Pakistan in India

Yeah, we need a pure fast bowler, all our others (except RP occasionally) are more medium and the Aussies are just going to love that.

sami just doesnt have what it takes to be a good bowler in tests, Pakistan need to call up someone else if Gul isnt fit for the 2nd test.

congrats to Tendulkar for going past Border in the all time run scorers table. with only 800 or so behind lara you would think that hes gona pass him.

Last edited:
What we have also seen in this test match is big test-match crowds showing that good test-cricket is well supported in India as well.

Sachin has quite a few years of test cricket in him. He will pass Brian Lara for sure. I think Ponting will give big competition to Tendulkar may be like the Murali-Warne battle for the wickets.

Ponting is going to win that battle. I'd like to think otherwise but Ponting is still accerating while Tendulkar is staying at a constant velocity or decelerating, in terms of runs scored.

This was a good match from an Indian point of view. Comfortable victory, large crowds. Akthar really looks like the only dangerous bowler; it's a shame Asif is out because he would have made it much harder for India.

As for Karthik, I think you will find that he did well in England--in swinging conditions, though he played and missed quite a lot. I think we need someone more aggressive on faster tracks, like Sehwag. And on better batting tracks--I wouldn't hesitate in picking Sehwag over Karthik because he can really get in.

seriously,
the icc need to put a better umpire in a high profile series than doctrove
i cant believe how doctrove is still umpiring after all the mistakes he's made throughout all these years.

its almost like he makes his own out-not out decisions as he goes along

good win for india. i am thinking though. shpuld indian again go with two seam bowlers for the next test. i would play patel and khan. i would drop h singh and seeing as i pathan performed really well against hydrabad in the first class game. i would call him up.

I think that Pakistan made a big mistake sending Afridi back. And now also Shoaib Malik is injured although it cannot be confirmed if he will play the second TEST or not.

good win for india. i am thinking though. shpuld indian again go with two seam bowlers for the next test. i would play patel and khan. i would drop h singh and seeing as i pathan performed really well against hydrabad in the first class game. i would call him up.

You do realise which massive players Bhajji got out in the second innings? :rolleyes:

(Mohammed Yousuf and Shoaib Malik)

You do realise which massive players Bhajji got out in the second innings? :rolleyes:

(Mohammed Yousuf and Shoaib Malik)
They got out becoz of their own mistakes.Sorry but Harbhajan's performance wasnt that good.Ganguly bowled better than him.

seriously,
the icc need to put a better umpire in a high profile series than doctrove
i cant believe how doctrove is still umpiring after all the mistakes he's made throughout all these years.

its almost like he makes his own out-not out decisions as he goes along
To be fair, apart from the one appalling decision that went in Dravid's favor, the umpiring has been top-notch in this match. There were so many appeals and so many close appeals, but the umpires got them right for the most part.

If the wicket is flat or turning, Bhajji should play. Yousuf's wicket was earned by Bhajji with that flight. Malik was unlucky, but still Bhajji bowled pretty well in this match. Ganguly bowled well too, but dont compare him with Bhajji to undermine Bhajji.

With Ganguly around, two fast bowlers are enough and we can play two spinners in Kumble and Harbhajan (Bhajji). I would drop Karthik and bring in Yuvraj Singh and make him open in the next test match.

Pathan should come in for Bhajji then...

Good move in theory but is Pathan ready for Test cricket? Or is he good enough? He has rarely done well in Test cricket except against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, perhaps he needs to prove himself in his next two Ranji Trophy games before the Australia tour instead of waltzing in from economy in ODIs, which could not be more irrelevant to Test cricket.

If a pace bowler comes in for Bhajji, I would choose Pankaj Singh. He has done very well this season, taking 22 wickets at 23.95 in the Super League and has experience at a high level by opening the bowling for India A on flat decks, actually outperforming Pathan. He can operate at 130kph and by all reports is very good, why else would Kaif choose to unquestionably open the bowling with him in the four India A FC games.

I feel still that Ishant Sharma is too raw and at 19 years old with a no-ball problem, he is no way ready for Test cricket. Although I feel the pace is there, I think that as a tall bowler, bowling at 135kph, he should be getting many more wickets against Indian batsmen. He needs time to hone his skills and is no way a special enough talent to walk into the Test team for a second Test after just 14 FC games.

I would drop Karthik and bring in Yuvraj Singh and make him open in the next test match.

No!

1. Why drop Karthik? He was the best Indian batsmen in the England tour? Why forget that after one game?

2. Yuvraj Singh opening? Indian domestic cricket has many openers. Why play Yuvraj out of position at the top of the order, it makes no sense. If you want an opener, why not go with Chopra, Gambhir or Sehwag, all who have very good FC records opening the batting or in Sehwag's case, a very good Test record opening the batting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread