LeftArmFast wins the 2nd Monty Burns Cup

hmm... so you've decided to left me out :(

Sorry mate, but I picked people based of their activity on PC and how active they are on PSN. Both you and amjad9 are very inactive and I wanted to make this a very lightening quick tournament before the patch. This should be over in a matter of days. Will be sure to include you if you reply to the confirmation next time. I did not even include Aslett (who won the last PC tournament) because he is inactive on PC.

Just finished my match against cheesesarni

SA (xXFAZZYXx) - 158 all out
Austraila (cheesesarni) - 53 all out
Melbourne - Afternoon - Day 4 pitch

SA won the toss and elected to bat first. Great bowling by Australia never let any of SA batsman set but each one were pitching in 20-30 runs at good rate which helped the score. Australia were getting wickets on regular intervals but late flurry from the tailenders helped SA set score on 158. In reply, Australia started well with the bat. But once wicket started falling it was always a tough task to chase those runs. Late runouts helped SA wrap up the innings

Screenshot has been attached

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    408.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Ah the much anticipated match! Congrats Faz, and well done to beat cheesesarni. You are pretty much through to the semis, barring unlikely circumstances.

Finished my last match of this round with gunner_3sp_glow

India (xXFAZZYXx) ------- 252/4
NZ (gunner_3sp_glow) --- 79 all out
Lord's - Day 4

India won the toss and elected to bat first. With default fields used by both sides it was always going to be high scoring match. India had a good start scoring 93 runs in first 10 overs but once Gambhir was set it was a slogathon scoring 15-20 runs per over to post 252/4. In reply NZ had a positive start with some good cover drives and on drives. But in the second over NZ lost 2 wickets to Zaheer Khan. After that total became too much to chase and NZ kept losing wickets to spinners.

Screenshot attached

I guess now I advance into semi's and wait till all the matches in this round is over. Until then it will be me and uncharted 2. Good luck to all the guys and hope to have another good fight in semi's

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    400.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Faz is on fire, them 3/1 odds looking very generous indeed, well played mate

Faz is on fire, them 3/1 odds looking very generous indeed, well played mate

Thanks. Last night match with you bumped up my confidence for today. Plus it was always gonna be special and take something special playing cheese again.
But I might also be a Semi's choker so who knows. Hope we play again gougie

gougie (S.A.) 128 all out 18.3 overs
E-N-I-G-M-A (AUS) 45 all out 12.3

Great bowling performances from both teams, made scoring really difficult, throw in a few run outs, and inevatably you have a low scoring match, but S.A managed to get 2 or 3 decent partneships together, thanks mainly to the MOM performance of Albie Morkel, who scored 40 ish with the tail to get S.A upto 128, and then a first ball run out, and a steady fall of wickets,put AUS on the back foot, which cleared the way for Morkel to have a bowl, and he went on to kill any hopes AUS had, by taking 3/14 and cleaning them up for 45 in 12.3 overs.

Xtremedesix (England) - 106 all out in 20 overs
E.N.G.I.M.A (New Zealand) - 31 all out in 7.1 overs

Very Tight bowling from NZ made run scoring hard for English batsman. By the end of power play England could only manage 20-2, then peterson settled down making 30 of 33 balls but tight bowling from obreen(taking 5 wickets of 6 runs in 4 overs) only saw England at 60 odd of 15 overs .Late fireworks by Flintoff got England to a pretty defendable target of 106..

England was Tight on their bowling with taking regular wickets, Key man was Sidebottom who took 6 wickets for 22 runs, never let any NZlanders settle and in the end England won comfortably in a low scoring match.

Attachments

• photomatch.jpg
    photomatch.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Yeah great game Gougie ... very good bowling and extremely well batted ;)

Backed up straight after with a loss to xtremexdesix... who also played fantastically and scored a comfortable win.

Two great games where honestly needed to be at best to compete, but was outplayed and outclassed on both occasions.... hats off to the boys, good wins ;)

As for me, probably a day I should have just stayed in bed :facepalm

Wow guys, what a match. The late barrage for Flintoff probably won the game. Crazy how ENIGMA got bowled out even before the 1st change.

Well played Sahil, group A looks very interesting now. Playing Gougie on Wed and Enigma on Thurs.

Fixing first post tonight, points table and stats will be up.

gunner Vs xXfazzXx....

well played my son. never have i been hit around the park like that before. It destroyed my confidence, suddenly I had no plan!!! and more and more weak balls followed as I tried something.... anything!!!

having seen how you performed against cheeseey, I now feel bad because i virtually gave up.... shocking.

gunner Vs xXfazzXx....

well played my son. never have i been hit around the park like that before. It destroyed my confidence, suddenly I had no plan!!! and more and more weak balls followed as I tried something.... anything!!!

having seen how you performed against cheeseey, I now feel bad because i virtually gave up.... shocking.

Keep your confidence mate. I have been thrashed so many times by hmarka and couple of times by cheese and others. You just learn from it and do better next time. You bowled well in patches but once the batsmen were set it always always going to be tough. It was the first time we played each other and I hope to play with you more often.

Wow guys, what a match. The late barrage for Flintoff probably won the game. Crazy how ENIGMA got bowled out even before the 1st change.

Well played Sahil, group A looks very interesting now. Playing Gougie on Wed and Enigma on Thurs.

Fixing first post tonight, points table and stats will be up.

ya def it does. if u beat gougie tomm then it would be a knock out for me and gougie but if he beats you,which he is quite capable of then that would be hot lol

Just finished my match against cheesesarni

SA (xXFAZZYXx) - 158 all out
Austraila (cheesesarni) - 53 all out
Melbourne - Afternoon - Day 4 pitch

SA won the toss and elected to bat first. Great bowling by Australia never let any of SA batsman set but each one were pitching in 20-30 runs at good rate which helped the score. Australia were getting wickets on regular intervals but late flurry from the tailenders helped SA set score on 158. In reply, Australia started well with the bat. But once wicket started falling it was always a tough task to chase those runs. Late runouts helped SA wrap up the innings

Screenshot has been attached

It is a sad day for The Sarni Fan Club and Sarni lovers everywhere! But do not dispair for he is not just some ordinary sandwich! No, he is The Sarni, made of true Yorkshire grit! C'mon The Sarni! (Pull yer bloody socks up!):)

I reckon Cheesi is still favored to make it to the semis, will take something special from Params and Gunner to stop him.

Users who are viewing this thread