyway hoping that we manage to reach 300. Sachin needs to face more balls tommorow and tailenders just have to leave and block.

Bangladesh don't need luck to beat the top sides. They need consistency and experience. Too often the batsmen throw their wickets way or the bowlers suddenly look lost after a good partnership. But they have the talent and ability. With time and perseverance with one group of players, they can go far.

Here's hoping Bangla shoot India out quickly tomorrow and hopefully rack up a sizeable lead. From there they need to bowl well and make sure they set themselves a chaseable target...

That is such a terrible attitude. Sachin is not bigger than the team. Nobody is. He's not even the biggest reason we've been doing so well in test cricket.

Just because India is no 1 or no 10, I am not watching Sachin's gameplay FYI. ODI or Test or even pratice nets ( Yes, in school days, I cut my class to chip into Chepauk nets to just watch Sachin in the nets ), I always prefer to see him batting over any players. It's actually better for me to see than the lifeless pacers running to get beaten by quality opponents. :laugh No, not again!

Anyways, that's my personal interest & so, you stay out of it. :)

surendar added 5 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

I don't see Bangladesh anymore as an untalented side ( " respectable words are better than using, 'UNDERDOG!' phrase " ) . They just not getting the right guidance in right direction. They are very much talented side.

Last edited:
bangladesh's problem was imo, not that they were a week side when they started, they obviously were, but they also didn't seem to have any idea how to progress. That's why I think BD will do a lot better this decade, regardless of how you rate their side currently, they clearly do have an idea what it takes to progress. the other positive is they seem very committed to becoming better at test cricket.

They have a lot of young batsmen in the side, most who feel better just attacking but they are always talking about playing more balls, only attacking bad ones, maintaining consistency, learning stamina. Bowlers talk about line and length, not pace and turn.

They have learned what they need to do to progress.

I do feel some of the comments here are a little bit unfair. I don't think bangladesh bowled superbly, they bowled well and india did throw away a few wickets. but had the shoe been on the other foot, india bowling averagely and BD players throwing their wickets away then no one would have been surprised, it would all have been part of the script.

So, while india are massively more talented and still huge favourites for the match, the very least BD can do is make it so they actually have to play to that talent to beat them. So far, they haven't and BD have played sensible cricket, not brilliant, not even their best, and they are quite rightly ahead in this match.

man hopefully both. So glad that Sehwag failed once again against Bangladesh, makes his comments look even more stupid. Even if he gets a century in the 2nd innings this fail in the 1st makes it worth while. Good bowling by Shahadat and Shakib, I didn't expect Shahadat to be amongst the wickets after the way hes 1st over went but I guess he came back strong.

52 off more than a run a ball in a test match is not EXACTLY FAIL, SIR!!!

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

I think that is pretty offensive to any Bangladeshi's, Sohum, and actually quite arrogant. You say luck and are acting as if the Indian batsmen kept slipping over whilst running and getting run out, or being distracted behind the bowlers arm and being bowled. Bangladesh bowled well today (you don't just luck out with players like Gambhir and Dravid) and deserve the position they are in. It's not down to luck or any other silly reason like that.

Also, kudo's to Suren, for having the balls to stand up for his opinion and not be bullied down by the fan boys.....:sarcasm

Suren has good support and backing here from the 'India hate' boys. Its we who are trying to stand up to our opinion that Sehwag is not wrong with his opinion, India are still not undeserving of their latest "No. 1 tag" and that our fast bowlers are not as crappy as suren makes them out to be. I am just hoping that Zaheer and one of Sree or Ishant burst open Bangladesh and embarass Suren tomorrow (nothing personal though Suren;) )

SaiSrini added 3 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Thats not new. We saw how the Eden crowd reacted to our team when Saurav 'DADA' Ganguly was dropped from the team. One guy even went to the extent of back slapping Greg Chappell (not at Eden, at some other place). I am a Sachin fanatic too (I adore him the most), but if Sachin gets out for 0 in an ODI and India win that match, I would actually be delighted.

In India, superstars come first and then the country. Thats the sad plight

Last edited:
Thats not new. We saw how the Eden crowd reacted to our team when Saurav 'DADA' Ganguly was dropped from the team. One guy even went to the extent of back slapping Greg Chappell (not at Eden, at some other place). I am a Sachin fanatic too (I adore him the most), but if Sachin gets out for 0 in an ODI and India win that match, I would be delighted.

In India, superstars come first and then the country. Thats the sad plight

I have no problem with him being a Sachin fan. I was just slightly disgusted at the fact that he'd rather see Bangladesh winning and Sachin scoring a 100 than India winning and Sachin failing.

This isn't related to what we're discussing/debating but I think Suren is one of those blind followers you're talking about that don't realize that Dravid = Tendulkar in tests. No offense Suren, I respect you, just not your cricketing opinions (sometimes).

Users who are viewing this thread