Group G - BRAZIL, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portugal

Eriksson has to be the worst coach making big money in the world. What has he won with anybody to deserve 2 million euros for 3 months. Their previous coach lost one game and he got fired for this useless tool. Worst coach ever.

Ivory Coast have abandoned football and gone into kick boxing. Other teams beware, this Brazil side is going to take some beating!

Oh Kaka, what A Dick Cheyney!!!! So stupid. That puts him out of the last 16. Why do something like that!?

Oh Kaka, what A Dick Cheyney!!!! So stupid. That puts him out of the last 16. Why do something like that!?

Why do what? He did nothing! He barely touches him, Keita actually just runs into him. They have shown it over and over again on the BBC, the ref is not even looking at the player, and the thing the analysis team fail to notice is that neither are any of the players.

Absolutely no one is looking at that part of play, the only idea anyone has of that incident is his reaction, and the way that Keita goes down and has his hands, he can see that everyone is coming towards him and is clearly acting, a la England vs Portugal in 2006.

It's absolutely disgraceful! He clearly exploited a volatile situation, it's clever I will give Keita that. He has noted the tension rising and the ref would obviously think at that time that something like that would happen away from his view.

Why do what? He did nothing! He barely touches him, Keita actually just runs into him. They have shown it over and over again on the BBC, the ref is not even looking at the player, and the thing the analysis team fail to notice is that neither are any of the players.

Absolutely no one is looking at that part of play, the only idea anyone has of that incident is his reaction, and the way that Keita goes down and has his hands, he can see that everyone is coming towards him and is clearly acting, a la England vs Portugal in 2006.

It's absolutely disgraceful! He clearly exploited a volatile situation, it's clever I will give Keita that. He has noted the tension rising and the ref would obviously think at that time that something like that would happen away from his view.

Well he was being a bit of a spoilt brat through-out the second half and on a number of occassions got close to the mark. It all adds up in the referee's mind and when something happens, however slight, it tips the referee over. The coach or captain or somebody should have had a quiet word with him and told him to watch it. The rule is clear: any physical contact, any attempt to attack a player, however slight, is a yellow card or red card offence.

The rule is clear: any physical contact, any attempt to attack a player, however slight, is a yellow card or red card offence.

Okay, I play football in our school team, so if I am to run into a player, and he has attempted no malice, the ref hasn't seen it, and I go down and start crying and tell my mummy I think I have chipped my tooth and my 75,000 pounds a week won't cover it, the guy should get a yellow?

That isn't a fair comparison Ollie. The game is totally different at the level we play (used to play in my case :p) compared to professional football. There is the argument that it shouldn't be, but it will always be that way.

Okay, I play football in our school team, so if I am to run into a player, and he has attempted no malice, the ref hasn't seen it, and I go down and start crying and tell my mummy I think I have chipped my tooth and my 75,000 pounds a week won't cover it, the guy should get a yellow?

In your case definitely!:p
Listen, I dont like this kind of thing either but he dished it out as much as he got it. Until those in charge are willing to really stamp this kind of thing out (pardon the pun) it is going to be abused. Maybe they will resort to some kind of replay appeal thing in the future. At the moment though a player needs to know that when he walks close to the line he is going to fall over the edge sometimes.

This is why every game should be reviewed and suspensions handed out for dives. No player will dive if they risk being suspended for one match.

It's Rivaldo all over again - the guy gets clipped in the chest, or on his shoulder, and he goes down holding his face!

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

This is why every game should be reviewed and suspensions handed out for dives. No player will dive if they risk being suspended for one match.

Absolutely - good post.

That isn't a fair comparison Ollie. The game is totally different at the level we play (used to play in my case :p) compared to professional football. There is the argument that it shouldn't be, but it will always be that way.

Okay, it's not truly representative but it's still the same. There was clearly no malice in what Kaka was doing, Keita just exploited a tense explosive situation.

In your case definitely!:p
Listen, I dont like this kind of thing either but he dished it out as much as he got it. Until those in charge are willing to really stamp this kind of thing out (pardon the pun) it is going to be abused. Maybe they will resort to some kind of replay appeal thing in the future. At the moment though a player needs to know that when he walks close to the line he is going to fall over the edge sometimes.

I know it gets abused, and that's what really grinds my gears. It clearly wasn't a bookable offence.

Okay, it's not truly representative but it's still the same. There was clearly no malice in what Kaka was doing, Keita just exploited a tense explosive situation.

I know it gets abused, and that's what really grinds my gears. It clearly wasn't a bookable offense.

My point still is though that the referee would have added all the little things up, even if not consciously, and would have thought: mmm I saw this and that and that so he will probably have done this as well.

I know that it isn't right and Kaka can feel hard done by but on the other hand he has to look at himself and realise that he at the very least caused the referee to look at him from a negative point of view.

I am not disagreeing with you in principal but as a coach I would feel disappointed with the inability of Kaka to just keep quiet and out of view.

Users who are viewing this thread