Group G - BRAZIL, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portugal

Yeah agree. Has been a pretty poor start to the world cup with some very poor games.

Come on Cote D'Ivoire!

I would say the winner of Ivory Coast vs Portugal will go through the second round. So it's already an important match.

Last match in this group is Brazil vs Portugal. Before that match Brazil should have been already qualified. Otherwhile they were really in trouble, especially when Portugal will must win that match.

Sadly there were no winner. Looks like second place will be interesting (assuming Brazil win all of their games) :yes

Terrible game, the only good thing about the game was that Ronaldo shot. The ball hardly even stays on the field :facepalm

Come on Brazil get a 5-0 victory, show us your flair :happy

lol@ Brazil, couldn't even dominate the match against Korea !!

Well done North korea. Very well organised and they seem to be a good team in good spirits. trouble is you never know if it is a put on or they have got orders from back home. Anyway they played well. Interestingly I heard that the North Koreans had hired in Chinese supporters,d ressed them up in red and stuck them in the stands. No one from North Korea is allowed to be there of course and if they show any pictures from the game (It certainly wasnt shown live) they want to be able to show a few shots of adoring fans....how low can you go???

Kaka was very disappointing, all he was doing was roaming around the field. A good game though, finally :)

The first goal by Maicon was an absolute beauty :)
Brazil needed that wonder goal to break the sturdy Koreans :yes

I do wonder if he really meant it...was it really meant to go in like that....just before he shoots he looks up to where his teammates are....meh, doesn't matter ...it was a great goal

Did anyone notice the North Korean fan with the poster saying "Kim Jong-Il thinks I'm at work"? :laugh Brilliant.

Good stuff from the Koreans, wasn't expecting such a fight, but for those who don't know, they only conceded 7 goals in 14 qualification matches. Asian defences are usually not that good, even in qualification, so that's pretty impressive. They also have some highly rated young player...whose name I've forgotten. The commentator may have well been saying random syllables for the North Korean players, and he'd probably get away with it!

Again I would say not a great game.
Koreans showed much fight than expected.

The two goals were really good to see but at the end it should have been more interesting.

Here is the line up for Korean team :p

Starting lineup: Ri, Cha, Pak, Ri, Ji, Ri, Mun, Pak, An, Hong, Jong

subs: Nam, Kim, Kim, Kim, Pak, Ri, Kim, An, Ri, Choe, Pak

:laugh

I do wonder if he really meant it...was it really meant to go in like that....just before he shoots he looks up to where his teammates are....meh, doesn't matter ...it was a great goal

He scored one just like it a few years ago vs Portugal, so I think he did mean it.

No real surprises in that match, everything was as expected. Dunno why the ITV commentators were going crazy about the fact that Brazil hadn't scored. Korea were playing 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders. Good effort from Korea but ultimately Brazil were patient and were rewarded. The major problem with a 5/3 man defence is that the full backs can really push far on and that's what Maicon did for the goal.

Yesterday it was reported that 4 North Koreans were missing. A South Korean reporter found out that on the FIFA sheet these 4 names weren't listed.

Users who are viewing this thread