Pakistan in India

Delhi has always been very polluted and foggy/smoggy. Planes during the winter get cancelled and delayed all the time because of the poor visibility. Mumbai is much better. ;)

India look in a good position--in fact it would take quite an effort to lose it from here. I maintain that Sehwag should be played on the flat wickets in India because you're really going to get more utility from him rather than someone like Karthik. Ah well.... I guess we've had this debate elsewhere.

So 140 to win with 9 wickets in hand--it should be smooth sailing but cricket's a funny game!

Delhi has always been very polluted and foggy/smoggy. Planes during the winter get cancelled and delayed all the time because of the poor visibility. Mumbai is much better. ;)

India look in a good position--in fact it would take quite an effort to lose it from here. I maintain that Sehwag should be played on the flat wickets in India because you're really going to get more utility from him rather than someone like Karthik. Ah well.... I guess we've had this debate elsewhere.

So 140 to win with 9 wickets in hand--it should be smooth sailing but cricket's a funny game!

Its confirmed my belief that this wicket has got better for batting than it was on the first two days. This is quite a placid wicket, and the first two days were a combination of poor batting and early morning conditions favoring movement.

Jaffer and Dravid look very tight and look really good to finish it themselves. Dravid looking really relaxed and focussed now. He is free of all the pressure and looks good.

Edit: One of the best deliveries I have seen Akthar bowl to Dravid! India somehow find options to open up the game and make it interesting

Last edited:
Well India well on course for victory, nevertheless Shoaib bowled his heart out and was unlucky to get another victim to make the game more interesting...anyway, I'm not complaining, India are marchin onto victoy tomorrow! :)

Good win India, not taking anything away from greatness of Tendulker holding his nerves. But we just lost a game we were going to win easy.
Just like giving away by loosing wickets, and the bowling couldn’t save us by defending 200 runs. Shoaib Akhtar bowled his heart out, Legend! We much appreciate that.

Salman butt good fielding and I saw Pakistani Fielding has improved alot, we didn’t give up and did our fight back, which was the most important thing for us. We just couldn’t do enough to make the Experienced Indian side think. Questions can be made regarding the captaincy of Shoaib Malik, is he really leading Pakistan from the front? The game was not what I expected, to be a batting and runs game...

We gave less target for first innings then Bowled great to comeback, then we just couldn’t do the job in batting (expect Salman Butt, Misbah-ul-Haq). We should make a few changes for the 2nd test match.

To sum up, it was a good Test match, where both teams had their chances. At the end the result goes against Pakistan and in the favour of India.

Match rating: 7.8/10

Questions can be made regarding the captaincy of Shoaib Malik, is he really leading Pakistan from the front? The game was not what I expected, to be a batting and runs game...

I was thinking the same as well, he is not a very attacking captain with his field settings, also he should have brought himself onto bowl...

Kaneria was not that impressive either, mixing up his line and lentgh far too much to get any rythm going....(funny when he falled over though:D)

Yeah that was classic.. The umpires nasty smile. :p

The Indian batting was better than the Pakistani batting, and that's made the difference in this match. Pakistan had too many mini collapses. India had one in the first innings, but have looked good since then. Jaffer and Dravid were looking good. Jaffer unlucky to hit it straight to the guy - was a good shot. Dravid got a peach. Tendulkar and Ganguly have looked comfortable so far. It'll be a good win.

Indian bowling still looks weak. We really need Sreesanth and RP back. Munaf is not good enough. Dinesh Karthik has to come back well after this test where he's done nothing. Sehwag's knocking on the door. As for Yuvi, well, he'll have to wait even longer it seems. Unless they replace Karthik with him.

Indian bowling still looks weak. We really need Sreesanth and RP back. Munaf is not good enough. Dinesh Karthik has to come back well after this test where he's done nothing. Sehwag's knocking on the door. As for Yuvi, well, he'll have to wait even longer it seems. Unless they replace Karthik with him.

I think Munaf bowled well but was undone by a dead flat, dead slow pitch.

Winter? You're having a test series in winter? What's the temperature?

Winters in the northern part of India and in Pakistan can be quite harsh.
Night Temperartures can fall to as low as 0 degree Celcius by December in some places and is mostly around the 7-8 degree Celcius mark for the most part of December and January.

This is the best time to play cricket in India but the problem is that the light fades by 4.30 p.m making it hard to finish the 90 overs.
We shouldn`t be alowing teams like England/NZ to tour during the Winter though, it makes it too pleasant and homely for them !

I think Munaf bowled well but was undone by a dead flat, dead slow pitch.
That shouldn't happen. If the guy goes flat on a batting surface, it isn't very good. You can't keep relying on pace from the pitch. Sreesanth would've extracted something, I feel, and RP would've swung it.

Pathan....well I still think he's lost it.

That shouldn't happen. If the guy goes flat on a batting surface, it isn't very good. You can't keep relying on pace from the pitch. Sreesanth would've extracted something, I feel, and RP would've swung it.

Pathan....well I still think he's lost it.

I don't think Pathan has lost it. He took 4 wickets for Baroda a few days back and took a wicket today too.

Let's see. I've not been impressed with him since his comeback. I've not seen the swing that he once had. His cutters and change of pace isn't good enough in Tests.

Users who are viewing this thread