Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, FRANCE

I'll be honest, from what I've seen of him in these two games he hasn't looked spectacular. But if you're scoring nearly 50 goals in a season you have to be good.

Could say the same about Rooney - but we all know he's good. Maybe he's just having trouble getting started - like Rooney. Still, Wayne's only had one game...

Hope some of you are watching this one. Great game, end to end, very pacy! And the best thing: I can hear singing and chanting from the Mexicans!! Yes, at last! Singing!:happy

It was very pacy and end-to-end but the last 15 minutes were boring. France look very poor once again. It's a shame Vela had to go off, he was the one man who could have beaten the French defenders and was a good outlet over the top for the Mexican midfielders. One chance and Mexico could win this so France really need to up their game.

Yeah, really wouldn't surprise me if France don't get through this group. Isn't amazing how up and down they can be. Final one year, out in the first round the next tournament...what will it be this time. They have certainly got a mass of talent.

Finally a really good match. Mexico looking the better team here; awful from France. In defence they have been dreadful being split open at will by Mexico at times.

Finally a really good match. Mexico looking the better team here; awful from France. In defense they have been dreadful being split open at will by Mexico at times.

The Mexicans have amazing technical ability. Some of the balls they pluck out the air and get under immediate control is great to see. they turn defense into attack so quickly!

I would make a change at half time if I was the Mexican manager: Blanco on for Franco. I haven't been impressed by Franco, he's on a yellow and he's given away a few fouls since. Blanco is an exceptional play-maker and you can let dos Santos and Barrera do the running.

Anelka off for Gigniac. He is a good player but I might have stuck with Anelka for longer.

Mmm, lots of mexicans on yellow. Could prove significant. the push just now from the Mexican striker is just so stupid, so stupid.....

This ref is just content on giving freekicks that aren't even there. Just play advantage man. My mum could do a better job than he is at the moment.

This ref is just content on giving freekicks that aren't even there. Just play advantage man. My mum could do a better job than he is at the moment.

Yep, I am just waiting for him to have a really stupid influence on the outcome of this game. You can see it coming...

....and when he blows his whistle he does it about 5 or 6 times.:noway

dutchad added 7 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Oh France, oh France........do they have a coach!!!???

The game needed that! Shocking defending, he should never be onside like that. C'mon France, let's see what you've got chasing a game...

The Mexicans have amazing technical ability. Some of the balls they pluck out the air and get under immediate control is great to see. they turn defense into attack so quickly!

And we beat them 3-0 at Wembley. Or was it 3-1? Can't remember. :)

3-1, and still everyone thought we were ████. Mexico are a quality side and that was an excellent result.

Oooh nearly 2-0! Where is Henri?? Why isn't he on the freakin' pitch??

Users who are viewing this thread