Pakistan in India

I cannot believe the knee-jerk reactions in here like "Zaheer Khan should be dropped from tests" etc. I would laugh but some of these statements are actually serious!

I cannot believe the knee-jerk reactions in here like "Zaheer Khan should be dropped from tests" etc. I would laugh but some of these statements are actually serious!

His place should be in question for ODIs, but he should be second on the team sheet (after Kumble, the skipper) for Tests.

You know what would you think this would be a good idea guys:

ODIs: Asim Kamal IN
Mohammad Yousuf OUT

Tests: Asim Kamal IN
Mohammad Yousuf IN
Shahid Afridi OUT

My Squad for NEXT ODI

1. Sourav
2. Sachin
3. Gambhir
4. Dhoni
5. Yuvraj
6. Uthappa
7. Pathan
8. Harbhajan
9. Murali Kartik
10. RP Singh
11. Sreesanth

We should rest Zaheer for the next one/two matches and try Sreesanth.

Last edited:
You know what would you think this would be a good idea guys:

ODIs: Asim Kamal IN
Mohammad Yousuf OUT

nah...i would much rather take kamran akmal out and put another keeper in...who has been doing good in the pakistani domestic season...

My Squad for NEXT ODI

1. Sourav
2. Sachin
3. Gambhir
4. Dhoni
5. Yuvraj
6. Uthappa
7. Pathan
8. Harbhajan
9. Murali Kartik
10. RP Singh
11. Sreesanth

We should rest Zaheer for the next one/two matches and try Sreesanth.

RP Singh and Sreesanth is an accident waiting to happen since both are often very expensive and rarely do they pick up many wickets.

RP Singh and Sreesanth is an accident waiting to happen since both are often very expensive and rarely do they pick up many wickets.

We have no other choice mate. Zaheer really needs a rest. We can try Praven Kumar but would'nt that be too risky?

We have no other choice mate. Zaheer really needs a rest. We can try Praven Kumar but would'nt that be too risky?

Why would it be too risky? Kumar can hold his place in the side as an Afridi-like slogger (yes, I know he is not as good) who can bowl abit. The difference being that Kumar is a strike bowler for both Utter Pradesh and India A - who have been in magnificent form.

Praveen Kumar dominated in the Challenger Trophy with late swing and good accuracy. Both skills translate into international cricket. On the other hand, if he was bowling 140kph and troubling them with pace alone, he should not be selected, but obviously, that is not the case.

Why? Yousuf is naturally a Test Match player. He is quite slow in One-day matches.

First of all Asmin Kamal isn?t a ODI player, I don't like him that much, he is 31 years old. Not a great fielder. common we'd rather have a young Player who is fast, better fielder, and ofcorse Asim Kamal wasn?t played much by PCB.. so don't need him no more.

No, Yousuf should play ODI because, he is one of our key key players.. our batting is really weak without him.

If you want new batsman try some new young ones.. Pakistan's U19 is really good just to let you know.

Afridi is a ODI player, we need him. End of the he is going to change the game, either by his bowling or batting.

Shahid Afridi deserves to be playing just due to his bowling.

He deserves the place because of his hard hitting, and super bowling. So many times he has influenced us to win.. Even his fast 20/30 runs make a difference.

Last edited:
well he is not a "terrific" test player, yeah good if he scores some runs and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread