Pakistan in India

You don't talk sense sometimes. Bowling in One Dayers and Tests is completely different for one. 1/37 and 2/51 are not bad figures from Harbhajan against good players of spin.

RP Singh was injured in the ODI series and Sreesanth in the last ODI.

If you are to blame any of the bowlers, it will be Munaf Patel who is finally bowling fast - which everyone has been telling him to do. He has bowled from 130kph and touched 140kph about once per spell. He is bowling on an unresponsive pitch and until he adds conventional swing to his repetoire, he will never do well on pitches such as those with the new ball.

But you shouldn't blame the bowlers, India's problem was a poor batting performance. India have the right batsmen but they did not play well for one innings and it has cost them dearly.
Oh really i didnt know that bowling in one dayers and tests is different.Just look at Harbhajan's record against Pakistan.
I wont blame batting like u.They have won us plenty of matches.So if they fail in one inning that doesnt make them weak.Our weak point is bowling.If you deny that then you need to check your senses.From 142/8 to 231 you call it good bowling.This has been our weak point we cant get the tailenders out.Harbhajan is not a noob now.He is the senior bowler he should take some responsibility now.He hasnt done anything special in the tests recently.Sometimes he tries to bowl fast.And mostly he gets wickets due to batsman faults.Sometimes bowlers has to take the responsibility relying everytime on batting isnt good.But we have to include him in the tests becoz there is no backup of him.:mad:And we cant play three fast bowlers.We seriously need good bowlers.Batsman cant win matches everytime.

one think i don`t like,when our openers give start then middle order collapse.

Yeah it happens everytime with pakistan.Then they say that openers should give us good start but when openers give them good start middle order collapse.You still have misbah there.

I have played football with a cold before. Essentially, that is what Misbah-ul-Haq has, a cold. I am not too disadvantaged. Not that I have ever played a Test vs India though.

Some one said India will find it hard to win from here. Utter crap! Both teams are amazingly equal right now into the fourth day of a potential classic test match. The fortunes have fluctuated madly from one side to another. When India slowly look like getting far ahead, Pakistan somehow wrests the initiative back. Same vice versa with India.

One wicket now could lead to two or three quick wickets. The lead is only 167 and we have only 5 more wickets remaining (one more into the tail; Tanvir is still a debutant). If we can restrict their lead to 220 odd, we are definitely capable of chasing it down. Even 250 is chaseable. The wicket hasnt showed big signs of breaking up. Its helping the spinners, but thats just about it. Its not unplayable.

Its even stevens now. Awesome test match! Even Jaffer's catch, it gave the match the thrill (had Misbah got out that time, Pakistan could have folded up by now, though I was livid at Jaffer dropping that). I sincerely hope this test has a perfect ending to it (perfect ending means a sensational finish).

It seems like it can go either way now -

Misbah and Kamran put up a 100 run partnership (easily possible - Kamran is not a bad bat, and we know what Misbah is capable of), getting Pakistan to 267 lead, and then the tail wags with Sohail Tanvir and Mohammad Sami, which gets Pakistan close to 300 if not over 300.

Theres a fine line now, to decide who will win. If Pakistan fold up with a lead of only 240-250, India will most probably win. But if Pakistan get the lead over 300, it is easily in Pakistan's favor, so theres a very fine line between winning and losing now.

Anything below 250 and india will feel comfortable about winning, between 250-300 and india will be calculative in their approach, over 300 and india might shut shop and look to save the test.

Well it is sure going to be a classic fourth day. Hopefully Pakistan can make enough to gain a lead of about 270/280, leaving the test finely poised. India could then approach the target in several different ways, will be interesting to see which they choose!

yes the game is coming out to be a old classic one...

Users who are viewing this thread