Pakistan in India

India not letting their fans down with an awesome performance of how to give up a great position to be in a pathetic one. Tendulkar gave his wicket away and then Tanvir got rid of Dravid and Ganguly with straight deliveries.

They have to make a match interesting...
India will show that a hard surface has plenty in it for the bowlers.

I second that sohum.The batsmen have got themselves out...not the bowlers.

We should have played Irfan in this game.

100 Partnership between Laxman and Dhoni. Both have played really well. Dhoni scored a superb fifty but he never looked to be under any kind of pressure after India lost 5 wickets.

This could have potentially been a horrific day for India but they`ve managed to end it on an even keel (maybe even a slight advantage) by the end of the day thanks to Dhoni and VVS .
VVS has again showed why he is in the test side ahead of Yuvraj. He is the man for a crisis and has proved it time and again.

Why the media calls every game that VVS plays in as his `comeback game` is something which puzzles me.
With 17 overs to go for the potentially dangerous new ball , it will be interesting to see how India will approach the first session.
They must try and get as many runs as possible before the new ball is taken (if they survive that long).
The pattern of both the innings shows that if the new ball is negotiated, there seems to be little on offer for the bowlers, although the low bounce will be a problem as the game goes ahead.

With the most recent test centurion for India at the other end, Laxman can bat normally. Harbhajan can be a very unpredictable batsman but his best chance to do well with the bat is to attack as his defence is`nt the best around.

Looking forward to some good old fashioned test cricket tomorrow and as usual -- The first hour is very crucial, if we bat it out without losing too many, we should get a decent lead.

Pakistan might be missing the skiddly legspin of Afridi here, he could`ve been a handful on this track with uneven bounce.
Our top-order should have shown more character and made them earn the wickets.
Ganguly and Dravid got out to straight deliveries while Tendulkar still looked to be in the ODI mode trying to steal a single.
It was only Jaffer`s wicket that was achieved due to the sheer pace of Shoaib.

We need to ensure that we have a decent lead as Pakistan will make us work hard in the 2nd innings.

Iam enjoying test cricket much more after the glut of ODIs that we had in the past few months after the Test series win in England (which has unfortunately been overshadowed by the T20 WC).

Well, missed the entire Two days play. Happy that weekends are to watch the rest of this match. ;)

As far as I observed here, it seems, India have sacrificed their wickets. And Sachin :( Just played one delivery! :(

iceman_waugh said:
We should have played Irfan in this game.

Yes, I would have preferred Pathan over Munaf. After all both are slow bowlers ;) Atleast Pathan was in nice touch from ODIs which will help his confidence level to go further. Pathan is needed in Australia to try and swing more and get back his intial rhythm. Something is better than nothing as I still believe, " Never trust our dear so called pace bowlers. :p

Com'on Jumbo.. Roar on Day 3! :)

I wouldnt actually rate it as good bowling.Just aided by some stupid shot selection by the Indian batsmen.
Nevertheless,one has to give due credit to the bowlers also :p

Users who are viewing this thread