Pakistan in India

Sharma shouldn't be anywhere near the test team at this moment of time, in my opinion, but Badri and Tiwary deserve it.

Sharma shouldn't be anywhere near the test team at this moment of time, in my opinion, but Badri and Tiwary deserve it.

lol yuvraj is warming the bench and you want tiwari and badrinath now.:p

Yes, I do. Yuvi may be a superstar in one dayers, but a 5 or 4 dayer is a completely different ball game, and these two have been using the bowlers in the domestic league as dollies to get their hundreds with.

Yes, I do. Yuvi may be a superstar in one dayers, but a 5 or 4 dayer is a completely different ball game, and these two have been using the bowlers in the domestic league as dollies to get their hundreds with.
Without giving yuvi a chance how can you get into this conclusion that he wont be successful.If any cricketer who deserves a place in the team other than the senior players its yuvraj.Then it will be rohit sharma.

I don't know. I think Sharma and Tiwary are the future of Indian batting in both forms of the game. He shouldn't be in the playing XI but he should definitely be around.

Without giving yuvi a chance how can you get into this conclusion that he wont be successful.If any cricketer who deserves a place in the team other than the senior players its yuvraj.Then it will be rohit sharma.
It's not like Yuvi hasn't played test cricket. He was decently successful. Yuvi is definitely higher in the pecking order but you gotta feel for someone like Badri, who I think is older than Yuvi and still hasn't gotten a chance to display his talents on the world stage.

Last edited:
Yeah, what I meant was anyway near getting into the XI yet, he needs to maintain a place in the ODI XI first. :P

Babu - I'm saying don't give Yuvi a go, but give these guys a go ahead of him, as he has already had a go, he was far too inconsistent, he had like three very good scores. Probably not right now, as Yuvi is in good form.

I don't know. I think Sharma and Tiwary are the future of Indian batting in both forms of the game. He shouldn't be in the playing XI but he should definitely be around.

It's not like Yuvi hasn't played test cricket. He was decently successful. Yuvi is definitely higher in the pecking order but you gotta feel for someone like Badri, who I think is older than Yuvi and still hasn't gotten a chance to display his talents on the world stage.
Badri is 26 and yuvi is 25-26 i guess.
:mad:But i think ICL has stolen many good indian fast bowlers and batsman like Abu Nechim(fast bowler) he is just 19.And Abid Nabi(22) the guy who bowls in 145's kmph consistently.:mad:Abu Nechim was with the under 19 team dont know why he chose ICL.BCCI is ruining our cricket.:mad:

BCCI are idiots, they just don't want to lose control over everything to do with Indian cricket. Ambati Rayudu as well, he may have well been a pillar in the Indian middle order for years to come, opted for ICL because he wanted to play against International class, I don't see why that is bad.

Yuvraj Singh opening? Indian domestic cricket has many openers. Why play Yuvraj out of position at the top of the order, it makes no sense. If you want an opener, why not go with Chopra, Gambhir or Sehwag, all who have very good FC records opening the batting or in Sehwag's case, a very good Test record opening the batting.

I am talking about the immediate 2nd test for which the team has already been selected and you cannot have Sehwag or Gambhir or Chopra in this particular test. DK has never impressed me as an opener and having Yuvraj there was a temporary solution becoz we need the best possible players to beat Pakistan 2-0 and close out the series.

looks like gul is fit for 2nd test and asif for the 3rd test

pakistan have a chance now to win this series

To be fair, apart from the one appalling decision that went in Dravid's favor, the umpiring has been top-notch in this match. There were so many appeals and so many close appeals, but the umpires got them right for the most part.

even though,
for such a high profile series you need like a top umpire to partner taufel,

even cricinfo was criticising docrove in the previous matches he has stood in
the guy just doesnt give lbw's out for some reason

Last edited:
Yeah... I guess. Maybe I'm just bored of watching the same team play over and over again. :p I mean, in the last 2 years the only change we've had in our test team is our openers and our pace bowlers--and that too only for injury. I would give Chawla another season in Ranji as well, I suppose, but I wouldn't leave him out of it for too long. Definitely have to keep him around in the ODI frame of things, though, and get Tiwary, Sharma and Badri into that outfit quickly as well.

That actually means we have a settled lineup.
Even Australia have`nt had big changes in their team over the past few years except for the ones forced upon them by retirements.

Even Australia have`nt had big changes in their team over the past few years except for the ones forced upon them by retirements.
Pakistan havent made much in Tests too:D

Only Misbah comes in and the openers. Bowler only due to injury.

Yeah.... except we've seen Sachin's compatriots like Mark Waugh, Steve Waugh and to some extent Mark Taylor leave the game a long time ago. If you look at the current Aussie line-up, the only ones who are compatriots with our big three are Ponting and Hayden and to a certain degree Gilchrist. Apart from that it's all new blood. And they keep winning because they have the renewed hunger as well as the physical athleticism to feed that hunger.

true but indian team is doing fine is tests and experience will be needed down under.

Users who are viewing this thread