Pakistan in India

P Kumar and Sree should play next match, instead of Zaheer and RP.

^^ :mad:

If Pakistan work with Sohail Tanvir in his batting, then he can become of of the best all-rounders for Pakistan in a long while.

yes he can, But only if this guy has some natural talent. :mad

Praveen Kumar dominated in the Challenger Trophy with late swing and good accuracy. Both skills translate into international cricket. On the other hand, if he was bowling 140kph and troubling them with pace alone, he should not be selected, but obviously, that is not the case.

Heard enough of it.

* Zaheer when he came.. was magnificent in form and was bowling 145 and now he is struggling. But in Tests, i find him good though.

* Pathan when he came.. was magnificent in form and was bowling 140+ and now no aggression and has only accuracy which is not going to help always.

* Munaf when he came.. was magnificent in form was was impressive with speed and reverse swing.. and now he is gone without any address.

* I.Sharma when he came.. had so many expectations .. was magnificent in domestic level.. and was not so impressive against Bangladesh itself.

* VRV Singh. when he came... was dominating for India (A side or U19 WCup..am not sure) side and was one of the leading wicket takers in domestic level ..but his bowling was even more worse than Munaf's in international level.

* RP Singh.. when he came .. got many price wickets.. struggled in everything in beginning... came to form from nowhere in Twenty20 and then got struck to his old story.

* Sreesanth... when he came... looked so promising with his pace... and now, he overdoes the things often. No self control.

* Praveen Kumar.. When he is coming... looking so dominant in challenger trophy.. 140+.. blah blah... and in future.. ( -------- Fill in the blanks! -----) :p

Why it's happening to India alone? bowlers do start their career in promising way and turn other way completely in later part of their career. Best thing we can try is, draft some Australian U19 players and train them. lol :D

Why it's happening to India alone? bowlers do start their career in promising way and turn other way completely in later part of their career. Best thing we can try is, draft some Australian U19 players and train them. lol :D

One has to look at the bowling coach, if it's happening to EVERY single promising young bowler.

* Praveen Kumar.. When he is coming... looking so dominant in challenger trophy.. 140+.. blah blah... and in future.. ( -------- Fill in the blanks! -----) :p

He is not 140kph, I advise you re-read the post.

Fair enough but he's around now, so why isn't RP, Sree, Pathan and Zaheer doing well now?

My point is, basically, that sure it can't be a lack of talent or self-discipline (except Sree, maybe).

Heard enough of it.

* Zaheer when he came.. was magnificent in form and was bowling 145 and now he is struggling. But in Tests, i find him good though.

I never recall him hitting 145kph consistantly. The fact is that he realised that his body could not take the strain of running in every ball. In 2003, he was a fantastic ODI bowler but the fact is that he is past his physical prime. In Test matches, he has realised that 135kph is the ideal pace to operate whilst getting the ball to move off the surface and being able to bowl for the whole day.

* Pathan when he came.. was magnificent in form and was bowling 140+ and now no aggression and has only accuracy which is not going to help always.

He was never 140kph+, take that from his biggest fan.

* Munaf when he came.. was magnificent in form was was impressive with speed and reverse swing.. and now he is gone without any address.

Chappell and every other coach before him were right when they said that Munaf's body could not handle the strain of bowling 140kph for a whole day. Check his first test match, notice how the pace declined throughout from about 90mph to 80mph and below. If the pace is dropping by that much, then the muscles are severely fatigued.

* I.Sharma when he came.. had so many expectations .. was magnificent in domestic level.. and was not so impressive against Bangladesh itself.

He was magnificent in about 5 matches against some weak teams.

* VRV Singh. when he came... was dominating for India (A side or U19 WCup..am not sure) side and was one of the leading wicket takers in domestic level ..but his bowling was even more worse than Munaf's in international level.

VRV Singh is one dimentional and I never remember him being consistantly spectacular at domestic level.

* RP Singh.. when he came .. got many price wickets.. struggled in everything in beginning... came to form from nowhere in Twenty20 and then got struck to his old story.

He is a good T20 bowler and enjoyed the South African conditions.

* Sreesanth... when he came... looked so promising with his pace... and now, he overdoes the things often. No self control.

When he came, he was 130kph, now he is 140kph. Be positive.

Wow, Indian bowlers have one bad day and people are all over them. They were decent in the first match! I actually think the Indian bowling attack has improved a lot and looks good on paper. However, I agree that Zaheer is completely out of form with no worthy replacement, so he can't warm the benches. I personally like RP a lot more than Sree, and Irfan is probably the best bowler on the side at the moment. It would've been nice to see Munaf bowl this series, but I think he's going to be out of the team for a while. It's not a good idea to start Praveen by replacing Zaheer...its placing too much pressure on him.

The only thing I'm mad about is that the selectors had Dravid out of the first 2 ODIs and didn't bring him back in for the third even after a double hundred and were willing to bring back Sehwag, who hasn't really deserved a recall.

TBH, I'm not a big fan of Gambhir. Whenever he gets runs, its after being dropped for a catch very early on or something like that.

guy a few hours left, i'm feeling it. the heat.. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread