Pakistan in India

Yes, I would have preferred Pathan over Munaf. After all both are slow bowlers ;) Atleast Pathan was in nice touch from ODIs which will help his confidence level to go further. Pathan is needed in Australia to try and swing more and get back his intial rhythm. Something is better than nothing as I still believe, " Never trust our dear so called pace bowlers. :p

Com'on Jumbo.. Roar on Day 3! :)

I don`t think you`ve seen the way Munaf bowled.
He may not have got the wickets but he still showed a lot of heart and bowled at full pelt. This is not a wicket where Pathan would be missed.
We could have played him in place of Bhajji who I think will struggle to get wickets in the 2nd innings.
Pathan is not close to getting a test spot, at least not in Australia.
His style of bowling will be relished by the Aussies.

I don`t think you`ve seen the way Munaf bowled.
He may not have got the wickets but he still showed a lot of heart and bowled at full pelt.

Definitely, I didn't watch even a single ball! :) But still, I have only hopes on Jumbo to dominate with solid support from Bhaji in other end in these sub-continent conditions.

Even i had said before, his(Munaf) line was great but his body language was poor poor poor that time.. Well from what you say, I am eager to see his bowling tomorrow. Lets see if there is any improvement in body language or still walking in and delivering. ;)

In Australia, definitely Pathan is needed. Conditions might favour him to get his old rhythm back. Without his old deadly swing and some more pace, he is going to be ineffective in wickets column in Tests. Already expected him to be selected in England tour but didn't happen. So, this upcoming Aussie tour should be a golden chance for Pathan to trigger himself up.

Laxman trying to show the selectors that he needs to play. It's a bit of a dilemma really. As much as I'd like Yuvraj to play, Laxman's done well here, and Ganguly is a useful option with the ball. Tricky. The Indian batsmen have done well to get some sort of respectability. They should try for a lead of 100 from here. Kumble can bat, so can Zaheer and Bhajji. Laxman needs to stay around for a while. Good game.

Laxman trying to show the selectors that he needs to play. It's a bit of a dilemma really.

No doubt that, Laxman's selection is always Turned ON when coming to Tests. :rolleyes: No need to think at all. Experience always speak in Tests. With Dravid and Laxman, our middle order is solid. It only need some great support from Sachin/Sourav and some quick fire from Dhoni. :p

The only positions up for debate with Yuvraj are Karthik and Jaffer. So unless someone can move up the order (or get injured or if its a dead rubber, which is rare in test matches), I don't see Yuvraj being a part of the test side for at least the next two series. It's unfortunate. Laxman and Dravid have always been great players, especially in tests, and I'd easily pick their experience over Yuvraj. Ganguly provides a bowling action, so he can't be exchanged for Yuvi. And Sachin is Sachin.

It sucks for Yuvraj, who really deserves to play.

Before the start of this test match some members were shouting to drop Dhoni from the First XI and pick someone else.

My question to them:
Will you still stick to the same idea?

Before the start of this test match some members were shouting to drop Dhoni from the First XI and pick someone else.

My question to them:
Will you still stick to the same idea?
I would never drop Dhoni. He is a very good player and deserves to be in the team unlike Karman Akmal, although Akmal got 2 catches and 1 run out.

if pakistan keep india to within 50 ruyns lead then pakistan have a very good chance

im gonna go with pakistan when it comes to winning the match

a repeat of the karachi match although not as dramatic as it

if pakistan keep india to within 50 ruyns lead then pakistan have a very good chance

im gonna go with pakistan when it comes to winning the match

a repeat of the karachi match although not as dramatic as it
Yes its looking like that now.Chasing even 250 on this pitch is a huge task.Have to wait for the first session tomorrow.:mad:

Personally I think Tendulkar's dissmissal turned the game on its head, there was never two there...

I recokon we'll be bowled out for 250 and then Pakistan will make 300 setting us 250ish to win, which is impossible on this pitch.

I was really pleases how Munaf bowled though...back to good old days - hopefully :)

I dream beautiful and unusual,
Think we can achieve what we ask for,
11 green starts, like shining high to the sky,
We hope to win, as 3 days pass by,
Dreams are not real is what they say
But I have faith in my team till the last day..

thank you!

Last edited:
I dream beautiful and unusual,
Think we can achieve what we ask for,
11 green starts, like shining high to the sky,
We hope to win, as 3 days pass by,
Dreams are not real is what they say
But I have faith in my team till the last day..

thank you!
Nice poem. Where did you find it??:p

Users who are viewing this thread