Group G - BRAZIL, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portugal

Ronaldinho is past his best and let's face it, not everyone wants to see his donkey-face on television for the entire tournament.

He has bucketloads of skill but I simply don't believe he is a justified selection anymore.

I do wonder sometimes if people have actually followed the Brazil side under Dunga, expecting Ronaldinho, Pato, Adriano etc to be selected.

Actually screw that, if they've even followed football in recent times.

This ain't 2006. Everyone saw what happened last time when they tried to fit Ronaldinho, Kaka, Robinho, Adriano and Ronaldo in the same side. They ended up with a very top heavy, unbalanced side.

I don't particularly like Dunga but he's created a well oiled unit and it wouldn't surprise me if they won it this year.

Brazil will hope they win this group. Since with Spain likely likely to win their group & thus have to play the second place in this group. Brazil woudn't want to be that team.

Yeah. While Spain got a good group they face the prospect of an early elimination from the tournament if they have to play Brazil or Portugal. You'd think they would beat Portugal comfortably but you never know.

I do wonder sometimes if people have actually followed the Brazil side under Dunga, expecting Ronaldinho, Pato, Adriano etc to be selected.

Actually screw that, if they've even followed football in recent times.

This ain't 2006. Everyone saw what happened last time when they tried to fit Ronaldinho, Kaka, Robinho, Adriano and Ronaldo in the same side. They ended up with a very top heavy, unbalanced side.

I don't particularly like Dunga but he's created a well oiled unit and it wouldn't surprise me if they won it this year.

All true. But really are the likes of Grafite & Nilmar playing that well to keep Ronaldinho & Pato out of the squad?. I dont know man. I honestly think Dunga is being stubborn with his non-selection of Ronaldinho especially TBH.

brazil have always played better when a coach that's prepared to ignore the reputations comes in.

however, this is one of the first times I've looked at brazil's forwards and thought meh. They are well behind Argentina this year (unfortunately argentina has made the stupidest, most sentimental choice possible for coach)

Portugal 0 - 0 Cape Verde

I have more faith in Ivory Coast getting through this group than the Portuguese. Bit surprised Moutinho isn't in the squad, but oh well...Queiroz is a hapless coach in any case. Should just go back to being Fergusion's number 2. He's just so much better at being a number 2 and scouting good talent and all that jazz.

Portugal 0 - 0 Cape Verde

I have more faith in Ivory Coast getting through this group than the Portuguese. Bit surprised Moutinho isn't in the squad, but oh well...Queiroz is a hapless coach in any case. Should just go back to being Fergusion's number 2. He's just so much better at being a number 2 and scouting good talent and all that jazz.
Not really. Got overrated by the media and has had a couple of mediocre seasons since.

Brazil and Portugal to go through. It will a big disappointment for each team if they didn't go through.

I'm tipping Brazil to win it. Dunga has the perfect player for each role in his system. It works out brilliantly for them. A tireless box to box midfielder (Ramires and Elano), a deep ball player (Melo), an experienced anchor man who can drop into defence (Gilberto), two attacking wing backs (Maicon, Alves and Bastos), a dictating playmaker (Kaka), a hybrid winger-forward in (Robinho) and an allround goalscorer (Luis Fabiano).

My only concern with Brazil is when they play defensive sides, considering their counter attacking nature. It could be difficult for them to get results out of these games. However, with the genuine quality of Robinho, Kaka, Fabiano and Ramires/Elano I can see them getting goals in still.

I would say the winner of Ivory Coast vs Portugal will go through the second round. So it's already an important match.

Last match in this group is Brazil vs Portugal. Before that match Brazil should have been already qualified. Otherwhile they were really in trouble, especially when Portugal will must win that match.

A lot depends on this group to get the WC moving, most of the games have been so dull so far.

Users who are viewing this thread