Classic Mafia 02 - The End

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Obviously most people know you and Abhas seem to have something of a playful 'hatred' for each other, there are certainly members in the game who don't know this. Thus, I wanted to take the focus off you, as I found there was no reason whatsoever to go after you and I didn't want the newer guys doing that. Thus I went for the one guy that I thought it would make any sense to go after, hedger. Now however, I guess I've done the opposite, and people are wondering why I lynched hedger and the heat has been taken off him.

A FOS was probably more appropriate in hindsight, but I like to get things moving and going after you is certainly not the direction I wanted to be taken at this stage.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Thus I went for the one guy that I thought it would make any sense to go after, hedger.

So how did that make sense?
hus, I wanted to take the focus off you, as I found there was no reason whatsoever to go after you

So no reason to even bother reaction testing them or just seeing how it played out even but reason to lynch me cause I hadn't confirmed my role?

but I like to get things moving and going after you is certainly not the direction I wanted to be taken at this stage.

This kinda is bothering me. You don't want to go after him? Why is that. You should be wanting to go after mafia and you can't rule anybody of being mafia 10 seconds into day 1. And what's the difference between him and me, we're both good experienced players, so really I have no idea what you're trying to get to with any of your actions.

I think Abhas is trying to get more info, if any about the role from Sulaiman. That surely wasn't a defence post from him.

Abhas seems pretty eager early on. At the moment, I feel like he's either being too eager as a townie and trying to pick up on anything that is scummy (Like I did last game on day 1), or is mafia trying to subtly rolefish and especially since there was a doc save, mafia really would need a town lynched today if they want to win. But atm, it really could go either way so not really going to dwell on that.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Because there was absolutely no evidence AT ALL to go after User. It was a joke lynch, and new players always take those the wrong way, hell even some of the quite touchy experienced players take it the wrong way. I am sure you aren't a power role, so that means there is a slightly higher chance of you being Mafia than someone else. What can I say, I'm a man of statistics. Like I said though, pressure has now been taken off you by me lynching you, the pressure is seemingly more on me now for bringing it up.

The query I raised about you is a valid one, but all it really does is confirm you aren't cop or doctor which isn't much.

----------

If you can't follow this logic then I don't know what to say.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Great start there, firstly no kill secondly the quick response.
Yeah, it probably is a good move by the Doc/the mafia(s) are playing smart.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Ofcourse User's lynch was a joke lynch. First post on day 1, you don't expect a lynch with a lot of thought-through analysis do you?
I FOSed thedon so that we have something to discuss about.
Also, I'm not trying to fish for roles from anyone, I'm trying to start a discussion.

Woah no but this is hard aggression from you.
Sulaiman, How am I being aggressive?

Neither is lynching User, though I know you have some sort of vendetta against him.
What do we start talking about then, the weather?

Look, this game doesn't have writeups, neither do we have the fancy roles which can give us some information. The only way to get any clues is using the discussion we're having now. Day 1 has the best discussion from a neutral perspective, and it is important we don't shy away from it.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sulaiman, How am I being aggressive?

You lynching User in the first seemed aggressive , you could have FOSed you know if you really wanted the ball to go to a direction.....and so could have thedon done that.....lynching someone without any information about him could result in death and a loss.

FOS: thedon

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
You do not delete or edit your posts in a mafia game, Sulaiman!

I agree with Abhas that we should get the discussion going as day 1 posts always help towards the later stages of the game. Thing is we don't get much discussion going if we don't target anyone. So, it was a valid move maybe. Don is also correct in his view that newer players do tend to follow the bandwagon.

I am suspicious of Yash actually. He has posted maybe the most known and useless stuff! Subtly trying to blend in and show he is active?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
The query I raised about you is a valid one, but all it really does is confirm you aren't cop or doctor which isn't much.

And I brought up an equally valid point. In this setup, vanillas are just as important because mafia cc's cop most of the time (when doc saves though, mafia doesn't always claim in hope to kill doc that night).

Also, I received my role before the game commenced (when people were confirming), I forgot to confirm it in the thread though since it was late at night when I checked it. I mean it kind of rules me out as cop and doc since I probably would have checked the thread to see who was playing but still.

And yeah, both Yash and Simon haven't added anything.

In response to Yash, mafia doesn't gain much by no killing night 1. There's a 1/3 chance doc protects mafia, but a 2/3 chance they protect town and at the cost of giving a mislynch to the town. I mean it's not completely out of the question but it's not optimal for mafia.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
And I brought up an equally valid point. In this setup, vanillas are just as important because mafia cc's cop most of the time (when doc saves though, mafia doesn't always claim in hope to kill doc that night).

Also, I received my role before the game commenced (when people were confirming), I forgot to confirm it in the thread though since it was late at night when I checked it. I mean it kind of rules me out as cop and doc since I probably would have checked the thread to see who was playing but still.

And yeah, both Yash and Simon haven't added anything.

In response to Yash, mafia doesn't gain much by no killing night 1. There's a 1/3 chance doc protects mafia, but a 2/3 chance they protect town and at the cost of giving a mislynch to the town. I mean it's not completely out of the question but it's not optimal for mafia.

Well because Yudi said "As soon as power roles are sent in we can go to the next day", I assumed that whoever didn't check in is unlikely to have a power role. In any case, there is only a 2/7 chance of anyone having a power role...

Probably all I've done by doing this is protect you from a night kill if you're town! Mafia will no doubt be after the power roles.

Anyway, a FOS if anything was probably a better choice. Sorry, I'm rusty, died on night 1 in the last couple of games I think:D.

----------

You do not delete or edit your posts in a mafia game, Sulaiman!

I agree with Abhas that we should get the discussion going as day 1 posts always help towards the later stages of the game. Thing is we don't get much discussion going if we don't target anyone. So, it was a valid move maybe. Don is also correct in his view that newer players do tend to follow the bandwagon.

I am suspicious of Yash actually. He has posted maybe the most known and useless stuff! Subtly trying to blend in and show he is active?

IIRC yash is a new player. Newer players tend to be all over the place and since they don't have a clue just check in with meaningless posts whether they are Mafia or not as they want to contribute. The same can be said about Sulaiman's recent little attack and 'suspicions'. Simon though tends to do the opposite, very rarely checks in unless he has something to add.

I would be more worried if a more experienced player was doing that, but to me from the last few games I've realised you can't really get much of a read on the newer players at all early on. In any case, I'm sure if a newer player was part of a Mafia team, there would also be one more experienced Mafioso helping them, and obviously this more experienced player is the much bigger scalp.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
there would also be one more experienced Mafioso helping them

You can't say that , what if both the mafias are new players ? as the roles have been generated by a random number as Yudi said.

Anyway, a FOS if anything was probably a better choice. Sorry, I'm rusty, died on night 1 in the last couple of games I think

And so did I died in my last mafia game.

Probably all I've done by doing this is protect you from a night kill if you're town! Mafia will no doubt be after the power roles.

This means the doc saved the cop , right ?

Users who are viewing this thread