Pakistan in India

BCCI are idiots, they just don't want to lose control over everything to do with Indian cricket. Ambati Rayudu as well, he may have well been a pillar in the Indian middle order for years to come, opted for ICL because he wanted to play against International class, I don't see why that is bad.

Ambati Rayadu was once touted as the next Dravid.
Sad that he's gone now.

Still we do have Cheteshwar Pujara.

Yeah.... except we've seen Sachin's compatriots like Mark Waugh, Steve Waugh and to some extent Mark Taylor leave the game a long time ago. If you look at the current Aussie line-up, the only ones who are compatriots with our big three are Ponting and Hayden and to a certain degree Gilchrist. Apart from that it's all new blood. And they keep winning because they have the renewed hunger as well as the physical athleticism to feed that hunger.

I reckon if we can put the Aussies under some pressure,things might be interesting.

i wouldnt make the mistake of trying to put the aussies under pressure if i was an indian

you put them under pressure and they will eat you guys team for snacks

true but indian team is doing fine is tests and experience will be needed down under.
Yeah..... except at some point the sheer utility of a player exceeds the importance of experience. Otherwise, older experienced players would keep playing forever until their bodies gave out. A lot of players retire when they are still physically capable of contributing, and many of them are Australians, the most successful cricket team.

I reckon if we can put the Aussies under some pressure,things might be interesting.
Heh.... your comment doesn't seem to be related to my quoted post. Unless you're saying we need to develop and satisfy that hunger. And the whole point of that post was younger players are more likely to do that.

Last edited:
Apparently Shoaib Akhtar is in hospital, is this true?, They say he has a fever or something, people in the UK go on Ceefax page 340 and there is a headline on it...

i wouldnt make the mistake of trying to put the aussies under pressure if i was an indian

you put them under pressure and they will eat you guys team for snacks

Then how do you try to win against them? If you play well against them, they will automatically be put under pressure right? They might be mentally tough to handle pressure situations well, but they are not perfect. If you can put them under pressure and try to sustain that pressure, you can do well against them.

So he might miss the test, or if Pakistan win the toss, Shoaib Malik (or someone else because Mailk's injured too ) will bat first to give Akhtar time to recover...

I am a bit worried now. Its just when the team falls away that Pakistan conjure up an inspiring performance to make a comeback of sorts. Now Akthar is in hospital, Malik is nursing an injury, Gul is not yet sure, etc. Hope India can keep their feet on ground and look to close out the series at Eden Gardens itself.

Last edited:
This Friday. Although some may not be able to see it because it clashes with the England test match from day 2 (people with Virgin, like me).

Pitch is expected to be another slow turner. So Harbhajan and Kumble will continue their partnership. I dont foresee any change in the XI that took guard for the Delhi test match (unless Kumble decides to have Yuvraj in place of Karthik and make him open which I feel he is unlikely to do).

Its Pakistan's line up thats going to be more interesting to watch out for (who are eventually going to play).

Team India will be the same excepting if Ms Dhoni,who is unfit decides to pull out of the match,which means that Yuvraj will come in.
As for Pak,they might have a new captain taking the field without the two Shoaibs.Misab ul Haq is also doubtful.

Well Cricinfo says that Dhoni has just done a full practice session

The Indian team, in contrast, had no real fitness worries. Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who was struggling with an ankle injury, went through a full practice session, monitored closely by John Gloster, the physiotherapist, and Greg King, the trainer. Dhoni, who was initially involved in hitting slip catches, later took catches fired at him from short range by Robin Singh, the fielding coach, and King, who stood a few metres apart and hit balls alternatively to Dhoni, making him stretch from one side to the other in the course of taking his catches. Later Dhoni repeated the exercise while half lying on the field, ensuring that he had could not use his feet and had to lunge to his left and right.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvpak/content/current/story/322637.html

Users who are viewing this thread